Wiretap: Canadiens May Be Sellers At Deadline

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Wiretap: Canadiens May Be Sellers At Deadline 

Post#1 » by Morris_Shatford » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:51 pm

The Canadiens were prepared for more personnel changes following the decision to trade left winger Michael Cammalleri to Calgary for Rene Bourque.

Montreal is currently in 12th place in the Eastern Conference and eight points out of the eighth spot.

The Canadiens have several disposable players who could help a team needing an extra piece to reach or maintain a playoff position.

Hal Gill, Travis Moen, Andrei Kostitsyn and Yannick Weber could be moved.

http://hockey.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar ... _deadline/
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,764

Re: Wiretap: Canadiens May Be Sellers At Deadline 

Post#2 » by spykelee » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:41 pm

May be sellers?? lol, like it's even in doubt. That article could probably be summarized by just saying everyone is available, nobody is untouchable.

I just really wish the re-build would wait till the off-seaosn when the likely larger scale change's take place. Let the new regime establish the direction... Then again, sometimes it's nice for 1 guy to do all the dirty work and acquire all the picks etc, and then let a new guy come in with a clean slate. Not unlike Mr. Embry did for Colangelo's arrival with the raps.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#3 » by Morris_Shatford » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:01 am

The Habs need a legit top end star;
From there you can work with Price in net, and then mold the rest of the time around those two guys.

We need to find a way to turn anything but Price and Subban into something good.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,764

Post#4 » by spykelee » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:59 pm

I agree Morris. Anything but PK and Price. And once you get that superstar player people will want to play with him. I mean, you look at a team like Columbus with Nash, people aren't lining up to go to Columbus because well... it's Columbus. But what player wouldn't want to be apart of a winning team in Montreal? Your treated like a King. Get that 1 guy, and the rest should start to fall into place.

We've already got our goaltending set, which is one of the toughest positions to fill from and we have a good young d-men. The 2 hardest positions to fill on a team we essentially have filled. Next up is the star forward and hopefully after that we can start to add some quality scoring and depth. I don't want a team of third and fourth liners anymore.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#5 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:32 pm

spykelee wrote:Get that 1 guy, and the rest should start to fall into place.

As they say on the internet QFT.

We don't have a ton of assets; but the 2012 1st and one or two of Nathan Beaulieu, Danny Kristo, Louis Leblanc, Yannick Weber, and/or Aaron Palushaj ain't a bad package for a team looking to unload its superstar.

I don't think the Habs have the depth to put up the "best" package for a guy like Rick Nash unless they gut whats left of their farm system but I would still do it.

Return to Montreal Canadiens