Lecavalier to Montreal?

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Lecavalier to Montreal? 

Post#1 » by sh00n » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:48 pm

Rumored deals:
- Andrei Markov/Mike Komisarek, Tomas Plekanec, PK Subban and picks for Lecavalier, Jokinen, filler.
- Christopher Higgins, Tomas Plekanec, Ryan O'Byrne, Kyle Chipchura, PK Subban and picks for Lecavalier, Jokinen, fillers.

As of right now, looks like it'll probably be the first deal. Tampa Bay is looking for a 1st line defenseman, top 6 forward, prospects and picks. So basically: Markov/Komi, Pleks/Higgins, PK/Chip/O'Byrne, picks.

Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect
And1: 203

Re: Lecavalier to Montreal? 

Post#2 » by vinsanity09 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:32 am

I really doubt that they'll move Markov, we're looking for an offensive D for our PP so we would take a step back by moving him. And Komisarek, many people say that he's going to be next captain, he's one of our leaders and we saw how much he's important to our team while he was injured so just like Markov, I don't see him getting traded any time soon. So if the deal happens I think (and hope) that it will be the 2nd one
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#3 » by Snayr » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:12 am

vinsanity09 wrote:I really doubt that they'll move Markov, we're looking for an offensive D for our PP so we would take a step back by moving him. And Komisarek, many people say that he's going to be next captain, he's one of our leaders and we saw how much he's important to our team while he was injured so just like Markov, I don't see him getting traded any time soon. So if the deal happens I think (and hope) that it will be the 2nd one

Exactly. Although I am VERY against trading P.K. though... I really want to see this kid in a Habs jersey. We have TONS of talented defensive prospects, why not swing another their way?
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
sh00n
RealGM

Post#4 » by sh00n » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:10 am

I think to land Vinny PK HAS to be included. And really, if you're Gainey and a few years down the line someone asks you, "Why didn't you trade for Lecavalier?"

"I didn't wanna trade PK Subban. . ."

As much as I love the kid, I would trade him in an instant to land Lecav. I reaaaally don't want to lose Markov or Komi though. I love Pleks and Higgins too, but Markov and Komi are huge hits if we do trade them. . .
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,764

Post#5 » by spykelee » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:30 am

sh00n wrote:I think to land Vinny PK HAS to be included. And really, if you're Gainey and a few years down the line someone asks you, "Why didn't you trade for Lecavalier?"

"I didn't wanna trade PK Subban. . ."

As much as I love the kid, I would trade him in an instant to land Lecav. I reaaaally don't want to lose Markov or Komi though. I love Pleks and Higgins too, but Markov and Komi are huge hits if we do trade them. . .

+1 on that front. I also do not want to move Markov or Komisarek... PK Subban may become an impact player but he may not. I'm confident enough in our many other young talents that we can afford to lose him. More a compliment to our depth as oppose to a slam against PK. But to have to lose either of our top 2 d-men... I'd have a tough time swallowing that. Higgins and Plekanec and some picks and subban would probably be about as far as I'd for Vinny
sh00n
RealGM

Post#6 » by sh00n » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:47 am

And now it looks like Tampa will take nothing less than a deal involving Markov or a re-signed Komo, which really sucks. Not sure I like it as much anymore. If we were exploding with defensive talent I wouldn't mind, but man. . .
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#7 » by Snayr » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:20 am

We are exploding with young defensive talent, but that's a couple years away. There's no way I'm trading Markov or Komi for Lecavalier.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Blazer_2458
Bench Warmer
And1: 45

Post#8 » by Blazer_2458 » Tue Feb 3, 2009 8:04 pm

Just thought i would mention that while this deal has been talked about, there is not anything pressing at the moment. From what I have heard from LEGIT inside sources (from gmhockey.com), Gainey continues to have discussions but nothing is imminent at the moment. Also, there have been rumblings that Lecavalier is heading to another destination (according to those same sources)
sh00n
RealGM

Post#9 » by sh00n » Tue Feb 3, 2009 10:42 pm

There's also some rumors starting in Montreal involving Brad Richards. He comes a lot cheaper than Vinny does, but I still don't think I'd do the deal. Supposedly it would be Halak, D'Agostini and a 2nd for Richards and Matt Niskanen, who is a really nice prospect. I don't knowww.

Would be funny if we re-paired Vinny and Brad in Montreal though.
Musashi
Junior
And1: 1

Post#10 » by Musashi » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:47 pm

Would you guys like a deal for Lecavalier involving Andreï Markov, Carey Price and the rights to Tomas Plekanec? TB needs a top-2 D...Their prospect goalie Ramo will be playing in the KHL. And don't believe the view Smith as a long term solution...

Now I know Price has huge potential, but there are doubts that he will ever reach that potential. Markov is invaluable and it would be risky to let him go. But you have to pay to get a guy like Lecavalier...I personnaly would do it as I have faith in Halak and there are a couple of goalies available througout the NHL. Markov will be tough to replace, but again its easier to get a puck moving D than a big 1st line center...

So?
sh00n
RealGM

Post#11 » by sh00n » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:27 am

Musashi wrote:Would you guys like a deal for Lecavalier involving Andreï Markov, Carey Price and the rights to Tomas Plekanec? TB needs a top-2 D...Their prospect goalie Ramo will be playing in the KHL. And don't believe the view Smith as a long term solution...

Now I know Price has huge potential, but there are doubts that he will ever reach that potential. Markov is invaluable and it would be risky to let him go. But you have to pay to get a guy like Lecavalier...I personnaly would do it as I have faith in Halak and there are a couple of goalies available througout the NHL. Markov will be tough to replace, but again its easier to get a puck moving D than a big 1st line center...

So?

I have a hard time wanting to trade Markov alone for him, let alone include a 21 year old goalie in Carey Price.

Return to Montreal Canadiens