Image Image Image Image

Traverse City Prospects tourney: Sept 16-19

Moderator: TNBT

molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,147

Traverse City Prospects tourney: Sept 16-19 

Post#1 » by molepharmer » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:41 pm

Games start today, Friday. Somebody thought the games maybe streamed at the Detroit Red Wings site.

If nothing else, you may get to have an early look at a couple of players who make the Hawks NHL roster in Schmaltz and Motte. Also Hawks most recent draft pick Debrincat and another high prospect Forsling. For those familiar with Blackhawks prospects, you'll probably recognize quite a few names.

Blackhawks roster: Image

Other stats can maybe be found at http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/scoreboard.html?leagueid=505&seasonid=16091
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,147

Re: Traverse City Prospects tourney: Sept 16-19 

Post#2 » by molepharmer » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:09 pm

Not sure anybody has been watching this but it has been entertaining. They had mostly out played the Blues in the first contest but a couple of defensive breakdowns in the 3rd led to odd man rushes and scores for the Blues. Pretty much dominated the Wings in the second contest. The usual suspects have played well for the Blackhawks. Next game is Monday and you can get a streaming link at http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/scoreboard.html?leagueid=505&seasonid=16091&next=1&date=09/19/16

Schmaltz missed the second game due to a minor injury but he showed his stuff in the first game and why you can be excited about his future. Hawks defense has been generally bad with the exception of Forsling who is overwhelming the best. Forsling has been very good, game slows down for him. Motte has shown he's a 200' player and that he has a very good shot. Debrincat has had his moments. Radke and Fortin have both seemed to play well.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: Traverse City Prospects tourney: Sept 16-19 

Post#3 » by TNBT » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:19 pm

Sorry, I just saw this thread now. I've been busy with work lately. I'm glad Schmaltz and Motte are looking good, as I definitely see them as big parts not only the season, but for the future. Same with Forsling.

Schmaltz and Motte are almost guarantees for the roster, but it's been pretty unknown about Forsling. I know he's got talent, but some thought he needed more time. If he's playing this well though, does he make the NHL roster out of camp?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Chicago Blackhawks