Sergei Kostitsyn sent to Hamilton

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

KR
Sophomore
And1: 0

Sergei Kostitsyn sent to Hamilton 

Post#1 » by KR » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:26 pm

I can't say I'm totally surprised, but I'm very disappointed. There aren't many guys with a legit shot at making the team that don't have to clear waivers. Sergei is one of them so I'm really hoping this has more to do with his situation than a lack of skill or attitude
You'd have a hard time convincing me he doesn't have the skill to play in the NHL. Martin already called him out during the preseason for not getting with the program. Maybe that's all it is....attitude. Carbonneau said last year that he acts like he's a 10 year vet with a sense of entitlement.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Re: Sergei Kostitsyn sent to Hamilton 

Post#2 » by Snayr » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:02 am

Yeah, to be honest though I wasn't entirely surprised when I heard the news about him being assigned to Hamilton. As you pointed out, he's able to go to Hamilton without having to clear waivers, true... however we all heard about the two matters involving Sergei (the missed bus and the practice). Sergei really needs to smarten up and work for his place in the NHL... it's not a free ride. He has a boatload of talent, but the brain the size of a freakin' pea.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Snayr » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:43 pm

Little K has refused to report to the Bulldogs and has apparently requested a trade... what a freakin' brat, just like Grabovski... pathetic. Heck he was in a great situation with the Habs, having the opportunity to play with his brother, but nooo... he had to be a freakin' punk. Good riddance, come back when you've grown up, IF you ever grow up.

We'll see if he gets traded to another team in the NHL or if he goes to the KHL... either way he's been suspended by the Habs.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=293177#YourCallTop
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#4 » by sh00n » Fri Oct 2, 2009 5:12 am

Package him with his brother for Frolov, please.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Snayr » Fri Oct 2, 2009 5:51 pm

I'd do that deal at this point as little K hasn't given us any other choice...
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Snayr » Mon Oct 5, 2009 11:45 pm

As per RDS, Sergei reports to the Hamilton Bulldogs as of Tuesday. Change of heart seeing all these injuries I guess eh?
Musashi
Junior
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Musashi » Tue Oct 6, 2009 2:49 am

Snayr wrote:As per RDS, Sergei reports to the Hamilton Bulldogs as of Tuesday. Change of heart seeing all these injuries I guess eh?

Or Meehan got through to him? Either way this is good for the Habs...Poor Guy Boucher, now he has to deal with him! Maybe he can help him out? A fit and mentally improved SK74 would be better than Dag's, Stewart and maybe even MaxPac at this point...Latendresse is playing kinda lazy too...All is forgiven very quickly in pro sports :)
Musashi
Junior

Post#8 » by Musashi » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:07 pm

Wow SK74 suspended again after leaving the Bulldogs...Why didn't Gainey see this coming? I really hope we can flip both K brothers for something decent in return...
sh00n
RealGM

Post#9 » by sh00n » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:27 am

Musashi wrote:Wow SK74 suspended again after leaving the Bulldogs...Why didn't Gainey see this coming? I really hope we can flip both K brothers for something decent in return...

Frooolovvvvv.

Then make one more move to bring in a winger to play with Gionta and Gomez, and play Cammo with Frolov and Pleks. We'll finally have 2 lines.
Musashi
Junior

Post#10 » by Musashi » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:47 pm

sh00n wrote:
Musashi wrote:Wow SK74 suspended again after leaving the Bulldogs...Why didn't Gainey see this coming? I really hope we can flip both K brothers for something decent in return...

Frooolovvvvv.

Then make one more move to bring in a winger to play with Gionta and Gomez, and play Cammo with Frolov and Pleks. We'll finally have 2 lines.

Not a big fan of that site, but I really enjoy reading mr. Eric Engels, here is his take on Frolov...And Shanahan...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eric-Eng ... n/82/23814

Very, very interesting, if that is an option, it would be great! Frolov is as enigmatic as the K brothers, but more talented in my opinion..
sh00n
RealGM

Post#11 » by sh00n » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:49 am

I've wanted Shanahan on this team for years; and he wants to be in Montreal. But for some reason Gainey's being a big ****ing prick about the Shanny situation and refuses to bring him in. Shanahan & Frolov for the Sisters would be incredible.

Return to Montreal Canadiens