Image Image Image Image

Big Trade Idea

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Big Trade Idea 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:04 pm

Ok look the Hawks are playing waaaaay better than anyone thought... same points in same games as CBJ now. Toews / Shaw / Nylander / Seabrook etc not sure if any of these guys will wear a hawks sweater again. I know this may not be a popular thing but I think selling high on some of this young talent to acquire a superstar may be the way to go.

My gut tells me Matt Barzal isn’t a lifelong Islander. I also know that he and Kane are close and that Kane views him as an elite center. What if like a Dubois or Laine... he just says you know what I want out? He is just 23 and has been an elite center since day 1.

I think if the Islanders got a demand that the hawks should push all their chips in.

Matt Barzal isn’t coming cheap of course...

Chicago sends:

C Phillip Kurashev
C Dylan Strome
D Adam Boqvist
2021 1st Round
2022 2nd Round

I know that’s a lot of high end talent but Barzal paired with Dach as a 1-2 center line for 10-12 seasons is worth it.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Re: Big Trade Idea 

Post#2 » by GRADEN » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:14 pm

I think Strome is ok... he isn’t gritty or aggressive enough to be an elite point guy despite showing good skill

Kurashev shows great skill... but selling high may be the way to go

Boqvist needs a lot of work but is still a high end talent

2021 1st and 2022 second will both yield nhl talents for them as well

That’s 5 nhl talented assets for 1 ...
GRADEN
Head Coach

Re: Big Trade Idea 

Post#3 » by GRADEN » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:14 pm

Giving it a few days... it sure is a haul that looks like a ton and that’s kinda the point... the Isles would have to be blown away to trade away their only franchise player right.

Return to Chicago Blackhawks