Not sure if you have seen this yet, but I liked it:

Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,560

Re: Thought you guys might like this... 

Post#2 » by Bank Shot » Sun May 24, 2009 9:47 pm

:lol:

Nice find.

It must be pretty damn scary coming across the blue line when you have to worry about Kronwall and Stuart taking your head off.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#3 » by Liqourish » Wed May 27, 2009 10:23 pm

I still think it was a clean hit. I have friends who are Wing fans who think it was dirty. But you can't judge an action by the results. I'm glad he wasn't seriously hurt, but IMO, it was still a clean play.

Nice find though. How long before those are sold as posters?
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,560

Post#4 » by Bank Shot » Thu May 28, 2009 1:30 am

Liqourish wrote:I still think it was a clean hit. I have friends who are Wing fans who think it was dirty. But you can't judge an action by the results. I'm glad he was seriously hurt, but IMO, it was still a clean play.

I thought it was clean too and almost of all my friends who aren't Wings fans thought it was clean too. The refs not calling a penalty until after seeing Havlat hurt, pretty much tells you that it was clean.
Rodya
Starter
And1: 16

Post#5 » by Rodya » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:22 am

If his feet are off the ice upon contact, is that still legal?
PistonFan4Life
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#6 » by PistonFan4Life » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:20 am

RUSSIAN LIGHTNING wrote:If his feet are off the ice upon contact, is that still legal?

Your skates are not to leave the surface of the ice to hit another player. Havlat actually lowered his head and that was the only reason he took such a nasty hit from Kronwall. I know the picture shows Kronwall off the ice but I believe he left the ice surface when he ran into Havlat, making it a clean hit. The only reason Kronwall was kicked out was because Havlat was hurt. The call should have been a 2 minute minor for interference, but oh well.

As far as I know about leaving the surface of the ice to hit a player is that you are not allowed to leave the ice surface to hit a player into the boards. Too many players were starting to leap from the ice surface and put other players heads into the boards a few years back and the rule was to put an end to the dirty play.

Return to Detroit Red Wings