Season Opener - Rangers v Hawks

Moderator: TNBT

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Season Opener - Rangers v Hawks 

Post#1 » by TNBT » Thu Oct 8, 2015 3:37 am

Well one game down, one loss on the board. Any thoughts from anyone who saw the game?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: Season Opener - Rangers v Hawks 

Post#2 » by TNBT » Thu Oct 8, 2015 3:39 am

I did see Panarin get his first NHL goal, which was great to see. I heard Kane scored but it was waived off because the ref couldn't see the puck... Anyone who saw that want to comment?

ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#3 » by ADDinChicago » Thu Oct 8, 2015 10:58 am

I just finished re-watching the game on the DVR (saw some of it at the bar I was out at, but was really watching the Cubs game). It was just a bad game for the most part from the Hawks' end. Panarin/Kane looked good. Overall, the team just looked sluggish. Maybe too much going on with the red carpet/banner raising. 4 of the 5 last Cup winners have lost their respective opener.

Lundqvist was a wall, which didn't help the Hawks. Crawford started out not looking well, but he righted that after the first period nicely. 3rd line was garbage and the first line didn't look much better.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by TNBT » Thu Oct 8, 2015 11:48 am

I know it's only been one game, but how'd we look line-wise? We were talking before the game about Coach using these lines:

Teravainen - Toews - Hossa
Panarin - Anisimov - Kane
Bickell - Shaw - Baun
Desjardin - Kruger - Garbutt

Is that how we lined up in this game?

molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,147

Post#5 » by molepharmer » Thu Oct 8, 2015 12:41 pm

About the only line that you could say looked good or very good was AP - AA - PK. Toews line good, naturally. Others kind of ho-hum.

Defense looked pretty bad.

My general take from the game was that, the player's unfamiliarity with each other (or Q's system) was noticeable. Not enough spacing on offense at times and defensemen were caught out of position.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."

Return to Chicago Blackhawks