09 Playoffs! Rnd 1 - Habs (8) vs. B's (1)

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Will the Habs move onto the 2nd rnd?

Yes
67%
No
33%
I don't care! I just want to see some Habs/Bruins playoff hockey!
No votes

Total votes: 3

sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Re: 09 Playoffs! Rnd 1 - Habs (8) vs. B's (1) 

Post#21 » by sh00n » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:49 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdmMhAvA ... r_embedded

He's backkk. I liked the original version just a bit better, but this song still gives me goosebumps.

For the english version:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=24368276

And the original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tru2P7i46o8&feature=related
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect
And1: 203

Post#22 » by vinsanity09 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:50 pm

wouldn't it be sweet if the Celtics and the Bruins lost today? GO HABS!!
sh00n
RealGM

Post#23 » by sh00n » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:59 pm

Might as well add'er here, too! I love Photoshop.

Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#24 » by Snayr » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:36 am

Freakin' Price better be sitting next game... not happy right now.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect

Post#25 » by vinsanity09 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:45 am

he could've stopped the 1st and 3rd goal, but the other ones, I can't really blame him since the Habs can't seem to stay out of the box (you can thank the refs for that)
sh00n
RealGM

Post#26 » by sh00n » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:57 am

Not Price's fault at all. Maybe if we actually tried on defense and did something else besides dump and give'r to the Bruins every time down the ice, the score would be different.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by Snayr » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:45 am

Instead of re-writing my whole spiel, I'm copying and pasting it here lol:

I was appalled by the officiating tonight, but they atleast made a smart decision at the end getting Lucic out of the game. We'll see if he gets a 1 game suspension for that... if the NHL has any balls at all, he will. Carey Price made some saves here are there, but that's what you're supposed to do as the STARTING GOALIE. You need to make those saves, and he was absolutely terrible tonight. You could just see the team deflate after every goal, because they really do lack confidence in him. If Halak isn't in nets for game 3, I am calling for Gaineys head... that's how fed up I am of him being Gaineys golden boy.

Also... what was the deal for not allowing the Habs second goal? Clearly the Habs player got crosschecked into the Bruins goalie, and then we scored! NO reason to blow the whistle at all, and the ref had clear sight of the puck! Ridiculous! I know it wouldn't have mattered, but still! Just goes to show how pathetic the officiating was tonight. Heck, even my roomie who is a Leafs fan and HATES the Habs was wondering wtf kind of call that was...

Anyways, it's headed back to Mtl where I know we'll win 1 if not both (IF Halak is in nets). Here's hoping for both, or atleast a little more competitiveness from the Habs. I could go on forever about Andrei Kostitsyn... all he is doing is floating around, no effort at all. Gah! K, I'm done ranting...
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
sh00n
RealGM

Post#28 » by sh00n » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:34 pm

I want both Kostitsyns traded. If we could somehow trade both of them with a defensive prospect instead of giving up Komo or Markov for Lecav, I'd do it in an instant. They're both useless.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,764

Post#29 » by spykelee » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:54 am

though i didn't watch this whole game (thankfully) what I did was atrocious. Terriable dump in's, infact been like that all season long, montreal just not skating, taking stupid penalties, having awful giveaways and just generally looking disinterested. I don't know why there just generally listless in this series but hopefully it'll be over after game 5... i'd say game 4 but I don't want my main man snayr to have to see a loss. But through and through this has been an awful series. Also, although i understand trying to get Georges some ice time... I'm not sure he should consistently be with our top offensive player... yea i wonder why kovy has been garbage, he's had nobody to setup or vice versa... This was just an awful series against a team we generally own and a team would should have put up a better performance against. I don't know if it was too many distractions this year or shaken confidence or a little bit of everything, this years team just didn't have it. Let's put this season to bed sooner as opposed to later
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:54 am

Gainey better be gone next year, I'm tired of Price having Golden Boy status, and Halak better be in nets for game 4. Montreal also needs a heart transplant... they have NO heart at all, pathetic.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:56 am

spykelee wrote:though i didn't watch this whole game (thankfully) what I did was atrocious. Terriable dump in's, infact been like that all season long, montreal just not skating, taking stupid penalties, having awful giveaways and just generally looking disinterested. I don't know why there just generally listless in this series but hopefully it'll be over after game 5... i'd say game 4 but I don't want my main man snayr to have to see a loss. But through and through this has been an awful series. Also, although i understand trying to get Georges some ice time... I'm not sure he should consistently be with our top offensive player... yea i wonder why kovy has been garbage, he's had nobody to setup or vice versa... This was just an awful series against a team we generally own and a team would should have put up a better performance against. I don't know if it was too many distractions this year or shaken confidence or a little bit of everything, this years team just didn't have it. Let's put this season to bed sooner as opposed to later

Much appreciated lol... but if Halak is not in nets on Thursday I may hire a hitman to take out Gainey lol...
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect

Post#32 » by vinsanity09 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:57 am

another disappointing loss, couldn't catch the game since I was in school but I was able to at least see the last 5 mins, and it was just plain ugly.
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect

Post#33 » by vinsanity09 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:57 am

and how did Price play today? were they weak goals?
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:18 am

1st = Turnover by Komisarek the numbskull... and a deflection by Kessel. Price was his lazy, non-chalent self on his lateral displacement, but I won't blame him.
2nd = Thornton shot from 15 feet short side with Price way back in his net... needs to come out and cut down the angle. Definitely should have been stopped.
3rd = Ridiculous rebounds by Price lead to Ryder wide open net scoring the game winner, and yes.. Prices fault.
sh00n
RealGM

Post#35 » by sh00n » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:04 am

It was the entire team's fault before Price's, Snayr. Had we actually put any effort into playing defense, and decided to stop playing Dump-And-Give-It-To-Boston, we would have won this game and probably this series. Not to mention we try to spring a forward for a breakaway with every pass out of our own zone.

/starts a Lecavalier chant
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:55 pm

Maybe but I'm just fed up with his nonchalant movements, and continuous opportunities at Halaks expense. I know he's going to be a GREAT goalie and the goalie of our future, but Halak is a class act AND can play pretty darn well himself. He carried our team into the postseason basically with his stretch of amazing games with Price out.

Anyways, bleh. I'll definitely check out that T-Shirt guy man, 10 bux is golden! A lot of selection, or what?
sh00n
RealGM

Post#37 » by sh00n » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:57 am

Snayr wrote:Maybe but I'm just fed up with his nonchalant movements, and continuous opportunities at Halaks expense. I know he's going to be a GREAT goalie and the goalie of our future, but Halak is a class act AND can play pretty darn well himself. He carried our team into the postseason basically with his stretch of amazing games with Price out.

Anyways, bleh. I'll definitely check out that T-Shirt guy man, 10 bux is golden! A lot of selection, or what?

The choices are Lucic is a Bitch, Laraque for the Knockout and Bruins Suck. :lol:

I bought the CA jersey too. Now I just need to blue stripe with red trim retro and I have the full collection. :D
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by Snayr » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:43 pm

Yeah my buddy and I couldn't find it lol... we walked around the whole place but we didnt know the area so whatever. I just ended up buying a Tanguay T-Shirt.

I don't want to talk about the game, but wholesale changes better happen this offseason.
sh00n
RealGM

Post#39 » by sh00n » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:28 pm

If you're an old time Habs fan, you must've thought of this right away when you saw Price do it, too.

Seeing it side-by-side is even creepier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0rMjo3sghI&feature=channel_page
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by Snayr » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:01 pm

sh00n wrote:If you're an old time Habs fan, you must've thought of this right away when you saw Price do it, too.

Seeing it side-by-side is even creepier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0rMjo3sghI&feature=channel_page

Dude... as soon as I saw that my buddy and I were both like:

"That looks just like Roy" *nervous looks* lol.

Return to Montreal Canadiens