Moderator: Morris_Shatford

bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Habs get Gomez 

Post#1 » by bryant08 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 pm

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283329

Leaf fan here, but I'm being perfectly unbiased when I say I think this isn't a good deal for the Habs.
Musashi
Junior
And1: 1

Re: Habs get Gomez 

Post#2 » by Musashi » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:14 pm

Bob Gainey has to be fired right now. Not tomorrow, now. Gomez is an overpaid small center, plus we send a very good D prospect and help the Rangers clear cap space.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Gomez...Gainey is ruining this team.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#3 » by Snayr » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:16 pm

So UN-FREAKIN-HAPPY with this bullshiz trade. WTF are you doing Gainey?! Honestly... what an idiot.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#4 » by timd1218 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:31 pm

People in Montreal should be rioting in the streets and calling for Gaineys head. The guy just got raped.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#5 » by sh00n » Wed Jul 1, 2009 12:40 am

I like Gomez, but not for McD and Higgy. Ughhh.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#6 » by bryant08 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 2:16 am

^I hear Valentenko ain't a bad prospect either, so this does not look like a good deal. But I don't think you guys need to panic, you still have ridiculous cap space and no place to go but up. I have a feeling Gomez will do pretty well in Montreal and he did waive his NTC to go there so that's something. You need some legit wingers though. I'll admit I did have a little chuckle when I saw that not only did you take on that pretty hideous contract, but you also gave up Higgins, McDonagh and this Valentenko kid as well :)
Musashi
Junior

Post#7 » by Musashi » Wed Jul 1, 2009 3:34 am

bryant08 wrote:^I hear Valentenko ain't a bad prospect either, so this does not look like a good deal. But I don't think you guys need to panic, you still have ridiculous cap space and no place to go but up. I have a feeling Gomez will do pretty well in Montreal and he did waive his NTC to go there so that's something. You need some legit wingers though. I'll admit I did have a little chuckle when I saw that not only did you take on that pretty hideous contract, but you also gave up Higgins, McDonagh and this Valentenko kid as well :)

That is my problem. Gomez is a bad contract. Theres rumours that he has a serious attitude problem. Look at Philly: they are trying to get rid of Brière, so they will (reportedly) give up top prospect James Van Riemsdyk to the team that will acquire Brière and that horrible contract...But Gainey, instead of getting a prospect for taking back the bad contract, gave up a very solid D prospect in Ryan McDonagh PLUS Higgins and Veletenko! CRAZY!

And to think I laughed when I read that the Flyers wanted the rights to Higgins and Komisarek for Brière/JVR...Now I wished we had made that deal (if it was available)

Im not super angry, but Bob Gainey has to go if he doesn't prove this was all part of some genius plan (and I am open to the idea) This is the first time in my life that I am so critical of a GM or coach...And this is coming from a guy that wanted Smitch to stay as Raps coach...Heck I even made some arguments for Babcock (ya I know...)
Musashi
Junior

Post#8 » by Musashi » Wed Jul 1, 2009 3:44 am

bryant08 wrote:http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283329

Leaf fan here, but I'm being perfectly unbiased when I say I think this isn't a good deal for the Habs.

Hey wait a second...How can a Leafs fan be considered unbiased when it comes to the Habs? :)

I was in Montreal today, and a couple of trainers there were saying the reason Gainey made this move was because the Sedins, if they don't sign in Vancouver, will be signing in TO. I like that idea for the Leafs...Could Ponikarovsky play on the right side with the twins?

Also "Antropov" and "Habs" were mentionned in the same sentence, I guess Nic could be good to center the Tits brothers?
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect
And1: 203

Post#9 » by vinsanity09 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 6:01 am

Musashi wrote:That is my problem. Gomez is a bad contract. Theres rumours that he has a serious attitude problem. Look at Philly: they are trying to get rid of Brière, so they will (reportedly) give up top prospect James Van Riemsdyk to the team that will acquire Brière and that horrible contract...But Gainey, instead of getting a prospect for taking back the bad contract, gave up a very solid D prospect in Ryan McDonagh PLUS Higgins and Veletenko! CRAZY!

And to think I laughed when I read that the Flyers wanted the rights to Higgins and Komisarek for Brière/JVR...Now I wished we had made that deal (if it was available)

Im not super angry, but Bob Gainey has to go if he doesn't prove this was all part of some genius plan (and I am open to the idea) This is the first time in my life that I am so critical of a GM or coach...And this is coming from a guy that wanted Smitch to stay as Raps coach...Heck I even made some arguments for Babcock (ya I know...)

:o how can you make arguments for a guy that traded VC for some timbits :lol:

but yeah, at first I thought that the Gomez deal was pretty good, but man the guy has a BAD and I mean really BAD contract, and on top of that it seems that he doesn't have a good work ethic... man I really hope that Gainey is going to sign someone tomorrow
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#10 » by sh00n » Wed Jul 1, 2009 6:07 am

****, I want no part of the Sedins or Antropov. All three are going to be overpaid.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Musashi
Junior

Post#11 » by Musashi » Wed Jul 1, 2009 3:31 pm

sh00n wrote:****, I want no part of the Sedins or Antropov. All three are going to be overpaid.

The Sedins re-upped in Vancouver...30.5 millions over 5 years

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283415

So those two studs will be making less money than Gomez for the next 4 years... :nonono:

Return to Montreal Canadiens