Moderator: Morris_Shatford

spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,764

Damphousse next habs GM? 

Post#1 » by spykelee » Wed Feb 1, 2012 8:23 pm

http://hockey.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar ... al_gm_job/

Vincent Damphousse would be a candidate to become Montreal's next general manager if they make a change, according to a source.

Damphousse is a former captain of the Canadiens.

Tampa assistant GM Julien Brisebois, Chicago assistant GM Marc Bergevin, TV analyst Pierre McGuire and former Flames GM/current TV analyst Craig Button could also be leading candidates for a GM job. [READ]

Read more: http://hockey.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar ... z1lABv5SLq

Irregardless on his actual experience on the job, I just like that there openly talking about replacing the gm...
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Re: Damphousse next habs GM? 

Post#2 » by Nolan » Thu Feb 2, 2012 5:41 pm

I love how Pierre McGuire is starting to get discussed as a potential GM/coach.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#3 » by Morris_Shatford » Thu Feb 2, 2012 8:20 pm

Réjean Houle all over again;

A French guy with a history with the franchise who has neither the experience nor intelligence to do the job he is being considered for.

The only noteworthy thing Damphousse has done in the last seven years was being charged with six counts of assaulting his spouse.

Julien Brisebois & Marc Bergevin have maybe two full seasons at the NHL level of experience in an AGM role between them both?

Why cant we spend the bucks and bring in someone with some experience?
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,764

Post#4 » by spykelee » Fri Feb 3, 2012 4:47 am

Yea Damphousse would certainly be in over his head... Not sure what avenue to go with the General Manager. Seems either way, where going to get somebody with little to no experience. Sometimes a young guy coming in can be a good thing (thinking Theo Epstein in Boston and AA in Toronto), but in a town like Montreal, with a franchise like Les Habitans, I'm not so sure.

I think where pretty likely to bring in a rookie coach, Patrick Roy as an example, I really don't think we should be having a rookie GM alongside that.

Return to Montreal Canadiens