Moderator: Mr Swagtastic

Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Re: NEEDS 

Post#21 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:22 pm

ajaX82 wrote:
xbl_sucks wrote:I think this team needs a goaltender for the future I would see who wants out and try to make a push for them

jimmy Howard has been pretty solid from what i have seen. Not too mention McCollum and Larssen in the minors are both young and talented. Im not sure making a move for a Goalie is a great idea

Well I was thinking that before the season started now with Lidstrom and Ralphy up there in age I think we need a d-man I wonder if we could have had Phaneuf?
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Vapnugs
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Vapnugs » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:06 pm

Big win @ Calgary on Monday night. JHow was solid in the goal, and Holmstrom scored the winner.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#23 » by TNBT » Wed Jul 7, 2010 4:44 pm

ajaX82 wrote:
xbl_sucks wrote:I think this team needs a goaltender for the future I would see who wants out and try to make a push for them

jimmy Howard has been pretty solid from what i have seen. Not too mention McCollum and Larssen in the minors are both young and talented. Im not sure making a move for a Goalie is a great idea

I agree. Jimmy Howard is an extremely talented young goalie. He has like franchise player potential. He is just starting to get himself established at the NHL level, and I think he will be our starter for the next decade, barring any injuries or whatever. We also have Osgood, who is good enough to start on other teams, as our backup. He is 37 years old though, but when he is gone we will still have McCollum and Larssen coming through the system. I'm very high on McCollum. He has a lightning glove and has quality starter potential. If he achieves that level of play, then we are going to be able to trade either he or Howard for someone who can help us in another area and then sign a free-agent backup or play Larssen as our second goalie.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#24 » by ajaX82 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:45 pm

The Next Big Thing wrote:
ajaX82 wrote:

I agree. Jimmy Howard is an extremely talented young goalie. He has like franchise player potential. He is just starting to get himself established at the NHL level, and I think he will be our starter for the next decade, barring any injuries or whatever. We also have Osgood, who is good enough to start on other teams, as our backup. He is 37 years old though, but when he is gone we will still have McCollum and Larssen coming through the system. I'm very high on McCollum. He has a lightning glove and has quality starter potential. If he achieves that level of play, then we are going to be able to trade either he or Howard for someone who can help us in another area and then sign a free-agent backup or play Larssen as our second goalie.

I just reead an article today about how the Wings hope that McCollum plays well at GR this year so he can be the backup next year. That would be perfect

And yeah Jimmy is going nowhere. Clearly we are committed to him
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#25 » by TNBT » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:15 pm

For sure mate. The team has been so high on Jimmy for years now, and we have spent so much time developing him into a quality starter, and he proved last season that the faith in him was warranted. It's safe to say that he's going to be a Wing for a long time to come.

Return to Detroit Red Wings