Image Image Image Image

Kaner back in trouble?

Moderator: TNBT

molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,147

Re: Kaner back in trouble? 

Post#61 » by molepharmer » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:02 am

just to clarify - it was an empty evidence bag left at the mother's house, which supposedly had both the nurse's initials and complainant's name on it. Craziness.

And how stupid...the lawyer didn't redact the complainant's name from the bag. So her name is now out on the internet.
FBI said they won't investigate.
EC police say they have all evidence in it's original bag.
Cambria (Kane's lawyer) basically said 'So what. DNA test results already showed no Kane DNA below waist of complainant.'

Almost seems like the actual criminal case, if there is one, is a side show for some Buffalo/NY politic agendas.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Post#62 » by GRADEN » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:10 pm

Yea this is sooooo weird

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,956
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#63 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:21 pm

Hi all, first time póster in the Hwaks forum but life long Bulls/Hawks fan. I hope this ordeal ends with justice fairly dispensed.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#64 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:42 pm

GRADEN wrote:Yea this is sooooo weird

Just the most bizarre thing I've ever heard. How can the prosecution possibly have a case, now? Wonder if they'll ever find out who snatched that bag and left it at her mother's house. Somebody must have paid an awful lot of money to make that happen.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#65 » by GRADEN » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:18 am

Their lawyer just quit because he said they lied to them about the evidence (but in lawyer speak)... Also the girl whom now is identified had some friends that were bragging to others about the girl in talks for 1-2 million?? Geez, this smells of trash..... AND if it wasn't weird enough now there is a rumor Amanda was there at the house??? Couldn't be more BS if that were true.... Her family the next morning took smiling pics with the cup......

This is a money trap n grab by this chick right?

ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#66 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:19 am

I wish I knew how to make memes. We need one with Lawrence Fishburne from "The Matrix" just saying "What if I told you Patrick Kane was telling the truth all along".

Again, what a side show of complete and total horseblank.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#67 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:03 am

GRADEN wrote:Their lawyer just quit because he said they lied to them about the evidence (but in lawyer speak)... Also the girl whom now is identified had some friends that were bragging to others about the girl in talks for 1-2 million?? Geez, this smells of trash..... AND if it wasn't weird enough now there is a rumor Amanda was there at the house??? Couldn't be more BS if that were true.... Her family the next morning took smiling pics with the cup......

This is a money trap n grab by this chick right?

Obviously. High price to pay for fame and fortune sometimes, I suppose. Just really sucks because regardless of what happens, Kaner will always have his name connected to it. Rape or sexual assault of any kind is such a heinous crime that I really believe penalties for bringing false accusations need to be as severe as the penalties for the crime itself.

And, sure, Kaner is no angel and still has a lot of growing up to do and probably shouldn't even ever be putting himself in this position (same with Derrick), but it's one thing to be called a bad boy, or a rude, narcissistic, immature, arrogant dick.. it's a whole other World when sex crimes start getting connected to their names.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#68 » by TNBT » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:59 pm

This case has gone beyond ridiculous. When an accusers lawyer quits and essentially says "there's no way in hell that what she told us is true" then it makes you wonder where the prosecution can go from here. Even if it goes to a criminal trial, surely this is at least enough for reasonable doubt?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#69 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:18 am

I too don't know how this could still go trial. Sexual assault cases are already incredibly hard to prove as it is. Now there's no lawyer, and no "friend" of the accuser to testify. There's basically nothing to go on. Just ridiculous all around.

We'll never know what happened that night. Kane could be guilty. He could be innocent. But more and more this sounds like a money grab and a setup/extortion type of deal. (And this doesn't mean Kane didn't have relations with this girl) Between the lawyer not knowing that rape kits go into boxes and not bags, to this girl's own mother making up the story about the evidence bag when she was the one who changed her daughter's shirt and put it in that bag at the hospital, and to NY not having any laws against fabricating such allegations is beyond insane. I just want this to go away.

I really hope he starts making better decisions in life going forward and to be "smart" about it. And I hope he understands what he could lose (and still may lose). Maybe stop hanging with the idiot friends from Buffalo who clearly couldn't care less about their friend except for his money. Good friends and good people you hang with don't let you get into stupid situations.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#70 » by johnnyvann840 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:21 am

This just gets more bizarre by the hour.. the accuser's mother is the one who planted the bag on her own door. It was a hoax to make the prosecutors look grossly negligent. Maybe so they can blame them when the case gets tossed.

What I think may have happened here (just a theory) is that the whole family is in on the scam and when no DNA evidence showed up below her waist, the mother figured she would stage this whole thing to say the evidence was tampered with, thus giving them yet another lawsuit against the prosecution, lab, nurse, and whoever else they can sue. But she got caught by her own lawyer. Apparently the mother was given the bag when she took her daughter in for the rape kit test, but the bag was never used and the kit was put in a box... so the mother had it the whole time, but it never contained any evidence. Too bad they can't throw the accuser and her whole family in prison.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#71 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:44 pm

It just sounds like the mother was upset this wasn't moving fast enough (and there was no settlement coming). She must have thought everyone involved between Kane's camp, the police, the DA, etc. was beyond stupid. And it blew up in her face.

Credit to her lawyer after his laughable presser removing himself from the case, though.
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,147

Post#72 » by molepharmer » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:27 pm

ADDinChicago wrote:It just sounds like the mother was upset this wasn't moving fast enough (and there was no settlement coming). She must have thought everyone involved between Kane's camp, the police, the DA, etc. was beyond stupid. And it blew up in her face.

Credit to her lawyer after his laughable presser removing himself from the case, though.

The investigation may have moved along faster if the complainant and others didn't have lawyers. Sedita certainly sounded a little frustrated having to deal with potential witness' attorneys; he made some comment about never before having to deal with so many witness lawyers.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#73 » by GRADEN » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:01 pm

On another side of this.... Kane had some sick moves last night.... Which if truly innocent as we all hope he is shows as a great sign

This thing should be over soon I hope

Return to Chicago Blackhawks