ImageImageImage

Game 55: Wolves @ Blazers 9pm CST

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,002

Re: Game 55: Wolves @ Blazers 9pm CST 

Post#101 » by KGdaBom » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:57 pm

Calinks wrote:I'd like to get those Lakers wins, a lot of people feel like the Lakes will beat us in a playoff series, I'd like to put that notion to bed with convincing wins.

Didn't we beat them twice already? Or did we lose one?

EDIT: I went and checked the schedule. We beat them twice at home. Both our remaining games with them are on the road.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,600

Post#102 » by Worm Guts » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:04 pm

Including the Lakers feels a bit arbitrary, since they are barely above.500 and I think we still have 3 games against the Suns .
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,731

Post#103 » by winforlose » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:11 pm

Worm Guts wrote:Including the Lakers feels a bit arbitrary, since they are barely above.500 and I think we still have 3 games against the Suns .

We play the Suns on the 5th and 14th of April. Mercifully neither is a back to back (on either end.) In reality, unless the game effects seeding, I don’t expect us to use the starters that much (or at all,) on the 14th of April as that is the last game of the regular season.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,803

Post#104 » by Calinks » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:19 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Calinks wrote:I'd like to get those Lakers wins, a lot of people feel like the Lakes will beat us in a playoff series, I'd like to put that notion to bed with convincing wins.

EDIT: I went and checked the schedule. We beat them twice at home. Both our remaining games with them are on the road.

We did but I know a lot of people think they are going to amazing in the playoffs all the sudden and a lot of people think they will beat us in a series.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
cmoss84
Junior
And1: 103

Post#105 » by cmoss84 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:53 pm

A few things I was pondering after this game:

-Grant seems to be a flopper extraordinaire
-We have a few guys who could potentially hit the 50/40/90 mark
-Agree that Nix might have some potential (might be fun seeing him develop with Miller)
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,002

Post#106 » by KGdaBom » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:02 pm

Calinks wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

We did but I know a lot of people think they are going to amazing in the playoffs all the sudden and a lot of people think they will beat us in a series.

If that's the case us beating them convincingly the next two games won't put that notion to bed. According to them the Lakers will rise in the playoffs and we will choke.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves