Canadiens acquire Mathieu Schneider!

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Canadiens acquire Mathieu Schneider! 

Post#1 » by sh00n » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:03 pm

The Atlanta Thrashers have traded defenceman Mathieu Schneider to his former team, the Montreal Canadiens.

In exchange, the Thrashers receive a second round draft pick in 2009 and a third round selection in 2010. In addition to Schneider, Montreal receives a conditional pick at this year's draft.

WOO! The flood gates have opened, dudes. With Tanguay coming back, we're officially over the cap, which means Gainey has officially begun dealing.

Rumored deals:
Higgins, Bouillon and fillers for Jay Bouwmeester
Plekanec, Markov, PK Subban, 1st rounder for Vincent Lecavalier & Cory Murphy.
Higgins, O'Byrne, Dandenault and 1st rounder for Olli Jokinen & Derek Morris.
Higgins & Picks for Kaberle.

COME ON GAINEY! :D
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Universe
Sixth Man
And1: 120

Re: Canadiens acquire Mathieu Schneider! 

Post#2 » by Universe » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:23 am

I don't want to give up anything that is for the future. I truely think this team isn't build right but has the parts to become a better team and that starts with Carey.

This deal is good because we might as well give it a shot considering we only give up one draft pick since we get one back as well.
sh00n
RealGM

Post#3 » by sh00n » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:29 pm

If it was Higgins + Pleks going out and bringing us in a huge piece whose still young or in his prime, I would do it. We have enough young guys that can step in and fill their spots. I wouldn't blow up all the young guys for big names, but 2-3 in order to bring in bigger pieces would be incredible.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#4 » by Snayr » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:08 pm

I don't think we're over the cap since we placed Lang on the IR. I would also agree in sending some of our young talent (However, not the brothers) for a solid piece. Like mentioned we already have a great amount of solid young guys in our system waiting to come up.

Great pick-up with Schneider.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Universe
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by Universe » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:25 pm

I don't care how much youth we have, there is no point trading it away now for a rental player. Bouwmeester is amazing and if we knew trading for him that he would resign, I'd trade any prospect not named Max Pacioretty.
sh00n
RealGM

Post#6 » by sh00n » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:57 am

I would trade Patch for Bouw. The only prospect that would really pain me to see traded is PK Subban, cause he's going to be Sheldon Souray 2.0 with defense in his prime. Scary.
Universe
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by Universe » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:53 am

I think Max Pacioretty can be better than Bouw but it's hard to tell since they play different positions. I see Max as the future of the offense while trading him for Bouw when we have his twin in Komi, it wouldn't make much sense.

Watching the game tonight, we should be sellers at the deadline and build for next year. Injuries have absolutely destroyed our season and our chances.

Return to Montreal Canadiens