Tanguay's only coming back if. . .

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Tanguay's only coming back if. . . 

Post#1 » by sh00n » Fri May 22, 2009 6:45 am

Bob Hartley or Patrick Roy are brought in to be a coach for the team in some capacity - most likely head coach. He's made it clear he wants to play for his old coach or a close friend in St Patrick. I love it personally, and I'd like it even more if we brought them both in (Hartley as coach, Roy filling in as head coach in a few years.)

All our other FA's seem to feel the same way - they're not resigning until we have our new coach. They don't want another Carbo.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Re: Tanguay's only coming back if. . . 

Post#2 » by Snayr » Wed May 27, 2009 6:23 pm

Yeah, I'm really hoping to get Tanguay re-signed. Heck I just paid 35 bux to get his T-Shirt for game 4 of the playoffs, he better re-sign dang it! haha.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Musashi
Junior
And1: 1

Post#3 » by Musashi » Sat Jun 6, 2009 9:28 pm

sh00n wrote:Bob Hartley or Patrick Roy are brought in to be a coach for the team in some capacity - most likely head coach. He's made it clear he wants to play for his old coach or a close friend in St Patrick. I love it personally, and I'd like it even more if we brought them both in (Hartley as coach, Roy filling in as head coach in a few years.)

All our other FA's seem to feel the same way - they're not resigning until we have our new coach. They don't want another Carbo.

That might have been true, since Martin was hired theres rumours linking Tanguay to Colorado...This guy has always been cold about playing for Montreal before last season, with the season we had, he might have had enough :)

Here is to hoping he comes back! :beer:
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#4 » by Snayr » Sun Jun 7, 2009 4:39 am

I think that Tanguay also had a good relationship with Koivu, and with Koivu not likely to return to the Habs, that hurts the chances of Tanguay re-signing even more. You never know though, he might think he let us down last season with his injuries, so he'll re-sign with us out of pity! (Dare to dream eh? haha)
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Musashi
Junior
And1: 1

Post#5 » by Musashi » Sun Jun 7, 2009 1:13 pm

Snayr wrote:I think that Tanguay also had a good relationship with Koivu, and with Koivu not likely to return to the Habs, that hurts the chances of Tanguay re-signing even more. You never know though, he might think he let us down last season with his injuries, so he'll re-sign with us out of pity! (Dare to dream eh? haha)

You think Koivu gets a low-ball offer in hopes he accepts less money to play here? Or is it worth it overpaying a bit to keep Tanguay?
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#6 » by sh00n » Tue Jun 9, 2009 12:03 am

Musashi wrote:You think Koivu gets a low-ball offer in hopes he accepts less money to play here? Or is it worth it overpaying a bit to keep Tanguay?

I wouldn't overpay to keep either, personally. I'd love to have them back, but I wouldn't overpay. If there's one player I'm overpaying this summer, it's Jay Bouwmeester.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app

Return to Montreal Canadiens