Canadiens Off-Season moves/signings/re-signings

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

IVSKIN
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#21 » by IVSKIN » Fri Jun 1, 2007 7:15 pm

I dont know too much about that New York guy, hopefully somebody can tell me something about him.

I am very happy that Markov got resigned. Any chance of signing Souray now? Probably not if we somehow get Briere.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#22 » by Snayr » Wed Jun 6, 2007 4:56 pm

IVSKIN wrote:I dont know too much about that New York guy, hopefully somebody can tell me something about him.

I am very happy that Markov got resigned. Any chance of signing Souray now? Probably not if we somehow get Briere.

Yeah, Markov being resigned is huge! I don't rly know if I want the Habs to resign Souray in all honesty. Yes he was a big part of our scoring last year, but he was also horrible defensively... his position. I would much rather see some of our young D-men come up and battle for that position. I'd also like to see Streit some more.

I don't personally know all that much about Ryan Russell myself, but here is his TSN profile.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
IVSKIN
Bench Warmer

Post#23 » by IVSKIN » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:33 pm

Souray was kind of weak on defence, but he was our best scorer last year, and was the reason that our powerplay was at all effective. I would like to re-sign him, if the price is right.

I want to see Komesarik (sp?) blow up this year.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by Snayr » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:37 pm

Yeah I personally like Mike Komisarek a lot. He is the physical presence that we need, and I believe he can be much better offensively. Also I think Streit can make up for the loss of Souray if we don't re-sign him. He is able to shoot that puck a little bit, and he can put the puck in the net.

But as far as Souray returning, I still can say I'd rather see him gone so we can go after, say a guy like Briere or Smyth this offseason. With Souray under contract there is no room for that to happen, but with him gone... we should have just enough room.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
ygrr
Junior

Montreal Extends Komisarek And Higgins 

Post#25 » by ygrr » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:42 pm

http://www.realgmhockey.com/src_wiretap ... d_higgins/
Always good to hear....what do you guys think?

Next goal....We need to get Vincent Lecavalier in a habs uniform...we would kill :o
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by Snayr » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:15 pm

Yup it's definitely a good thing to see Komi and Higgins extended!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by Snayr » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:16 pm

Samsonov traded to Blackhawks

Looks like we got Samsonov off of our hands. Better than having to buy him out.
IVSKIN
Bench Warmer

Post#28 » by IVSKIN » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:58 am

Again, I know nothing about those blackhawk players, but I am glad to be rid of Samsonov.

Also very excited about the Higgins and Kommi signing.

Snayr: I agree that it would be nice to have that extra cap room to sign a star forward. I doubt we can get Smyth though, I keep hearing that Calgary is the mostly likely destination for him.

Hopefully Briere though
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#29 » by sh00n » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:40 pm

Smyth would be perfect. I'd even want him overpaid to get him here.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
ygrr
Junior

Post#30 » by ygrr » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:15 pm

With Samsonov out
I expect a big time player getting a nice offer to come play in Montreal!
In gainey we trust!
anybody knows if we have a draft pick?
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Snayr » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:14 pm

I know we probably won't get Smyth, it was really just wishful thinking. But... one never knows now-a-days eh.

We do indeed have a draft pick, I assume you mean in the first round? In the first round we have two. Barring any trades, we will be picking at number 12 and number 22 (from San Jose, Craig Rivet trade)
ygrr
Junior

Post#32 » by ygrr » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:39 pm

Nice...thanks for the update snayr

Im thinking lets trade one of those draft pick for a superstar in return(with one or 2 players of course)...Montreal needs a go to guy when crunch time comes...
But I dont know for draft prospect...anybody thats worth drafting?
IVSKIN
Bench Warmer

Post#33 » by IVSKIN » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:28 am

I saw on TSN this morning that we were pursuing Patrick Marleau pretty heavily. I wonder if this chance has passed now
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Snayr » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:39 pm

I haven't heard too much about the Marleau pursuit, so I can't help ya there. What did you guys think about this years draft?! Certainly can't say we didn't stock up on d-men eh.
ygrr
Junior

Post#35 » by ygrr » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:46 pm

I wish the best to the new rookies in montreal...D is a issue for us...To be honest...Im more focus on July 1st
I expect something big...Daniel Briere maybe?:)
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by Snayr » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:43 pm

Well he just declined the latest offer given to him by the Sabres so he is technically now a free agent.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by Snayr » Sun Jul 1, 2007 11:09 pm

Scratch that Idea... Briere just signed that ludacris deal with Philly.
IVSKIN
Bench Warmer

Post#38 » by IVSKIN » Mon Jul 2, 2007 6:29 pm

That was a ridiculous contract. I am glad Montreal didn't try to better that offer.

But, they have to sign somebody, and the list is dwindling. I would have been happy with Drury, or Gomez, but both are on their way to New York. If Montreal goes through the off season without acquiring a solid center, or any solid player for that matter, I will be pissed. They need to make a move.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by Snayr » Mon Jul 2, 2007 10:17 pm

Well they havent signed a forward but it looks like they've signed a Defenseman!

Hamrlik the Newest Hab!!
ygrr
Junior

Post#40 » by ygrr » Tue Jul 3, 2007 2:01 am

I dont really have a good feel for the 2 new players
Call me crazy but I want selany

Koivu kovalev and selany....?Could be hott or not...lol

Return to Montreal Canadiens