ImageImageImage

RUMOR - Timberwolves Coaching Search

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Re: RUMOR - Timberwolves Coaching Search 

Post#161 » by Tirion » Sun Aug 2, 2009 3:12 am

klomp44 wrote:So if Jackson ends up being the guy, who'll be on his staff? Some possibilities:

-Patrick Ewing: Former teammate, would help mentor Al Jefferson. (IMO a perfect fit as assistant)

What? Big Al's post game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ewing's post game. Jefferson should mentor Ewing, not vice versa. Look at the progress Howard has made under Patrick's tutelage after three years. He developed a running hook, which he misses more often than not. Yay!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,605

Post#162 » by Klomp » Sun Aug 2, 2009 4:06 am

Tirion wrote:
klomp44 wrote:So if Jackson ends up being the guy, who'll be on his staff? Some possibilities:

-Patrick Ewing: Former teammate, would help mentor Al Jefferson. (IMO a perfect fit as assistant)

What? Big Al's post game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ewing's post game. Jefferson should mentor Ewing, not vice versa. Look at the progress Howard has made under Patrick's tutelage after three years. He developed a running hook, which he misses more often than not. Yay!

No one said anything about anyone's post game. I was talking about on the defensive side of the ball.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#163 » by big3_8_19_21 » Mon Aug 3, 2009 3:38 am

The word in NBA circles is that Los Angeles Lakers assistant coach Kurt Rambis will be the next Timberwolves coach and Mychal Thompson, the former Gophers star and Lakers teammate of Rambis' who now is a radio broadcaster for the Lakers, has made a strong recommendation. "I talked to David [Kahn] personally and told him you have to go after a guy like Rambis who knows what it takes to win in this league," Thompson said. Minneapolis Star-Tribune

hoopshype snippet...link.

It's Sid reporting.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
zauchary
Junior
And1: 28

Post#164 » by zauchary » Mon Aug 3, 2009 4:03 am

i believe Rambis would not be a good fit here. the triangle offense is an offense of quick decision making. it just doesn't make sense with guys like Al and Flynn, who like to break their man down and diagnose each move like a surgeon. I think we're making a mistake if Turner is not hired, being an understudy of Adleman, one of the great baskeball minds out there. he's also known for his defensive schemes.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#165 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Aug 3, 2009 4:06 am

do we know that Rambis would employ the triangle offense?
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,276

Post#166 » by GopherIt! » Mon Aug 3, 2009 6:15 am

I don't know 4ho, it looks to me like he prefers rectangles over triangles.

tvwolves7
Junior
And1: 1

Post#167 » by tvwolves7 » Thu Aug 6, 2009 3:13 am

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves