Enforcer

Moderator: Mr Swagtastic

ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Enforcer 

Post#1 » by ajaX82 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:28 pm

I didnt really notice but we picked up Brad Ference at some point this offseason. Does he project to make the club, maybe a 7th D?

And does this finally mean we have somebody who can fight outside of, dear god, Andreas Lilja?

Ive been an adament supporter of we need a fighter, he may be it.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#2 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:37 pm

Wow when did we get Ference? He should be a monster on the blueline for us. Booters should be our enforcer whats up with that?

Bertuzzi should have been one as well but I guess the Moore thing really got to him
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by ajaX82 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:49 pm

xbl_sucks wrote:Wow when did we get Ference? He should be a monster on the blueline for us. Booters should be our enforcer whats up with that?
Bertuzzi should have been one as well but I guess the Moore thing really got to him

I had to look this up, cuz i was sondering the same. Turns out he isnt on the team anymore! He signed with The New York Islanders in July. Who knew???
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#4 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:16 am

ajaX82 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I had to look this up, cuz i was sondering the same. Turns out he isnt on the team anymore! He signed with The New York Islanders in July. Who knew???

Damn I am out of the loop with my team. Randall Gelech looks like a Kirk Maltby type of player and a good quility grinder. I like him because he's a very coachable player does what you ask and dosn't complain. Brett Engelhardt will not see any real time here because he's not really that good of a prospect nor could he be a enforcer.

I don't really think you need a enforcer in this new NHL style.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#5 » by TNBT » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:36 am

An enforcer is less of a requirement in the new NHL, but it's still handy to have one or two guys who can and will drop the gloves. That's the reason that I wanted to see Bootland get a run last season and this year, so I'm kind of dissapointed to hear that he's gone.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by ajaX82 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:07 am

Damn we picked up Aaron Downey too, which i wasnt aware of. If Ference or Downey stay we are gunna have a heavyweight
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#7 » by TNBT » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:51 am

ajaX82 wrote:Damn we picked up Aaron Downey too, which i wasnt aware of. If Ference or Downey stay we are gunna have a heavyweight

Not to mention Drake. Also Lilja would count if he wasn't worried about breaking a fingernail.

Return to Detroit Red Wings