What's going on in Montreal?

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Re: What's going on in Montreal? 

Post#21 » by Snayr » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:44 am

Tell me about it... it's the Jose Theodore and the Hells Angels all over again... ugh. Well I'm just glad that none of our players are in a lot of trouble.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#22 » by timd1218 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:49 am

Well, at least we got to post pad for nothing
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by Snayr » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:52 am

Haha, I suppose so. Gotta keep up with all those new posters posting 100/day *eye rollage*. I'm going to bed, have a good one.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by Snayr » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:58 am

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/269591.html

Google Translation:

La Presse newspaper today published a dossier on embarrassing brothers Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn who have links with a suspected member of organized crime who was arrested under the police operation axis.

This alleged criminal Mangiola Pasquale, 38, was arrested on charges of drug trafficking and he served as an intermediary between various criminal groups.

During the police investigation that led to Operation Axis, the police recorded several telephone conversations Mangiola without his knowledge. Several of these conversations have taken place with the Kostitsyn brothers.

Canadian players have returned to Pittsburgh around midnight and no arrests have been made.

According to La Presse, Mangiola is a great friend of the brothers Kostitsyn.

A man of 38 years would make a number of services to both Canadian players on their outings in the bars, girls and luxury cars.

Defenseman Roman Hamrlik also has links with Mangiola. Hamrlik was seen in the company of Mangiola Kostitsyn and bars in Montreal.

Press questioned Andrei Kostitsyn on his relationship with Mangiola after the game against the Pittsburgh Penguins. The youngest of the brothers Kostitsyn confirmed Mangiola he knew, but he knew nothing about him.

Don Meehan acted as agents for the two Kostitsyn brothers and he said he did not know this individual.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#25 » by Celtics_Champs » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:19 pm

I don't mean to sound inconsiderate, or anything like that, I am glad no arrests have been made. The last thing the NHL needs is another scandal

But, THIS IS IT?

What the hell, I followed the story too, not as late as you guys, lol, but they made it seem all your top young guys, including price could be going down for Cocaine and Sexual Assault.

Terrible job by the media in my opinion.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by Snayr » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:54 pm

Yeah, welcome to the French media... terrible. I honestly can't believe this is all they have on this "scandal"... I mean no arrests were even made at all after a bunch of talk about it. I'm a little curious about how deep the 3 of them are in with the telephone convos, etc.

But yeah, blown WAY out of proportion.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#27 » by sh00n » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:05 am

Got in on this late. Wish I got in sooner to kill all your post padding. :P

Sergei, Andrei and Hammer are friends with the guy and he was shipping in liquor from Russia for them through the black market. And when they needed lady friends, he supplied it. And I believe it; cause someone I know worked at a restaurant Sergei always went to and he said he'd have 3 different girls with him a night, buying them all dinner.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by Snayr » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Sounds like they like their booze and women. I don't get why they would need to get them "supplied" seeing as how they are hockey players and should be able to pick up if they wanted to lol. Either way, it's a little messy.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#29 » by sh00n » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:40 pm

Got it cheaper, probably. Larger quantities, too. Who knows.

Kovalev's come out and told the media he's been getting fed up with the team's partying though, and it's one of the reasons why we've been playing the way we do and the reason he hasn't been really trying as much. He's frustrated with guys showing up to practice hungover and not preparing for games.

It's not surprising to know the biggest offenders to this are Price, D'Agostini, Higgins and Komisarek. They've all been extremely sloppy and a lot of people are weighing it in to the constant partying. I actually have a few pics of Price on my computer of him holding a drink with three cigs in his mouth. Disappointing.

Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app

Return to Montreal Canadiens