Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,731

Re: Game 49: Minnesota vs. Orlando 

Post#101 » by winforlose » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:40 am

KGdaBom wrote:
FrenchMinnyFan wrote:
_AIJ_ wrote:Conley has been absolute trash the last few games. We need to have a conversation about him

He didn't shoot well at all tonight. But 9 Assists/1TO when the rest of the team TO the ball moreTO (15/17) than giving asssist hurt also a lot. This game just show why we are not a contender. We are a good team, not a top team.

We're a contender. Everybody loses games sometimes.

The way we win is moving the ball, the way we lose is Ant on ball.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,252

Post#102 » by _AIJ_ » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:40 am

Thank you for constantly ruining my night
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,088

Post#103 » by MN7725 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:40 am

Calinks wrote:I'm really tired of them never giving Towns any looks, especially from three in these massive stretches where we can't get offense. I don't know how the hell they just let him be taken out of games like that. Imagine Embiid, Jokic, Sabonis, etc. getting froze out to close a bunch of games. It's ridiculous.

its crazy that its been KAT's whole career essentially, like 5 different coaches
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,031

Post#104 » by moss_is_1 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:42 am

I'd say Towns was non-existent in the 4th, but he was plenty visible with all his turnovers.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,090

Post#105 » by shangrila » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:49 am

Calinks wrote:Sad that these guys would let the coaching staff down like this.

I mean this is what, the fourth 4th quarter collapse we've had in the last 5 games?

At some point there needs to be serious questions asked about this coaching staff.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,801

Post#106 » by Calinks » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:49 am

A future must for this team if Towns is here long term is they have to find a way to get Towns and Edwards playing off each other better. They don't really compliment each other at all. Towns had more chemistry with Wiggins and Lavine. They should be giving defenses fits with their offensive skills. It's like one night Ant goes off or KAT goes off but they never fuel each other.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
MN7725
Veteran

Post#107 » by MN7725 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:50 am

moss_is_1 wrote:I'd say Towns was non-existent in the 4th, but he was plenty visible with all his turnovers.

KAT beginning the 4th was horrific, big reason Orl took the lead
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,031

Post#108 » by moss_is_1 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:51 am

Calinks wrote:A future must for this team if Towns is here long term is they have to find a way to get Towns and Edwards playing off each other better. They don't really compliment each other at all. Towns had more chemistry with Wiggins and Lavine. They should be giving defenses fits with their offensive skills. It's like one night Ant goes off or KAT goes off but they never fuel each other.

Edwards will need to take the next step as a playmaker to really take advantage of Towns shooting.
MN7725
Veteran

Post#109 » by MN7725 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:52 am

Calinks wrote:A future must for this team if Towns is here long term is they have to find a way to get Towns and Edwards playing off each other better. They don't really compliment each other at all. Towns had more chemistry with Wiggins and Lavine. They should be giving defenses fits with their offensive skills. It's like one night Ant goes off or KAT goes off but they never fuel each other.

I was listening to Zach Lowe's recent podcast, he was talking Wolves with Tim Legler, and they both commented on how horrible the body language was during KAT's 62pt game, even when the Wolves were still leading

hard to read into it, since they were watching it on TV, wasn't insider info or anything

but it was something I filed away
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,641

Post#110 » by Domejandro » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:54 am

Nick K wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
Calinks wrote:Sad that these guys would let the coaching staff down like this.

Coaching staff did this to themselves, tonight. I called that Anthony Edwards needed to be benched for a few minutes around the eight minute mark. He absolutely kills all offensive flow in fourth quarters, but the coaching staff enables him to do it. Been calling it out all season.

You have a point but still he's supposed to be our best go-to player. I agree with you overall. It's a tough call for Finch. Still a one minute benching should get the point across.

They ruined a great game from Rudy. What a shame.

Doesn’t have to be a benching to get the point across sort of thing. At seven minutes, it was very obvious that he was killing Minnesota’s offensive flow. When that happens, take him out as a breather and then put him back in with a few minutes left in Minnesota needs the offense.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,001

Post#111 » by KGdaBom » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:54 am

winforlose wrote:
Nick K wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Coaching staff did this to themselves, tonight. I called that Anthony Edwards needed to be benched for a few minutes around the eight minute mark. He absolutely kills all offensive flow in fourth quarters, but the coaching staff enables him to do it. Been calling it out all season.

You have a point but still he's supposed to be our best go-to player. I agree with you overall. It's a tough call for Finch. Still a one minute benching should get the point across.

They ruined a great game from Rudy. What a shame.

One minute? Are you kidding? He should have been benched for the night with his hero ball BS. This isn’t new. We have seen this movie before, and I promise you it never ends well.

Based on what you're saying Kobe should have been benched his entire career.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,252

Post#112 » by _AIJ_ » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:55 am

Tim Connelly needs a lot of thinking to do
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,801

Post#113 » by Calinks » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:07 am

We get our offense going, get to a point where we are like a number 8-6 offense we will be cooking teams. It's essential, I just don't know if we will get there this season. Maybe a great trade will help. We probably win 2-5 more games right now if we just had a potent offense that didn't meltdown.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,641

Post#114 » by Domejandro » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:14 am

Read on Twitter
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,731

Post#115 » by winforlose » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:17 am

Domejandro wrote:
Read on Twitter

He forgot Ant comes back into the game after the timeout. Ant takes an off balance turn around 3 with 9 seconds left, Ant misses Rudy for a wide open dunk. It wasn’t all on Ant, but if Ant had stayed out of the game after his injury I think we win.
MN7725
Veteran

Post#116 » by MN7725 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:18 am

Domejandro wrote:
Read on Twitter

there is a scenario where ANT making All-star could be pretty big negative for his development

made the AS team, $200 mil contract playing the way he does, probably doesn't think he needs to change
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,090

Post#117 » by shangrila » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:59 am

MN7725 wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
Read on Twitter

there is a scenario where ANT making All-star could be pretty big negative for his development

made the AS team, $200 mil contract playing the way he does, probably doesn't think he needs to change

Nah, he'll be fine.

People seem to forget he's still maturing. Dumb decisions, while annoying, should be expected.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 2,005

Post#118 » by thinktank » Sat Feb 3, 2024 6:35 am

Domejandro wrote:
Read on Twitter

KAT was telling Finch about those four possessions into the timeout that followed. He had his fingers up and he was counting to four, so…
“Tatum is garbage.” “Tatum is literally dogcrap.” -The Corey’s
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,238

Post#119 » by Neeva » Sat Feb 3, 2024 7:16 am

_AIJ_ wrote:Tim Connelly needs a lot of thinking to do

Tbh he needs to realize Finch is not gonna get this team to win in the post season. Finch is too stubborn lets his players do whatever they want with no repercussions , can’t reel them in and stop hero ball etc. fails to use the right lineups to close games or make adjustments. Finch is probably a great assistant but not a great head coach.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,238

Post#120 » by Neeva » Sat Feb 3, 2024 7:18 am

shangrila wrote:
MN7725 wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nah, he'll be fine.

People seem to forget he's still maturing. Dumb decisions, while annoying, should be expected.

True but I worry that Finch is not the coach that will get through to him to stop dumb hero ball and mistakes in the clutch. Finch lets his players do whatever.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves