Jay_Hawk
Pro Prospect
And1: 144

Re: Habs 2011-2012 Regular Season 

Post#21 » by Jay_Hawk » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:53 pm

Morris_Shatford wrote:
Jay_Hawk wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:Happy as heck to see Andrei Markov back;
Markov/Kaberle may be interesting an interesting option on the PP.

While I loved the win, I am firmly on tank nation at this point.
Right now Mikhail Grigorenko, Nail Yakupov, and Filip Forsberg are reason enough to cheer for losses.

I think that both Grigorenko & Yakupov have All Star potential, and in Forsberg's case he is so young and already so gifted he may be the best guy to come out of the draft if he keeps developing at this rate.

I'm with you on the tanking part. I'd be very happy with any of those three picks- especially Nail. I highly doubt this would be the case, but I wonder if Nail being out for the rest of the OHL season will affect his draft stock...

I was really hoping we'd lose to EDM last week (could've slided us into the 2nd pick) and the win against VAN didn't help, but meh, a positive here or there doesn't hurt.

I think Yakupov is such a stud that its unlikely he goes later then 2.
The great thing with this draft is that Dumba & Murray are guys who I see going Top Five, with Dumba either one or two (Most likely two) and the Isles and Oilers both being teams that I suspect need defense man may take Dumba and Murray 2/3 if they draft above us.

The Coats (IMO) are taking Nail, lock that one up!
But if we draft 3/4 and the Oil take Dumba I am perfectly content with Grigorenko as the consolation prize.

I firmly believe that Grigorenko is the most talented player in the draft, its just an issue that Yakupov is such a worker and has so much talent whereas Grigorenko (Who was the consensus #1 walking into this season) is seen as lackadaisical, but even still I would take that chance!

Yeah, agreed- I don't see any way Nail goes anywhere but the Jackets- unless Columbus decides they wanna hang on to Nash and trade the pick for immediate dividends (highly unlikely).

And I want Grigorenko just as much as you do. It surprises me that a few mocks placed him out of the top-five (Buttons @ TSN- probably just to give Leafs' fans some ray of hope). And if he does wind up a Hab- let's hope he drops the lackadaisical tag. After the Kostitsyn's/Grabovski I'd hate to have another Russian/Belarusan fizzle out on this team...

Props to Brunoskull for the sig.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,764

Post#22 » by spykelee » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:07 pm

We need to keep the losses rolling. Some big games coming up. CBJ has first pick locked up, but 2nd is certainly within reach. Currently, us and Edmonton are tied, and I think Edmonton has been playing well lately, and is going to finish the year strong. Minnesota has a game in hand and is a point up, ditto for the Islanders except there 2 points up, If the habs can keep the tank rolling, we should be sittin pretty with the 2nd overal pick!
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,453

Post#23 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:09 pm

Lets not forget the NHL draft lottery system,
As long as we are bottom four we have a chance @ number 1
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,764

Post#24 » by spykelee » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Morris_Shatford wrote:Lets not forget the NHL draft lottery system,
As long as we are bottom four we have a chance @ number 1

Oh ya right, haha, can't believe i forgot about that... Barring a minor miracle we should be bottom 4 for sure. I'm not that familiar with the young guys this upcoming draft, but i'm assuming we should be able to get a pretty good talent if where picking inside the top 4?

Return to Montreal Canadiens