Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,416

Kings Offseason Moves and thoughts 

Post#1 » by Danny Darko » Fri Jul 3, 2009 4:06 pm

Big time D signing:

Scuderi sings

Well Deans keeping Westgarth... you know he likes tough guys... so hopefully he adds some color and grit.
Westgarth Signs a 3yr deal
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Re: Kings Offseason Moves and thoughts 

Post#2 » by Danny Darko » Fri Jul 3, 2009 4:20 pm

Scuderi as a signing is an interesting thing to me.

It basically says that Dean isn't into bringing Hickey and Teubert along this year, which is fine to me only if we are intending to make a 2nd splash and get a scoring winger who can douse those pretty Kopitar passes. I hear great things about Scuderi's character and his plus minus speaks for itself, I'm curious for Colton and Thomas, but I'm really wondering if this is a good sign that Dean is confident we'll get another guy and really compete this year, or if it's a bad sign that Dean needed a name to add as he loses out on FA's and trade partners for what we really need.

I'm hoping it's just a first solid domino
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#3 » by Danny Darko » Sun Jul 5, 2009 8:23 am

Ryan Smyth to the Kings

Well there you go we get scuderi and move a defenseman:

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Los Angeles Kings acquired left wing left wing Ryan Smyth from the Colorado Avalanche on Friday night for defensemen Kyle Quincey and Tom Preissing and a fifth-round draft pick next year.

The 33-year-old Smyth had 26 goals and 33 assists in 77 games last season for the Avalanche. He has 310 goals and 350 assists in 920 regular-season games with Edmonton, the New York Islanders and Colorado.

Quincey led Kings defensemen in scoring last season with 38 points (four goals and 34 assists) in 72 games. The 23-year-old Quincey was claimed off waivers from Detroit on Oct. 13. The 30-year-old Preissing, a former Colorado College star, had three goals and four assists in 22 games for the Kings last season.

I'll miss Quincey- he was one of my favorite kings last year. Smyth should be another gritty guy and hopefully he has plenty left in the tank. I'll still think we need a sniper, but this is a start.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#4 » by Danny Darko » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:21 pm

We re-signed Jack MF Johnson

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/9821106/Kings-re-sign-free-agent-D-Johnson

LOS ANGELES (AP) - The Kings have agreed to terms on a two-year contract with restricted free agent defenseman Jack Johnson.

The team announced the deal on Friday.

Johnson had six goals, five assists and 46 penalty minutes in 41 games last season. He missed the other 41 games with a shoulder injury that kept him out until January.

Return to Los Angeles Kings