Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,596

Re: WCSF Discussion 

Post#61 » by Note30 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:29 pm

Shaka_Zulu wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
Yeah I have a hard time watching this Denver team and thinking they will run up and down on us. I really like our chances here.

My first instinct is Wolves in 6.

Game 3 of the last series has changed me. I think we gentlemen's sweep them at worst.

Lol are you crazy? I like our odds and think this tie has gotten more even then before. But gentleman sweep the champs that have the most unguardable and indisputable best player in the league? It's almost impossible to stop Joker, don't see him and this well oiled team ever losing 4-1, not when healthy and have home court advantage.

Ahem.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions
- March 2023
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,193

Post#62 » by Colbinii » Tue May 7, 2024 3:31 pm

Note30 wrote:
Shaka_Zulu wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Game 3 of the last series has changed me. I think we gentlemen's sweep them at worst.

Lol are you crazy? I like our odds and think this tie has gotten more even then before. But gentleman sweep the champs that have the most unguardable and indisputable best player in the league? It's almost impossible to stop Joker, don't see him and this well oiled team ever losing 4-1, not when healthy and have home court advantage.

Ahem.

Shaka_Zulu was right. He said he can't see them losing 4-1. The Nuggets aren't losing 4-1, they are losing 4-0 :wink:
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,087

Post#63 » by Shaka_Zulu » Tue May 7, 2024 5:19 pm

Note30 wrote:
Shaka_Zulu wrote:
Note30 wrote:

Ahem.

https://youtu.be/edyVNlo5uW0?si=lkLwEfRP4_3yWhWw
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,025

Post#64 » by TheProdigy » Tue May 7, 2024 5:43 pm

I think game 2 was Naz best game I've seen him play. His transformation into a plus player on both ends is complete.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 6,108

Post#65 » by life_saver » Tue May 7, 2024 6:04 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:The Wolves did not lose 3 in a row in the entire regular season. If they take game 2, the odds of losing 4 out of 5 including at least 2 at home seem very low. They need to play with the urgency of an elimination game. You may not close out Denver with this win, but you put them on life support.

I want to give you a +1, but I don't believe we need to play with the urgency of an elimination game. We need to play with the urgency that every playoff game should be played at.
What are the stats on teams winning the first two on the road winning the series?

Only four teams have ever won playoff series after losing the first two games at home, and the only time it was out of the first round was Houston beating the Suns in the semis in 1994.

(The others were Houston over Dallas in 2005, Boston over Chicago in 2017, and Clippers over the Mavs in 2021.)

I would ignore the 2021 series just because it wasn't a typical home game advantage setting as the crowd capacity was limited due to covid
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,659

Post#66 » by winforlose » Tue May 7, 2024 6:49 pm

I know a gentleman’s sweep is more likely, but god help me I want our guys to make it an actual sweep. I want us done and resting while Dallas and OKC are having a slug fest. I want us having a legacy of 8-0 against two teams that people thought were legit contenders. Finally, the Suns sweep happened in Phoenix, I want Target Center to bring their brooms to game 4 and experience the sweep live. That roof will need to be reinforced, because the fans will try and blow it off!!!!!
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,596

Post#67 » by Note30 » Tue May 7, 2024 6:59 pm

winforlose wrote:I know a gentleman’s sweep is more likely, but god help me I want our guys to make it an actual sweep. I want us done and resting while Dallas and OKC are having a slug fest. I want us having a legacy of 8-0 against two teams that people thought were legit contenders. Finally, the Suns sweep happened in Phoenix, I want Target Center to bring their brooms to game 4 and experience the sweep live. That roof will need to be reinforced, because the fans will try and blow it off!!!!!

I was being nice. I expect us to bust out the brooms.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions
- March 2023
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,668

Post#68 » by TimberKat » Wed May 8, 2024 4:53 am

Colbinii wrote:
TimberKat wrote:Is it too soon to talk about next round? Yes, it is but I now hope DAL beat OKC even though I hate DAL, Kyrie, and their Guitar logo under the basket (so distracting). I think OKC maybe the most difficult match up now because they are deep, our Ant pick and roll game doesn't work well with Holmgren, SGA has been unstoppable.

I disagree for a few reasons.

1) SGA has been extremely mortal in this post-season and he doesn't actually have a 3P shot. This allows us to really suck up space with McDaniels/ANT/NAW.
2) I think OKC's bench is overrated. Giddey should be unplayable in a playoff series against us while Wallace/Wiggins/Joe are all worse than NAW/Reid/SlowMo. OKC has a regular season bench where they are NBA rotation players but not really high-end playoff rotation players like Naz/NAW/SlowMo.
3) Luka/Kyrie are much more potent than SGA/JDub as scorers AND playmakers
4) Dallas has decent size, OKC has no size

SGA just scored 29 and almost triple double in game one. With DAL if you contain Luka/Kyrie than you get a win. OKC also have Holmgren and others that can score. They are more balanced on offense and they can defend the perimeter better.
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 486

Post#69 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Wed May 8, 2024 5:04 am

I think OKC may win but it will be close. 4-3 . Dallas play not much défense so it may make a difference. OKC is a really good team they move the ball well. Tough to beat.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,476

Post#70 » by younggunsmn » Wed May 8, 2024 6:28 am

It's great to be up 2-0, but the series is far from over.
A lot can happen, refs can tilt things heavily from game to game, not just by favoring one team but by how they choose to call the game.
Denver will adjust and jack up their intensity and physicality.

We need to keep bringing the same energy and keep taking care of the ball.

Keep leveling up Wolves!
10 more wins to go!
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,476

Post#71 » by younggunsmn » Wed May 8, 2024 6:32 am

FrenchMinnyFan wrote:I think OKC may win but it will be close. 4-3 . Dallas play not much défense so it may make a difference. OKC is a really good team they move the ball well. Tough to beat.

OKC will wreck the Mavs.

They have no answer for SGA, Chet, or Jalen and they don't have the size, stretch big, or interior scoring to crack OKC's defensive shell.
Luka and Kyrie gonna get high walled right out of the playoffs.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,978

Post#72 » by KGdaBom » Wed May 8, 2024 1:30 pm

FrenchMinnyFan wrote:I think OKC may win but it will be close. 4-3 . Dallas play not much défense so it may make a difference. OKC is a really good team they move the ball well. Tough to beat.

I see it OKC 4-1, but more likely a sweep than losing 2 or more.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,193

Post#73 » by Colbinii » Wed May 8, 2024 1:31 pm

younggunsmn wrote:

OKC will wreck the Mavs.

They have no answer for SGA, Chet, or Jalen and they don't have the size, stretch big, or interior scoring to crack OKC's defensive shell.
Luka and Kyrie gonna get high walled right out of the playoffs.

Luka is also playing on a strained knee and is like 30% of his normal self.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#74 » by KGdaBom » Wed May 8, 2024 1:31 pm

RealGM Wiretap wrote:
Jamal Murray has been fined $100,000 for throwing multiple objects in the direction of a game official during live play.
Murray’s actions took place during the Nuggets’ 106-80 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves in Game 2 of their conference semifinals playoff series on May 6 at Ball Arena.Via RealGM Staff Report

Rudy Gobert got fined $100K for making a money sign at the refs. It is my understanding that Murray made that same gesture plus threw multiple items on the floor during live action. Same fine and no suspension? Something is very wrong here.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#75 » by winforlose » Wed May 8, 2024 1:51 pm

KGdaBom wrote:RealGM Wiretap wrote:
Jamal Murray has been fined $100,000 for throwing multiple objects in the direction of a game official during live play.
Murray’s actions took place during the Nuggets’ 106-80 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves in Game 2 of their conference semifinals playoff series on May 6 at Ball Arena.Via RealGM Staff Report

Rudy Gobert got fined $100K for making a money sign at the refs. It is my understanding that Murray made that same gesture plus threw multiple items on the floor during live action. Same fine and no suspension? Something is very wrong here.

Rudy had a history of past infractions and double and tripled down post game. Murray is a first time offender. That is of course BS, but that is what the league will say. Also the league told an ESPN anchor that had someone been hurt the punishment would have been more severe.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#76 » by KGdaBom » Wed May 8, 2024 1:55 pm

winforlose wrote:

Rudy had a history of past infractions and double and tripled down post game. Murray is a first time offender. That is of course BS, but that is what the league will say. Also the league told an ESPN anchor that had someone been hurt the punishment would have been more severe.[/quote]
It's the action that should be punished. Not the result. However, if they are going to penalize based on the result what are they going to do to Booker about injuring Coach Finch?
What are they going to do to Embiid for injuring Mitchell Robinson?
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,505

Post#77 » by BlacJacMac » Wed May 8, 2024 2:23 pm

100K is the max they could fine him.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#78 » by winforlose » Wed May 8, 2024 2:26 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Rudy had a history of past infractions and double and tripled down post game. Murray is a first time offender. That is of course BS, but that is what the league will say. Also the league told an ESPN anchor that had someone been hurt the punishment would have been more severe.[/quote]
It's the action that should be punished. Not the result. However, if they are going to penalize based on the result what are they going to do to Booker about injuring Coach Finch?
What are they going to do to Embiid for injuring Mitchell Robinson?

Again I don’t support these arguments, but here is what the league will say.

1. Devin Booker made a basketball play to defend Mike Conley. He received a foul which was the correct punishment for the infraction.

2. Joel Embiid committed a flagrant foul penalty 1. The referee had discretion to upgrade to a flagrant foul penalty 2 and decided it was not appropriate. Having received the flagrant foul penalty 1, the appropriate punishment was used for the infraction.

3. Suspension is never a desirable punishment, especially during the playoffs. While the action was “regrettable,” it did not result in serious consequences for any party involved. Had serious consequences resulted obviously the penalty would escalate and the fear of an escalated penalty is a sufficient deterrent. This is not a precedent that people will repeat because of the inherent risk of the action and the unpredictable nature of the consequences.

Now I think they should suspend his ***, but the league doesn’t want the smoke of having suspended Denver’s second star in a playoff series where they are down 0-2 and on the road. Also, Murray has been so bad and distracting to the Nuggets that we might better off with him playing.
KATKlownFeet
Freshman
And1: 40

Post#79 » by KATKlownFeet » Mon May 13, 2024 2:59 am

Spoiler:
Colbinii wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Shaka_Zulu wrote:

Ahem.

Shaka_Zulu was right. He said he can't see them losing 4-1. The Nuggets aren't losing 4-1, they are losing 4-0 :wink:

Why do the Wolves have to have such dumb fans. :banghead:

Don't do this.
KATKlownFeet
Freshman
And1: 40

Post#80 » by KATKlownFeet » Mon May 13, 2024 3:02 am

Spoiler:
Note30 wrote:
winforlose wrote:I know a gentleman’s sweep is more likely, but god help me I want our guys to make it an actual sweep. I want us done and resting while Dallas and OKC are having a slug fest. I want us having a legacy of 8-0 against two teams that people thought were legit contenders. Finally, the Suns sweep happened in Phoenix, I want Target Center to bring their brooms to game 4 and experience the sweep live. That roof will need to be reinforced, because the fans will try and blow it off!!!!!

I was being nice. I expect us to bust out the brooms.

I hope you stick a broom up your.... :banghead:

Don't do this.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves