ImageImageImageImage

Do you want to see Calgary in the Playoffs?

Moderator: Mr Swagtastic

The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Do you want to see Calgary in the Playoffs? 

Post#1 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Thu Apr 5, 2007 2:03 pm

Its a yes or no question.

I know most Flames fans want to see you guys in the first so lets see what you guys think?.

Edit to fix your title and spelling mistakes
Rainmaker
Pro Prospect

Post#2 » by Rainmaker » Thu Apr 5, 2007 3:55 pm

They are one of the annoying playoff teams because the refs let them play "Calgary Hockey" (i.e. trapping, clutch and grab).

However with Bertuzzi and Calder this year, and a more reliable goaltending, they don't scare me any more than say..Nashville.

Last year they proved they can score in the playoffs, goaltending let them down. This year, they have to cup winning goalies, so It's going to be interesting.
God is a Red Sox fan
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#3 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Apr 5, 2007 4:04 pm

Rainmaker wrote:They are one of the annoying playoff teams because the refs let them play "Calgary Hockey" (i.e. trapping, clutch and grab).

However with Bertuzzi and Calder this year, and a more reliable goaltending, they don't scare me any more than say..Nashville.

Last year they proved they can score in the playoffs, goaltending let them down. This year, they have to cup winning goalies, so It's going to be interesting.

Have to agree here, I think Calgray is a great team when playing on the same page but Detroit has way too much playoff exp this year and we have been stepping it up as of late. The 2 teams I don't want to face in the 1st round are the Ducks and Flames cause they both have our number come playoff time.

Just hope Hasek stays healthy *knock on wood*
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#4 » by ajaX82 » Thu Apr 5, 2007 4:17 pm

No.

I said it earlier, ill say it again, i do not want to see Mikka Kiprsoff ever, especially in the first round.

Bring me Minnesota
The Great White Hype
Freshman

Post#5 » by The Great White Hype » Thu Apr 5, 2007 11:41 pm

The team that scares me the most is Vancouver, anyone else is fair game and as long as Hasek is healthy we should be good.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#6 » by ajaX82 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 5:45 am

The Great White Hype wrote:The team that scares me the most is Vancouver, anyone else is fair game and as long as Hasek is healthy we should be good.

Vancouver doesnt scare me terribly. Luongo is sick, but after the Sedin twins they have nothing
HDMAVS760CA
Senior
And1: 22

Post#7 » by HDMAVS760CA » Sat Apr 7, 2007 11:14 am

If the Redwings are gonna lose 2 someone in the western playoffs, i'd rather it be by either the Flames or Oilers. Nobody else. But the Flames since they can't beat anyone right now to keep Colorado from being stubborn. I don't believe in the statement its not how you start but how you finish. If you start off winning you wouldn't be in this situation now. Besides they need 2 stay away from the playoffs this year. They ain't gonna do nothing this year anyway.
The last 3 weeks did they sell their souls to :devil: or something?
The Great White Hype
Freshman

Post#8 » by The Great White Hype » Sat Apr 7, 2007 5:16 pm

ajaX82 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Vancouver doesnt scare me terribly. Luongo is sick, but after the Sedin twins they have nothing

They don't have much scoring depth but as the playoffs always show, hot goaltending will take you far. Vancouver won't score a ton of goals but if they play godd defence and Luongo get's hot then they are going to go far. I mean I didn't even think they would make the playoffs let alone win a division so I guess we'll see.

Return to Detroit Red Wings