2010 Trade thread - March toward the trade deadline

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

2010 Trade thread - March toward the trade deadline 

Post#1 » by Snayr » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:53 pm

Well I figured we may as well make this our official trade thread for all the deals happening up til the trade freeze on March 3rd, so... our first trade under Gauthier tonight, and it's a stupid move imo. Unless this leads up to a big blockbuster move, I am NOT happy with this.

We trade away our 2011 2nd round pick to the Panthers for... Dominic Moore... oi. That gives us like 9 centers on the roster right now lol. Not to mention giving up a career 3rd/4th liner for a 2nd round pick? Ridiculous!
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect
And1: 203

Re: 2010 Trade thread - March toward the trade deadline 

Post#2 » by vinsanity09 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:35 pm

yeah I agree, you can get some gems in the 2nd round

Rumors about Frolov coming to MTL for some scrubs like D'Agostini or Pacioretty... I don't buy it. I really don't see why LA would do that
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#3 » by sh00n » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:05 pm

We're in on Ray Whitney, not Frolov. LA didn't want to give up Frolov to land Kovalchuk, they're not giving him to us for Weber or D'Agostini. Also, if we land Whitney it better not be for much, because unless Gomez or Hammer are moved, there's no way we can re-sign him, Pleks and both keepers. It's impossible financially.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Snayr » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:42 am

There's absolutely no way we're going after Whitney at the price they're asking. Heck we're a fringe playoff team for crying out loud, why even try loading up for the playoffs? Not to mention that Whitney is a 37 y/o UFA who wants a 3 year extension.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Snayr » Thu Mar 4, 2010 2:11 am

Well, not much went on aside from Matt D'Agostini being traded to the Blues for a prospect... pretty darn boring and we didn't really address any of our needs. Garbage.

Return to Montreal Canadiens