Image Image Image Image

NEW Blackhawks fan here... coach me up

Moderator: TNBT

_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

NEW Blackhawks fan here... coach me up 

Post#1 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:12 pm

Quite honestly, I gave up trying to be a hockey fan a long, long time ago, having found that the game is just that much more interesting when you see it in-person than when you watch it on TV.

But I'm recommitted to making this work now that the Blackhawks have taken what I consider to be the kind of stance that every other professional sports franchise bearing a nickname that attempts to honor Native Americans should have long ago emulated. And yes, I also think it's pathetic that the Redskins are no longer the Redskins. There was opportunity there to do some really positive things, but Snyder wasn't pro-active enough, and the cultural tide overwhelmed him.

So, given that it appears obvious this board isn't especially active, how bout some of you who happen on to this board direct me to some links where I can get caught up on everything a new fan needs to know about the Blackhawks. Mind you, I've read the Wikipedia page. But that's all I've got. Appreciate the guidance.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Re: NEW Blackhawks fan here... coach me up 

Post#2 » by Scott Hall » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:45 pm

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:Quite honestly, I gave up trying to be a hockey fan a long, long time ago, having found that the game is just that much more interesting when you see it in-person than when you watch it on TV.

But I'm recommitted to making this work now that the Blackhawks have taken what I consider to be the kind of stance that every other professional sports franchise bearing a nickname that attempts to honor Native Americans should have long ago emulated. And yes, I also think it's pathetic that the Redskins are no longer the Redskins. There was opportunity there to do some really positive things, but Snyder wasn't pro-active enough, and the cultural tide overwhelmed him.

So, given that it appears obvious this board isn't especially active, how bout some of you who happen on to this board direct me to some links where I can get caught up on everything a new fan needs to know about the Blackhawks. Mind you, I've read the Wikipedia page. But that's all I've got. Appreciate the guidance.

Try twitter that's where most people have migrated to talk sports now
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: NEW Blackhawks fan here... coach me up 

Post#3 » by TNBT » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:06 am

Stuart, I just PM’d you. Hopefully you’ll be on board with joining in on this board more often.

Return to Chicago Blackhawks