Image Image Image Image

Blackhawks offseason plan discussion

Moderator: TNBT

ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Re: Blackhawks offseason plan discussion 

Post#101 » by ADDinChicago » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:56 pm

Paille & Hejda I would like to see and I think both have a decent chance to make it. Both can still contribute. And seeing how the Hawks work around the cap, it could work. Need a wing and also need a d-man, so they're the obvious choices.

Paille, I was surprised became available. He's youngish and not bad. Hejda's 37, but we've seen older guys can still play D at an older age and quite well as a 2nd or 3rd liner.

I don't get why they'd even waste a flyer on Vishnovsky at 39, he's done and has been done.
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,147

Post#102 » by molepharmer » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:34 pm

TNBT wrote:Thanks for posting that, mole. It could have gone in either this thread or the Blackhawks off-season thread. What do you make of some of the new faces on that list?

Excited to see what Dano and Panarin can bring. Read a lot of good stuff about those two. I expect Anisimov to be a very solid 2C. Tikhonov will be interesting in that he was a 1st round pick but didn't seem to work out in his limited chance in Phoenix. Has he found his game?

Then you got a bunch of ho-hum depth, 4th liners battling for 1, maybe 2 spots; Garbutt*, Paille*, Morin, Tropp, Hartman, Kopecky, McNeil,etc. Some certainly better than others.

Then another bunch of defensemen battling for spots 6 and 7 (assume TVR gets #5); Rundblad*, Hejda*, Visnosky, Pokka, Rozsival, Svedberg; youth vs experience.

Competition should be fierce. It'll be interesting to see who some of the final cuts are going to be.

fwiw - asterisk is my uneducated guess as to who makes the final roster or is a final cut
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#103 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:12 am

Now the news on Bickell still suffering from vertigo due to concussions has come to light.

http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks/blackhawks-bryan-bickell-still-feeling-affects-vertigo
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#104 » by TNBT » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:07 am

We've just signed Rozsival to s one year deal, so I'm guessing he'll likely be the #6 defenseman, or at least be in a rotation with someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
molepharmer
Head Coach

Post#105 » by molepharmer » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:36 pm

I'm sure everybody who wants to is keeping up with the news out of training camp, but just in case.......Dano and Panarin are doing very well. Teuvo has gained 10 lbs and has centered a line with Panarin and Tikonov. Dano with Toews and Hossa.

http://blackhawkup.com/2015/09/19/chicago-blackhawks-dano-panarin-shine-camp/
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#106 » by TNBT » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:52 pm

Mole, who has been on the second line?

molepharmer
Head Coach

Post#107 » by molepharmer » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:45 am

TNBT wrote:Mole, who has been on the second line?

Just guessing that it hasn't been quite as consistent as those other two lines. I think ADJ scored a goal with AA and Kane. Then I thought I read where Bicks scored with AA and Kane, but don't quote me on any of that. No doubt Q keeps things in a constant state of flux at this time; trying all sorts of combinations.

As for young defensemen, I've read where both Pokka and TVR have looked good.

First preseason game tomorrow vs. Red Wings.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#108 » by TNBT » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:50 am

You're probably right about the lines not being set enough yet to get an idea of who will be playing with who. From my perspective, I'm looking at the top two lines like this:

? - Toews - Hossa
? - Anisimov - Kane

Now given that Q has stated that he plans on using Teravainen at C, you would have to expect that he centers the 3rd line. That leaves Panarin, Dano and Bickell as realistic options for LW on those top two lines. Now with a little guy in Teravainen centering the 3rd line, I'd be inclined to put Bickell on that line to add some size. I think he can also help by getting to the front of the net and screening for Teravainen and Tikhonov.

So I think you go with Dano and Panarin at LW on the top two lines. Which line you place each on is personal opinion, but I like Dano staying with Anisimov who he was with in Columbus.

That leaves me with this lineup:

Panarin - Toews - Hossa
Dano - Anisimov - Kane
Bickell - Teravainen - Tikhonov
Desjardins - Kruger - Shaw

Garbutt, Paille, and whoever else makes the team are depth forwards who can rotate in to give guys some rest throughout the year.

johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#109 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:59 pm

Vinny Hinostroza is small but I really love his game. Looked great last night. Another local kid too.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#110 » by TNBT » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:05 pm

Hinostroza and Anthony Louis are two kids I've been interested to see how they go. Both are undersized but obviously wouldn't have made it to the NHL if they didn't have the will to make it. Great to hear that Hinostroza is coming along well, but can anyone give me a bit of info on Louis?

Return to Chicago Blackhawks