Image Image Image Image

Blackhawks offseason plan discussion

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Post#81 » by GRADEN » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:38 pm

Yea Dano is going to play wing.... Been a long time since in the middle for him. I'd love to keep Tuevo in center, but he is flexible.

Yea the bonus's reached to 750 counting on the cap...

Kruger to me is always the obvious move here as he is worth a long term investment for a team. Do not forget that Anisimov is considered a two way player and plays the PK under center. Bowman has said this.

Panarin is going to have to prove his worth to Q as a top 3 line guy.... Don't pencil him in there yet. VT has a better grip on a 3rd line id say. Steeger is going to play 50-60 games guys, they'll be plenty of moving about during season.

I still think we move Kruger, maybe steeger, and doubtful on Bickell as a team will certainly ask for a Danault or Pokka or something as a package deal.

On Dano.... Watched some more of his game recently as I'm preparing my preview and really want to get it right..... Kid is good guys, a real coup on the deal. Needs a little more eyes up combo with speed but I like his feel and anticipation

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#82 » by GRADEN » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:49 pm

Scmaltzy just made usa junior squad... Congrats, huge honor!!

It's a who is who roster full of top tier guys so this is a great sign from evaluators other than our staff

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#83 » by TNBT » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Congrats to Schmaltz as well. It's always an honor to be selected in representative teams like that.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#84 » by GRADEN » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Curious how long Kruger can wait for us to clear ya know..... Clearly he'd like a 3/6ish deal done already but as other teams fill up how can he be comfortable waiting....

ADD gotta say I'm in your corner on crows deal right now... It's pretty crazy how long / mich that is.... He still has like 6/36 or something like that left if I remember... Maybe 5/30, however long it is it is killing us.....

Gotta say something too.... We need to make sure we are prepared for next offseason when we extend Seabrook for 5/30-6/35 or whatever it is....

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#85 » by TNBT » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:49 am

I'm with you on that one, G. We can't afford to lose Seabrook for nothing. We really need to sort out what we're going to do. Now whether that's trades, readjusting contracts or whatever, it needs to happen.

We can't afford to lose him. Losing Saad was tough, but we have a lot of good young forwards who can take his place. Seabrook on the other hand, has less depth behind him. With Johns, Paliota, Clendening, etc all gone, we don't have that luxury of having great blue-line depth who can step up.

ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Re: Blackhawks offseason plan discussion 

Post#86 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:28 pm

Seabrook's future came up last summer. The Hawks will "address it" when the time comes. If he really wants one more pay day, unfortunately, he'll be moved.

Now, he's older and has been paid, so hopefully, it's not a Saadlike situation where he's looking to cash in. I think both sides really want one another. However, a team like Calgary or Arizona now that their issue was resolved, might be looking to make a splash and get better a lot quicker by throwing a lot of money at someone like Seabs. Obviously, this is all looking way ahead.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#87 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:35 pm

GRADEN wrote:Curious how long Kruger can wait for us to clear ya know..... Clearly he'd like a 3/6ish deal done already but as other teams fill up how can he be comfortable waiting....

ADD gotta say I'm in your corner on crows deal right now... It's pretty crazy how long / mich that is.... He still has like 6/36 or something like that left if I remember... Maybe 5/30, however long it is it is killing us.....

Gotta say something too.... We need to make sure we are prepared for next offseason when we extend Seabrook for 5/30-6/35 or whatever it is....

With Kruger, it sounds like he will wait as long as he must. He really doesn't want to leave and he saw what ultimately happened with Saad. Worst case scenario, the Hawks can't fit him in and he signs with a team that still has cash and they'd be more than happy to add him. On the Hawks end, it sucks, but they're deep at C at least. Hopefully, this is all moot and Bickell or whomever is moved and Kruger is re-upped.

Yeah, with Crow, I don't think the majority of people get what his deal is and for what he is. Yes, he's been the goalie on two Cup winning teams and he's put up nice numbers. But he alone didn't win those Cups. He was and is expendable. But Bowman loves him and a lot of the fanbase overloves him. It is what it is. He's the one guy if you say the slightest negative thing about all the "Squaks" jump on you. It's weird. But Chicago fans always fall in the love most with some of the weirdest players. Sharp was that way too. When he was traded, some people acted like the guy died and the last 2 seasons didn't happen.

Can they still restructure under the new CBA? I thought they got rid of that and all the huge deals that paid guys for like 14+ years
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#88 » by GRADEN » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:57 pm

Fans were upset sharp got traded??? Geez, that's an informed fan / s.....

If u read my preview from years and years ago I was all for getting rid of him and not resigning him.

Holtby 5/30.5.... Only 25 and just had a stellar playoffs so I get it but it's a huge commitment and cap number for them

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#89 » by GRADEN » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:59 pm

Blues let oshie go..... Pietrangelo is my ultimate D prize,,, anyone think in a 2-3 year window we could get him?

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#90 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:47 pm

GRADEN wrote:Blues let oshie go..... Pietrangelo is my ultimate D prize,,, anyone think in a 2-3 year window we could get him?

Not unless the cap really goes up. Hawks also will have their own guys to pay again (Seabs, Teuvo, etc.)

Oshie was basically scapegoated in STL for the team's constant underachieving and they can't blame another head coach and fire them.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#91 » by TNBT » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:00 am

Regarding Pietrangelo, I'm not seeing it. With the amount of money we have invested in the core (especially Toews and Kane), I can't see us making any big signings anytime soon. As long as the current core is together, I see us building through the draft (guys like Teravainen, etc) and rental free-agents.

In years time, when the Toews, Kane's, Hossa's, Keith's etc are retired or moved on, I think then is when we'll see our next major signings.

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#92 » by GRADEN » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:48 pm

Pietrangelo and Seabs fairly similar I suppose

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#93 » by GRADEN » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:27 am

Man pens just stole that trade... Boni / Clendening and a round move up for sutty.... Look he is a goal scorer and a talented offensive guy but he is not a two way or passing center and that is a lot to give up for that imo

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#94 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:11 pm

Well, Kris Versteeg & Joakim Nordstrom were traded to the Hurricanes today for prospects. Hawks give up a 3rd. Get a 5th. Basically, salary dump and it helps the Hawks with re-signing Kruger.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#95 » by TNBT » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:21 am

Yep, two guys gone, and Kruger back in. I'm ecstatic that we've been able to keep Kruger but I really rate Versteeg as a player. I'd have rather seen Bickell go, but it is what it is.

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#96 » by ADDinChicago » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:56 am

Believe me, the Hawks would have loved to have moved Bickell more than anyone (except maybe Sharp), but from what I've heard, his head is really messed up. It'll be interesting to see if he's at camp.

Hawks signed both both D Jan Hejda & F Daniel Paille to PTO deals to attend camp. I could see both catching on for little money for a chance to chase a Cup.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#97 » by TNBT » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:19 am

Bickell's head is messed up? I hadn't heard anything about that. Can you elaborate on that?

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#98 » by ADDinChicago » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:52 pm

TNBT wrote:Bickell's head is messed up? I hadn't heard anything about that. Can you elaborate on that?

Post-concussion issues. Not terrible, but bad enough where he wouldn't pass a physical and it's part of the reason the Hawks found zero takers this summer (his salary and lack of production also were key).

It's not exactly something the Hawks would put out there. Like I said, if he's at camp, maybe he's ok. If not, let the further speculation begin.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#99 » by ADDinChicago » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Hawks also confirmed today that Patrick Kane WILL be at camp. Let the media circus begin...
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#100 » by TNBT » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:28 am

I'm just wondering what you guys think of some of our veteran camp invites? There's a lot of new guys on potentially on the roster, and I'm wondering who you'd like to see make it?

On the blue-line, I'd probably pass on Vishnovsky at his age, unless he just plays too good to ignore. Hejda has some size but I don't know s whole lot about him.

At forward, I'm liking Paille getting a chance. He seems like he could be a regular lineup player, but it makes me wonder WHY he was available? I've heard Kopecky could be coming into camp too... I haven't followed him much lately so I'm not sure how good he is these days.

That's just a few general thoughts that are running through my head at the moment, but there's even more new guys in the competition, so I want to know what you guys think.

Return to Chicago Blackhawks