2009 Off-Season Thread: Habs Edition

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Musashi
Junior
And1: 1

Re: 2009 Off-Season Thread: Habs Edition 

Post#121 » by Musashi » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:42 pm

Snayr wrote:Yeah I'm not on the boat for R-Niedermeyer in Mtl either. As for the Big O, I hear ya on that... place should just be torn down, it's a deathtrap.

Also TK just signed with the 'Canes... 3 years/2.75 million.

Good for him, thats actually a very good contract! Appreciated the guy's effort while he was here...
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#122 » by Snayr » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:03 pm

Lats signed to a 1 year/803K contract. Not a bad figure, but I would have liked to have seen him inked for more like 3 years at that rate or around 1 mill./season. I have a feeling he's really going to come into his own this year and light it up.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/278499.html
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Musashi
Junior

Post#123 » by Musashi » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:44 pm

Snayr wrote:Lats signed to a 1 year/803K contract. Not a bad figure, but I would have liked to have seen him inked for more like 3 years at that rate or around 1 mill./season. I have a feeling he's really going to come into his own this year and light it up.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/278499.html

I agree 100%...There is a spot open on the top two line, he could be in for a breakthrough season scoring around 25. I am afraid of Guillaume Latendresse, from everything I have seen from him, he strikes me as the kind of guy who will have a good contract year and then ride his fat contract...But he was young, maybe he has matured and become a pro, only time will tell I guess. I was impressed by his work ethic last summer and this season while he was injured so thats positive...
Musashi
Junior

Post#124 » by Musashi » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:09 pm

From habsinsideout, what Martin Leclerc thinks of the game at the big O:

The Canadiens want to play their Nov. 28 game against the Washington Capitals at the Big O.

Leclerc writes that unlike the NHL's atmospheric outdoor Winter Classic – Flyers playing the Bruins at Fenway Park on Jan. 1 – a game in a concrete mausoleum with bad sight lines for hockey and a horrible sound system would be a simple money grab.

And that never happens here, right?

Exactly what I think, this sucks and I will not pay money to go see that game!
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#125 » by sh00n » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:11 pm

Gainey's supposedly offered Pleks for Marleau. Picking up a lot of steam too; a lot of people have been picking it up lately besides Eklund.

Engels said there's likely to be big changes to the 2nd line before the season starts, so I can definitely see this happening.

Shanahan still wants to play for us too, Gainey. Here's hoping you're paying attention.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
sh00n
RealGM

Post#126 » by sh00n » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Tanguay to Florida, as per Eklund & RDS :(
Musashi
Junior

Post#127 » by Musashi » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:14 pm

sh00n wrote:Gainey's supposedly offered Pleks for Marleau. Picking up a lot of steam too; a lot of people have been picking it up lately besides Eklund.

Engels said there's likely to be big changes to the 2nd line before the season starts, so I can definitely see this happening.

Shanahan still wants to play for us too, Gainey. Here's hoping you're paying attention.

Wow, didn't know Marleau was still on the market after his great season...I am at work now, but I believe Marleau earns 6+ mill? Are the Sharks looking at dumping salary?
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#128 » by Snayr » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:22 am

Every year we hear about "Marleau to the Habs" lol... I'll believe it when I see it.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
sh00n
RealGM

Post#129 » by sh00n » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:20 am

Snayr wrote:Every year we hear about "Marleau to the Habs" lol... I'll believe it when I see it.

Surprised Sundin to Montreal hasn't resurfaced yet. :/
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#130 » by Snayr » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:02 pm

Haha yeah, this is true...

*Starts spreading rumours of Sundin to Habs* :P
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#131 » by Snayr » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:03 pm

In all seriousness though... I have a question for you guys. If I were to start a Habs based site, and forums, etc would you be enticed by the idea, or no? Because I've been thinking about it for a while.
Musashi
Junior

Post#132 » by Musashi » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:46 pm

Snayr wrote:In all seriousness though... I have a question for you guys. If I were to start a Habs based site, and forums, etc would you be enticed by the idea, or no? Because I've been thinking about it for a while.

Here is my first time posting about hockey and it is fun, so why not? :)
sh00n
RealGM

Post#133 » by sh00n » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:59 pm

Snayr wrote:In all seriousness though... I have a question for you guys. If I were to start a Habs based site, and forums, etc would you be enticed by the idea, or no? Because I've been thinking about it for a while.

Yep. I'd even design the graphics for you if you want.
sh00n
RealGM

Post#134 » by sh00n » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:00 pm

Anddd it looks like the Marleau to Montreal rumors do have legs - and the Habs are trying to pull the Hawks into it to land Sharp too.

I'd actually love that to happen. . . we'd be so stacked on the first two lines - especially if we brought in Shanahan finally too.
Musashi
Junior

Post#135 » by Musashi » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:26 pm

sh00n wrote:Anddd it looks like the Marleau to Montreal rumors do have legs - and the Habs are trying to pull the Hawks into it to land Sharp too.

I'd actually love that to happen. . . we'd be so stacked on the first two lines - especially if we brought in Shanahan finally too.

There are definitely going to be changes, they talk about it everywhere...And from what I understand, Sharp would be going to San Jose?

Marleau has a no movement clause though, not sure he leaves northern Cali to come to Montreal... I know I wouldn't :)
sh00n
RealGM

Post#136 » by sh00n » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:16 pm

Musashi wrote:
sh00n wrote:Anddd it looks like the Marleau to Montreal rumors do have legs - and the Habs are trying to pull the Hawks into it to land Sharp too.

There are definitely going to be changes, they talk about it everywhere...And from what I understand, Sharp would be going to San Jose?

Marleau has a no movement clause though, not sure he leaves northern Cali to come to Montreal... I know I wouldn't :)

Last I heard, Gainey's trying to add something else in to land both of them and send Pleks to San Jose.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#137 » by Snayr » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:12 am

From what I've been seeing, it'll be Sharp going the other way as well... so :/ I honestly would take on Sharp, and keep him instead of trading for Marleau.

As for the feedback on the other topic, sounds good :) I'll probably start that little project sooner than later. It'll probably be online within 2-4 weeks. Also thanks for the offer with the gfx sh00n, I'll keep that in mind and will letchya know.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#138 » by Snayr » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:41 pm

Habs signed Curtis Sanford to a 1 year, two-way deal.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=285180
Musashi
Junior

Post#139 » by Musashi » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:46 pm

Snayr wrote:From what I've been seeing, it'll be Sharp going the other way as well... so :/ I honestly would take on Sharp, and keep him instead of trading for Marleau.

As for the feedback on the other topic, sounds good :) I'll probably start that little project sooner than later. It'll probably be online within 2-4 weeks. Also thanks for the offer with the gfx sh00n, I'll keep that in mind and will letchya know.

Yeah, if we can get our hands on Sharp by ourslelves, why bother with Marleau? I believe Marleau is the superior player, but Sharp is younger, cheaper and has a longer contract. I can't wait for Gainey's next move, he has to solidify that 2nd line...
sh00n
RealGM

Post#140 » by sh00n » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:53 am

My money's on Breezeby being re-signed with Gainey envisioning Martin using him as a forward/defenseman ala Mark Streit. Can't wait.

Return to Montreal Canadiens