Habs Pre-Season Thread

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Habs Pre-Season Thread 

Post#1 » by sh00n » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:33 am

You guys are slipping! Anyways, 3-2 win over the Panthers! Price with a shutout in the time he played, Gomez, Cammo and D'Agostini all scoring. We looked awesome out there. Actually super excited for this season whereas I was pretty much indifferent before.

I got tickets for tomorrow! Praying Kovalev plays. :pray:
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
sh00n
RealGM

Re: Habs Pre-Season Thread 

Post#2 » by sh00n » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:22 am

Sigh. Guess not.

Game was awesome tonight. 5-6 fights, and another W.

Halak looked like ****, Sanford looked awesome. Every time Pacioretty was on the ice, he was making something happen. If this kid doesn't take over one of the Kostitsyns or even both by the end of this year for a spot on the 2nd line, I'll eat crow.
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect
And1: 203

Post#3 » by vinsanity09 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:56 pm

good to see that our 3 big FA acquisitions scored on their 1st game. Now I can only hope that I'll be able to catch the game tonight (it sucks not having RDS)
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#4 » by Snayr » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Not slipping, just ridiculously busy :P

Halak kept us in the last game, as did Rask for the Bruins. Price looked TERRIBLE last game he played, so hopefully we has a much better performance this evening vs. the Pens.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
sh00n
RealGM

Post#5 » by sh00n » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:42 pm

To be fair, our defense was ass in the Price game, too.

I'm still not sold on Halak. To be honest, I like Sanford more.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Snayr » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:17 am

I like Halak, lol... but I'm not sold on Price as of yet. We've seen what he is capable of, but it's just been such a roller coaster ride with him I don't know if he can mentally keep it together. I hope that he can, but if we can't I have faith in Halak to carry us.

Btw, Gorges has been TERRIBLE this pre-season, and imo should lose his spot to O'Byrne. Not to mention how bad Kostitsyn has been this pre-season... argh. So frustrating to watch, he's like a little Kovy Jr. (Not a compliment).
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Snayr » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:01 am

Good win tonight vs. the Pens. Gomez and Gionta really look great together on the same line, SO MUCH chemistry between the two. In the words of the great Chuck Swirsky "Ahhh, you gotta love it!"
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Snayr » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:17 am

Before the Leafs vs Pens game:

"In Montreal, they had the big 3, when they had Robinson, Lapointe, and Savard...here in Toronto, they definitely have the big 4....(Speaking about Komisarek, Kaberle, Schenn, and Beachemin)"

Courtesy of who else? Pierre McGuire - McG himself! When will this tool learn to listen to himself and realize how completely and utterly stupid he sounds? Comparing 3 hall of famers to Komi, Kaberle, Beauchemin???! Really? Schenn, he has a chance, but he's got a long ways to go still.
KR
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#9 » by KR » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:29 pm

Snayr wrote:Before the Leafs vs Pens game:

"In Montreal, they had the big 3, when they had Robinson, Lapointe, and Savard...here in Toronto, they definitely have the big 4....(Speaking about Komisarek, Kaberle, Schenn, and Beachemin)"

Courtesy of who else? Pierre McGuire - McG himself! When will this tool learn to listen to himself and realize how completely and utterly stupid he sounds? Comparing 3 hall of famers to Komi, Kaberle, Beauchemin???! Really? Schenn, he has a chance, but he's got a long ways to go still.

McGuire is an idiot in love with the sound of his own voice. He keeps coining these catch phrases that he hopes will become part of the hockey lingo...."insulating". "active stick", "walking the line"...to name just a few. News for ya Pierre: you're the only one using them.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Snayr » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:32 am

2-1 shootout loss to the B's.

Don't look now, but it's only preseason and we're already starting to drop like flies... hopefully we don't see another injury riddled season :/
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Snayr » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:39 am

3-2 comeback win vs. the Sabres is an excellent way to close out the exhibition games schedule! Price looked a bit shaky tonight at the start but bounced back with some big time saves, so that was encouraging to see. He has to be a whole lot more consistent though for my liking.

Return to Montreal Canadiens