ImageImageImageImage

Red Wings Vs. Flames: 1st Rd (updated april 23rd, 12:45 am)

Moderator: Mr Swagtastic

Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#61 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:09 pm

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

funny Calgary has a better home record than Detroit. If we steal this your cooked.

Before you say it I know we have an abismal away record so I hope PLayfair tells the players its a makeshift arena in Calgary!

GOOD LUCK!

You had a total of 1 more win then us at home. Thats not a huge difference. Mikka is keeping you in this series and so is our bonehead mistakes.

If you didn't have Mikka show up this series would be done a long time ago. Franzen and Valtteri Filppula were outstanding yesterday each had like 2 or more chances to score some key goals. We just fell a bit short of that.

We should win at home on Saturday
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#62 » by moose man » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:51 pm

I really don't buy the arguement of comparing wins because it all depends on the teams in your division. Calgary had a very tough division that was really competitive until Edmonton dealt Smyth. However Calgary played most of their games against Edmonton earlier so we didn't benefit from them sucking towards the end. Detroit on the other hand had eight freebees against teams like Colombus, Chicago and St. Louis. And you can't tell me St. Louis wasn't a freebee at the start of the year.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#63 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:24 pm

moose man wrote:I really don't buy the arguement of comparing wins because it all depends on the teams in your division. Calgary had a very tough division that was really competitive until Edmonton dealt Smyth. However Calgary played most of their games against Edmonton earlier so we didn't benefit from them sucking towards the end. Detroit on the other hand had eight freebees against teams like Colombus, Chicago and St. Louis. And you can't tell me St. Louis wasn't a freebee at the start of the year.

You never know, thats the beauty of sports any team can win on any given night.

I mean how many Eastern Confrence teams were banking on playing Pittsburgh? The Blue Jackets have some serious talent they just have nobody to coach it and make their players play at their potentials.

This should be a great game I expect a very physical game between Detroit and Calgary. Whoever wins this wins the series best of luck to both teams and oh yeah "GO WINGS GO!"
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#64 » by ajaX82 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:06 pm

Huge game today. We need to come out and reasssert our dominance, which i think happens. Go Wings!!!!
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by ajaX82 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:07 pm

Great win, huge win, we needed that sooo bad.

And to the Calgary Flames, :nonono:

God, what a classless game. I am so sick of seeing Flame players take runs at Wings in games like this. McClennan should be suspended. Iginla should get the next game for Spearing, which was somehow not called.

Altogether, i am really dissapointed with Calgary. Thugs.
HDMAVS760CA
Senior
And1: 22

Post#66 » by HDMAVS760CA » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:08 pm

:noway: Dang man! Too much penalties in Game 5. I swear man, the players at Rangers/Islanders games think the Red Wings/Flames players are out of control & hate each other so much that they need anger management classes :P
HDMAVS760CA
Senior
And1: 22

Post#67 » by HDMAVS760CA » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:11 pm

ajaX82 wrote:Great win, huge win, we needed that sooo bad.

And to the Calgary Flames, :nonono:

God, what a classless game. I am so sick of seeing Flame players take runs at Wings in games like this. McClennan should be suspended. Iginla should get the next game for Spearing, which was somehow not called.

Altogether, i am really dissapointed with Calgary. Thugs.

:clap: Man I heard THAT! I like Iginla but he should be better than that. They're normally alright, but i'm starting 2 dislike em right now. They're still not in the 'F' em range though.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by moose man » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:20 pm

Its no different then the Wings running Kiprusoff every play. I'll admit the McClennan thing was not needed but for the wings to constantly run Mikka is just as bad as the rough stuff after the whistle.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#69 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:29 pm

moose man wrote:Its no different then the Wings running Kiprusoff every play. I'll admit the McClennan thing was not needed but for the wings to constantly run Mikka is just as bad as the rough stuff after the whistle.

I mean you guys were runing us back in 2003-2004. I agree that goalie running is terrible but those moves you guys made on Johan Franzen and Mathieu Schneider were just unacceptable. This series is over if Jerome is suspended.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by ajaX82 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:57 pm

xbl_sucks wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

This series is over if Jerome is suspended.

I dont think he will be. If it was McCarty or Giordano, he gets a game. Iginla will get the benefit of the doubt.

He deserves it though. A captain needs to lead by example. You dont see Lidstrom doing this crap.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by moose man » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:16 am

No I agree, this wasn't the smartest move on his behalf but when you can see your season dwindling away when you're up against better team and theres only the smallest of hope left you get frustrated and angry. Different people do different things when frustration sets in. I Don't think it was the smartest move but this series has been on edge since the start of it. I think Jamie gets suspended for a bit, Jarome I dont think deserves a suspension. It was more of a butt end than a spear.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by ajaX82 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:18 am

Iginla after the game:
"It was really about getting some fights going at that point to keep our energy up and carry some anger into the next game," Iginla said with several new stitches over his left eye. "We're not going away."

:nonono: rediculous. captain my a$$
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by moose man » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:18 am

I also want to say that the hit by Lebda(sp?) wasn't necessairy either. He had no reason to go for the knees of Langkow. He's a bigger player so why go for the lower hit?
And to the goalie running, its occurred on both sides (more so on the Wings side but maybe thats my bias showing) but they should've called it from the start and we wouldn't have seen the bumps and the crease action we are now later in the series.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#74 » by ajaX82 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:49 am

moose man wrote:I also want to say that the hit by Lebda(sp?) wasn't necessairy either. He had no reason to go for the knees of Langkow. He's a bigger player so why go for the lower hit?And to the goalie running, its occurred on both sides (more so on the Wings side but maybe thats my bias showing) but they should've called it from the start and we wouldn't have seen the bumps and the crease action we are now later in the series.

Not too nitpick but Lebda is 5'10'' 195. Hes not exactly a giant.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by moose man » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:24 pm

Langkow is only 5'9"/10" and a 175 pounds, no need to submarine him there
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by ajaX82 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:51 am

moose man wrote:Langkow is only 5'9"/10" and a 175 pounds, no need to submarine him there

Agreed, but there was also no need for Langkow to punch him the face than, something u failed to mention.

Anyways, good game so far. Judging from Homers penalty Goalies are now off-limits.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by ajaX82 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:43 am

Detroit moves on!!!!

Great game, we deserved it. Franzen gets the goal in double OT.

Thats playoff hockey baby!
Train Wreck
Bench Warmer
And1: 40

Post#78 » by Train Wreck » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:19 am

ajaX82 wrote:Detroit moves on!!!!

Great game, we deserved it. Franzen gets the goal in double OT.

Thats playoff hockey baby!

No doubt about it.. Kipper was amazing again tonight.. The MVP of this series.. It was a Very enjoyable game to watch because as nerve wracking as it was, Detroit would have won game 7 in Detroit anyways, IMO.

I don't know about you guys but I'm rooting on Dallas tomorrow night.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,735

Post#79 » by Cowology » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:11 am

I fully expected this series to go either 5 or 6 games...but I can't deny I was starting to get nervous. We absoluted barraged the net and just couldn't catch a break. It seemed inevitable we were gonna lose on some freakish goal and have to play a game 7. Big sigh of relief from me. Much respect to the Flames for the way they battled. Especially Kipper. Dude was unreal this series. I'm happy to be done with them.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by ajaX82 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:00 am

Train Wreck wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't know about you guys but I'm rooting on Dallas tomorrow night.

Yup, i dont want SJ yet. Go Stars!

Return to Detroit Red Wings