Huet or Halak

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35

Huet or Halak 

Post#1 » by MAS » Mon Apr 2, 2007 11:00 pm

With Huet set to return from injury right before the playoffs (i'll get a link for you as soon as I find one), who would you rather have going into the playoffs.

Huet, the guy who took you guys there last year and almost beat the eventual Stanley Cup champions or the upstart rookie who has gotten you this far?
TiMacMania
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#2 » by TiMacMania » Mon Apr 2, 2007 11:41 pm

mmm! i have to go with huet!

i don't trust Halak that much

he is good but he makes rookies mistakes and give bad rebounds

but he is great when he is on!

taking this team in the playoffs may be too much pression
V
Rookie
And1: 178

Post#3 » by V » Tue Apr 3, 2007 2:38 am

Ride Halak until a bad game. Then insert Huet. Honestly, our goalie situation looks good for the run.
Member of Raptors Nation since 1995 and Living in the Moment in 2019 #ThankYouKlo
TiMacMania
RealGM

Post#4 » by TiMacMania » Tue Apr 3, 2007 3:45 am

V wrote:Ride Halak until a bad game. Then insert Huet. Honestly, our goalie situation looks good for the run.
as long as they don't play useless aebisher
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#5 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 3, 2007 5:32 am

TiMacMania wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

as long as they don't play useless aebisher

Ugh, dont even get me started on Abby... But hey, we can't complain about that really considering we got rid of Theo who takes up 3 mil more in cap space, and has even worse numbers than Abby.

As far as the Huet and Halak goaltending situation goes... We have three games remaining on our schedule. The Bruins, The Rangers, and The Leafs. 2 out of those 3 are MUST wins. Right now with the solid play of Halak, it kind of makes you lean towards keeping Halak in nets. However... If Huet is going to be playing in the playoffs, you have to try and get him into a game before the playoffs start. So best case scenario, is that Huet is ready to go tomorrow, to see how he looks vs the Bruins. If he's not ready to go tomorrow, and Halak plays well vs the Bruins, i say we have to stick with Halak for the game vs the Rangers on Thursday, and if Halak plays well again vs the Rangers... you HAVE to play him vs the Leafs because that is THE biggest game of the year. However if Halak plays bad in any of those games, you put Huet in nets the following game.

Anyways thats how I see it right now.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#6 » by BROWN » Thu Apr 5, 2007 5:13 am

Halak . until he starts slumping.
Halak is playing good, let his confidence boost, he's a great pickup for the habs.

Let Abby rot the bench, terrible goaltender. I'd rather have Theo here then him. ugh
TiMacMania
RealGM

Post#7 » by TiMacMania » Thu Apr 5, 2007 7:30 am

yeah man

abby gives bad rebounds and makes so many mistakes

i feel unsafe with him
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Snayr » Thu Apr 5, 2007 7:36 am

TiMacMania wrote:yeah man

abby gives bad rebounds and makes so many mistakes

i feel unsafe with him

Abby will never see another minute of ice time ever again, unless Huet or Halak get injured, and he is on the bench backing someone up. Maybe he'll go in in that tyoe of situation, if the starting goalie is getting shelled or gets hurt.

But... I dont see that happening so I think we're safe.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
TiMacMania
RealGM

Post#9 » by TiMacMania » Thu Apr 5, 2007 7:38 am

i can't believe we were wondering who was better between huet and abby at the beginning of the season

rofl at that

but i'm not that HIGH on huet either!

halak is realy showing me something ! i'm not sure if he should start for the playoffs but if he can keep the good work! why not?
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Snayr » Thu Apr 5, 2007 7:44 am

If he continues his hot streak, and doesn't lose a game... There is no way you take Halak out of nets. Huet has been solid for us though, so I have nothing negative to say about him. I'm pretty confident about our goaltending situation right now :). Never had a doubt in my mind Huet was/is better than Abby.

Return to Montreal Canadiens