Moderator: Morris_Shatford

spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,764

Habs fire Gauthier 

Post#1 » by spykelee » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:00 pm

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=391671

I'm so happy about that. This guy was awful. With the kind of season Montreal had, something had to happen. Wonder what regime where looking at next season. Tons of rumors about Patrick Roy going behind the bench, not sure who we'd see in the GM role. I know Pierre Mcguire was possibly rumored earlier this season.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Re: Habs fire Gauthier 

Post#2 » by Morris_Shatford » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:37 pm

Thank goodness!!!!
Walking into a draft where we have the potential to draft a game changer; and nearly 20m in cap space before we address our UFA's and RFA's I wanted a new hand guiding the team into the draft.

Even if we don't land Yakupov; the fact that many teams worse then us will likely take Murray or Dumba (who are blueliners) it means we likely get our pick of Grigorenko or Forsberg and that is likely the first step in getting good again and I don't think that would have happened had Gauthier still been around.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,764

Post#3 » by spykelee » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:58 am

Agreed. I didn't want this guy making anymore big decisions for this franchise moving forward. Not surprised to see him get canned before season's end.

Just curious to see who where gonna be looking at as his replacement. Heard some rumors the other day about Julien Brisebois, currently the Asst. GM of the Lightning... And ofcourse Sir Patrick get's mentioned, but I think he'd be more interested in coaching, if anything. Pierre McGuire's name get's bandied about... I dunno, I just hope this language thing doesn't get in the way of getting the best guy for the job. Anyways, at the end of the day, just glad Gauthier is gone. What an awful GM.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#4 » by Morris_Shatford » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Lets be clear LOL
It will be the best French speaking GM available;

I wasn't too thrilled with the options however given Damphousse or Roy I would be doing cartwheels to avoid that old school former Habs no NHL GM experience route and end up with Brisebois or Marc Bergevin instead.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!

Return to Montreal Canadiens