Quinn Fined $10,000

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Quinn Fined $10,000 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:11 pm

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/story/?id=294317&hubname=nhl-oilers

Edmonton Oilers head coach Pat Quinn's comments about Jarome Iginla's hit on Sheldon Souray on Thursday night have cost him.

The NHL announced on Friday that Quinn was fined $10,000 for inappropriate public comments.

Souray was helped off the ice early in the second period after being tripped into the boards by Iginla. Souray suffered a mild concussion on the play, while Iginla only served a tripping minor.

Here's what he said:
"I don't understand the players of today," Quinn said on Thursday. "If that had happened in the old days he would have got hit over the head with a stick right after. It was a pretty dirty play in my opinion. He poked his feet out and then piled on top of him. Somehow they never deal with that crap and they won't let the vigilante stuff happen to deal with it. It's disappointing."

I really don't see what the big deal is, he never made a direct threat to Iginla he was just saying what would of happened to him back in the day. It was a dirty play and I really think the league should get rid of that stupid instigator rule and let the players do some of their own policing out on the ice to stop stuff like this from happening.

Thoughts UTMCretin?
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."

Return to Edmonton Oilers