2/26 Notes / Updated Mock 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:40 pm

Lots to get to here:

Hawks winning 5/6 games

Kane goal 399 - 3rd in scoring in the league

Subban with IMO his best EVER start in the NHL

Boqvist time off showing adjustments to game

Hawks a legit playoff contender now

Ok so wow the Hawks are playing great. A team like CBJ was clearly above us to start the season... then after 2-3 games we were kinda even and now? Oh we are past them. That’s a crazy realization for sure.

Subban played awesome. I also liked that he didn’t play the puck that much on dumps / rings. He really stayed home and that has Waite’s stamp all over it.

Boqvist back from 2 weeks off has looked like he was given a green light to activate more. I love it. Still had some mistakes that were costly especially in that 2nd/3rd.

If the draft were tomorrow the hawks are picking 20th... that’s hard to believe. Here is a quick 20 and just the current order (Coyotes forfeit pick)...

1. Senators - C Matt Beniers
2. Redwings - D Owen Power
3. Kraken - LW Dylan Guenther
4. Canucks - C Kent Johnson
5. Ducks - LW Aatu Raty
6. Predators - D Simon Edvinsson
7. Sabres - G Jesper Wallstedt
8. Rangers - D Carson Lambos
9. Sharks - D Brandt Clarke
10. Flames - C Zach L’Heureax
11. Blue Jackets - LW William Eklund
12. Stars - D Luke Hughes
13. Devils - RW Nikita Chibrikov
14. Blues - RW Simon Robertson
15. Canadians - C Cole Sillinger
16. Penguins - LW Oskar Olausson
17. Kings - D Danil Chayka
18. Avalanche - C Zach Bolduc
19. Islanders - LW Chaz Lucious
20. Blackhawks - RW Sasha Pastujov

Keep that name Pastujov in your thoughts... this is a Bowman pick all the way. 10 spots too high? Yep! Shows skill but inconsistent so far? Yep! Will be with coaches Stan knows really well? Yep!

He is going to play with the Slaggert brothers at Notre Dame next year and he can really score. I fully expect this kid to be a hawk. Everything on his bio and in his game says to me Stan is watching him closely.
GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Re: 2/26 Notes / Updated Mock 

Post#2 » by GRADEN » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:42 pm

And yea I’m aware everyone has Raty down to like 20th now but he is playing against big time players and is young and learning. He is skilled and he will be above the curve sooner than the Q numbers guys will put up
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#3 » by GRADEN » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:13 pm

Curious if 2015 draft ends up being the best ever.... it has to have 20-25 all stars on it.

Still Shaking my head on 2014 draft for Bruins who had a crazy 3 picks in a row 13-15 and took DeBrusk (decent player), Zboril (looks decent) and Senyschen (really fell off) and the next 3 picks were Matt Barzal, Kyle Connor, and Thomas Chabot.

If they took those 3 they’d have another cup and zero rebuild and likely another cup run team for next 6-8 years.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#4 » by GRADEN » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:29 pm

Have to say... I was pretty wrong on Landon Slaggert so far.... when he was taken 79th I didn’t get it at all. I thought he was 6/7th rd flyer at best.

He won a gold as a bottom 6 grinder with USA and he has 7 goals and 19pts through his 22 Notre dame games as a freshman.

It’s impressive and he is way beyond what I thought. Too early to tell on his nhl game but he certainly is playing well. Takes too many penalties and is risky with the puck but those are all due to his bull in China shop type of game.

Also of note the hawks are eyeing a Russian winger right now named Damir... he is like a 5’9 goal scorer on the LW and maybe 27 I think.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#5 » by GRADEN » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:30 pm

21. Capitals - C Matt Coronato
22. Oilers - G Sebastian Cossa
23. Wild - C Brett Harrison
24. Flyers - LW Isak Rosen
25. Hurricanes - RW Brennan Othmann
26. Jets - D Slava Lukashevich
27. Bruins - C Ryder Korczak
28. Knights - D Sean Behrens
29. Panthers - LW Fabian Lysell
30. Lightning - RW Matthew Knies
31. Leafs - LW Mackie Samoskevich

These are not from others work - I watch the film myself and track the guys
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#6 » by GRADEN » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:32 pm

This draft has a real chance at 2 1st round goalies... wallstedt for sure as he is in the Knight / Askarov class but there is the boom or bust of Cossa. He is a massive dude already like 6’6 and he can move. He for sure is already a 35-50 pick but I think someone could jump up

Return to Chicago Blackhawks