Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Re: 2009 Off-Season Thread: Habs Edition 

Post#141 » by Snayr » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:36 pm

Pleks signed to a 1 year/2.75 mill. contract

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=285258#YourCallTop
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Musashi
Junior
And1: 1

Post#142 » by Musashi » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:16 pm

You guys know what the story on Marleau is, regarding his bad attitude? When I search, I only find that he is somewhat of a headache...No explanations why! Is it his attitude? His wildly inconsistent effort/play? I don't even know if Marleau to Habs rumours are founded, but we have been hearing about them for 3 years now...

I can't wait for Gainey's next move, I like the foundation, but we still need improvements and I would love to get rid of Hamrlik's contract to get help up front...

Wouldn't it be great if Colangelo could take over as Hab's GM? :) Just let him do negotiations and let someone like Timmins feed him the hockey knowledge...
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#143 » by Snayr » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:12 pm

Ha, I wish that could happen man! Then we'd be in excellent hands!

As for Marleau, I have no freakin' idea about him to be honest, but I would still rather get Patrick Sharp over him. Speaking about Sharp, how about those Blackhawks eh? They're under investigation yet again...
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Musashi
Junior

Post#144 » by Musashi » Sun Aug 2, 2009 2:04 pm

Snayr wrote:Ha, I wish that could happen man! Then we'd be in excellent hands!

As for Marleau, I have no freakin' idea about him to be honest, but I would still rather get Patrick Sharp over him. Speaking about Sharp, how about those Blackhawks eh? They're under investigation yet again...

Ya I loved the way Sharp was playing last season, he would be a great addition, plus I like his contract..

And Tallon was wrongly accused down in Chicago, he wasn't in charge last season...
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#145 » by Snayr » Sun Aug 2, 2009 10:01 pm

Check out this AK46 compilation on Youtube that someone made. Just watching it makes you think that there is no way Andrei should play anywhere but the right side, and that if he played all out for 82 games, he has the skill level to one day be a 50 goal scorer.

A lot of ifs... but it's possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQkGTP2uGWk
Musashi
Junior

Post#146 » by Musashi » Mon Aug 3, 2009 1:17 am

Snayr wrote:Check out this AK46 compilation on Youtube that someone made. Just watching it makes you think that there is no way Andrei should play anywhere but the right side, and that if he played all out for 82 games, he has the skill level to one day be a 50 goal scorer.

A lot of ifs... but it's possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQkGTP2uGWk

I honestly believe Andreï is our most skilled forward, even last season with Kovy here. If this guy decides he wants to be star, puts in the effort on/off the ice, watch out! He has everything, solid balance, good skates, amazing wrists, good vision...Too bad he seems to not care that much, hopefully that changes, he is still young and now has some veterans to show the way to do it...

I hope both brothers are healed and working out hard right now, they could bring so much to that 2nd unit between the two of them, Sergei has the tools also to be a good 2nd line player...

By the way, Andreï has gotten himself a bad rep as a player who hits from behind, this vid does not help at all with that perception :)
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#147 » by Snayr » Thu Aug 6, 2009 6:53 am

Musashi
Junior

Post#148 » by Musashi » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:19 pm

According to hockey30.com, Brandon Dubinsky is on the trading block...Would he be an upgrade on our 2nd line? I really like him, but that is only from what I saw when we played the Rangers. Not the biggest guy, but played physical against the Habs...What would the Ranger need that we have? I think they need help on D, but we only have bad contracts or younglins to trade...
Musashi
Junior

Post#149 » by Musashi » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:38 pm

Wow, rumours everyhwere that Gainey is looking to sign Prospal/Sykora. These guys are both declining fast, not a fan of either...
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#150 » by sh00n » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:25 pm

I'd actually like Sykora for the absolute minimum. Prospal? No.

If there's one guy Bob's gonna go after, I really hope it's Burrows from Vancouver. ****ing love that kid's game and his contract is beyond dirt cheap.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#151 » by BROWN » Sat Oct 3, 2009 7:51 am

No way, all these people from Montreal and I didn't know !
I love Camalleri ! LOVE HIM

Return to Montreal Canadiens