ImageImageImageImageImage

Bryzgalov?

Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,416

Bryzgalov? 

Post#1 » by Danny Darko » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:51 am

The Ducks put him on waivers. I think he's worth a look. It's not like we are too padded at goal right now.
spicoli76
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#2 » by spicoli76 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:29 am

OK, here's the deal though: the way the waiver system in the NHL works, there are seven teams that have waiver priority before the Kings. From first through seventh, here are the teams that have a crack at Bryzgalov before the Kings would:

Washington
Buffalo
Edmonton
Phoenix
New Jersey
Atlanta
Pittsburgh

Florida would be on there too, except they made a waiver pick up of Garth Murray earlier this season, so now they're at the back of the priority list. Of those teams listed above, I think the Caps, Oilers, Coyotes, Thrashers and MAYBE Penguins have legitimate concerns with their current goalies. Plus Ilya's contract is only 900k this season, so that makes him all the more attractive as an option.

I'm hoping that Lombardi would make a play for Bryzgalov, but I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for it to happen, either...
spicoli76
Freshman

Post#3 » by spicoli76 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:31 pm

Bryzgalov has been claimed by Phoenix and will start in goal against the Kings this afternoon...
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#4 » by Danny Darko » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:50 pm

ahhh good call
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#5 » by SashAlex » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:02 am

He's one of the best goalkeepers in the NHL, for sure !

No. 1 - Nabokov
No. 2 - Khabibulin
No. 3 - Bryzgalov
spicoli76
Freshman

Post#6 » by spicoli76 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:50 am

Sash,

All 3 of those goalies you mentioned are solid, for sure! However, I don't think any of those could be considered one of the top 5 goalies in The Game today:

1) Luongo - VAN
2) Broduer - NJ
3) Kipper - CGY
4) Osgood - DET
5) Backstrom - MIN
5a) Lunquvist - NYR
5b) DiPietro - NYI

Speaking of netminders, did anyone else notice Kings Uber-Prospect Jonathan Bernier threw a shutout against the home Czech team for Team Canada in today's World Juniors Championship? Apparently he, as well as other Kings prospect D Thomas Hickey, played an amazing game for Team Canada as they cruised to a 3-0 victory. If you do not have the NHL Center Ice TV package, and want to follow the games, you should be able to find live broadband streams at either www.tsn.ca or www.channelsurfing.net
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#7 » by Danny Darko » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:42 pm

spicoli76 wrote:Sash,

All 3 of those goalies you mentioned are solid, for sure! However, I don't think any of those could be considered one of the top 5 goalies in The Game today:

1) Luongo - VAN
2) Broduer - NJ
3) Kipper - CGY
4) Osgood - DET
5) Backstrom - MIN
5a) Lunquvist - NYR
5b) DiPietro - NYI

Speaking of netminders, did anyone else notice Kings Uber-Prospect Jonathan Bernier threw a shutout against the home Czech team for Team Canada in today's World Juniors Championship? Apparently he, as well as other Kings prospect D Thomas Hickey, played an amazing game for Team Canada as they cruised to a 3-0 victory. If you do not have the NHL Center Ice TV package, and want to follow the games, you should be able to find live broadband streams at either www.tsn.ca or www.channelsurfing.net

I agree with teh goalies, and thanks for the update on Bernier and Hickey(omg imagine what high school was like for that guy, I bet he's tough).

Now if we could win a game. or stumble on the next Crosby with our draft pick...

Return to Los Angeles Kings