Cleary out 6-8 weeks

Moderator: Mr Swagtastic

ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Cleary out 6-8 weeks 

Post#1 » by ajaX82 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:47 pm

Broken Jaw. Damn...he has been on fire for us, having his best season yet. this is really tooo bad.

ESPN - Detroit Red Wings forward Dan Cleary will reportedly miss six to eight weeks after breaking his jaw on Saturday, according to ESPN.com.

Cleary will need surgery on a broken jaw suffered in Saturday's 3-2 overtime loss against Toronto and will be out six to eight weeks, according to The Sports Network of Canada. He was hit in the face by the puck in the first period.

"He's been playing real well for us," teammate Nicklas Lidstrom told the Detroit Free Press. "He is one of our key players on the power play on the second unit, and I think he's been coming along real well, hanging on to the puck and making plays."

http://www.realgmhockey.com/src_wiretap ... roken_jaw/

So who gets the call up to replace and who steps up and matches his output. I would personally like to see Kopecky get more minutes, im a fan. Ellis the call up?
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#2 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:14 pm

Sucks having such a guy out like this for so long. Cleary plays with heart and isn't scared to do all the small stuff.

Wonder who is going to be called up to take his place? My thoughts are that Drake is going to be taking his spot and maybe just maybe McCarty would be called up.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#3 » by TNBT » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:50 am

I think Downey will probably take Cleary's spot on the team.
ctabaczy
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#4 » by ctabaczy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:41 pm

this is a big blow to the wings, i believe that Cleary was a very important cog to this system, i hope we fill his void with a solid trade..but we will see

Return to Detroit Red Wings