Image Image Image Image

The “Pause” has benefited the Hawks the most / important dates upcoming

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

The “Pause” has benefited the Hawks the most / important dates upcoming 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:48 pm

When sports stopped on the Blackhawks were out of the playoffs with just a glimmer of hope left it really didn’t look that good.

Fast forward to mid June and no other team in any sports league has benefited as much as the Hawks:

A finalist for a hub city where 1/3 of the league and likely their loved ones will “in depth” get to know the city, the rinks, and the people... an invaluable tool for any upcoming free agents!!

The hawks signed their big question mark ELDs with Barratt, Mitchell, Teply etc... where as perhaps a college playoff run makes them into UFA decision mode instead of a less financial deal with Hawks.

JMcD is let go admidst years of “hard to work for” chatter... perhaps signals a big change to the recent culture and unwillingness to let go of “advertised” assets for profit as opposed to selling high and setting actual long term goals

Then there is the big one... receiving BOTH the ability to play in a playoff round AND still qualify for lottery drawing. Not only that, but their matchup is against a team they actually beat 2-1 in the season and held the beat player in the world scoreless.

We get healthy and some key players are eligible to play against the Oilers namely De Haan whom was sorely missed.

What a break for the Hawks... and in a draft year that is legitimately 2 rounds deep of future NHLers.

Fwiw: I’ve had ample time to dissect the classes games and maturity in every way possible:

If I were a GM and drafting it’d be this:

1. Lafreinere
2. Stutzle
3. Perfetti
4. Holtz
5. Sanderson
6. Rossi
7. Drysdale
8. Byfield
9. Lapierre
10. Lundell
11. Raymond
12. Mysak
13. Bordeleau
14. Poirer
15. Smilanic
16. O’Rouke
17. Guehle
18. Holloway
19. Barron
20. Grans
21. Askarov
22. Wallinder
23. Faber
24. Mercer
25. Reichel
26. Peterson
27. Weisblatt
28. Schneider
29. Quinn
30. Zary
31. Commesso

That’s likely not in line with most people, but I’m confident in those players... I’m sure Byfield is going with 2 or 3.... but dang he needs years of good coaches before he is anything like a top tier center... he is a risk.
GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Re: The “Pause” has benefited the Hawks the most / important dates upcoming 

Post#2 » by GRADEN » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:49 pm

June 26 draft lottery round 1
July 10 Training camps start

Return to Chicago Blackhawks