Updates on former Wolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,003

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#21 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 6, 2017 3:08 pm

Basti wrote:
ace625214 wrote:Pek already making some lucrative (even if a bit shady) business decisions. Anyone want to take bets on how many years until a story comes out about him being heavily involved in the Montenegrin criminal underground?

I'd rather bet some money on Pek breaking skulls to climb onto the top of the underground, if he were to go that way.

Kind of funny, but if serious not so funny.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#22 » by LordBaldric » Fri Oct 6, 2017 5:05 pm

ace625214 wrote:Pek already making some lucrative (even if a bit shady) business decisions. Anyone want to take bets on how many years until a story comes out about him being heavily involved in the Montenegrin criminal underground?

Involved? I'd be disappointed if Pek wasn't the kingpin of the whole organization!
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,090

Post#23 » by shangrila » Fri Oct 6, 2017 11:09 pm

I get the feeling this will end up being another Rubio thread, with equal bumps for poor shooting nights and high assist games.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,377

Post#24 » by Klomp » Fri Oct 6, 2017 11:19 pm

shangrila wrote:I get the feeling this will end up being another Rubio thread, with equal bumps for poor shooting nights and high assist games.

Well he is a former player, so that's well within staying on topic.

But it won't be limited to just Ricky.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#25 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 6, 2017 11:34 pm

shangrila wrote:I get the feeling this will end up being another Rubio thread, with equal bumps for poor shooting nights and high assist games.

It will probably go both ways with Rubio, however I'm certainly going to be very closely watching Zach LaVine and Kevin Love and just barely paying attention to Dunn. I will also follow Markannen and Dennis Smith Jr as players we could have had if not for the Butler deal.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#26 » by PharmD » Sat Oct 7, 2017 1:40 am

I'll be watching every Rubio game.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,101

Post#27 » by Nick K » Sat Oct 7, 2017 2:38 pm

ALICEinJAM wrote:I miss Zach and K.Love.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using RealGM mobile app

Throw in Wally with Zach and Love and you have my 3 favorite Wolves players of all time. KAT is right there too.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,600

Post#28 » by Worm Guts » Sat Oct 7, 2017 4:26 pm

Nick K wrote:
ALICEinJAM wrote:I miss Zach and K.Love.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using RealGM mobile app

Throw in Wally with Zach and Love and you have my 3 favorite Wolves players of all time. KAT is right there too.

I can't approve of an all time favorite Twolves list that doesn't include KG
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,803

Post#29 » by Calinks » Sat Oct 7, 2017 4:56 pm

Dunn is hurt, he didn't look great in his first pre-season game. I really wish Zach was playing.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,895

Post#30 » by LibertyPrime » Sat Oct 7, 2017 5:55 pm

Calinks wrote:Dunn is hurt, he didn't look great in his first pre-season game. I really wish Zach was playing.

Me too. I hope he just blows the Bulls away away so they offer him the max.

It's a weird feeling, to be rooting for another team's player that strongly. :-?
"The last domino falls here!"
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Re: Mayo Clinic Updates on former Wolves 

Post#31 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Oct 7, 2017 8:14 pm

Kris Dunn: Left finger dislocation

Mouflon Payne: Fractured fourth metacarpal in his left hand.

The Vine: Rehabing from surgery on his left ACL.

Peko: Processing Obamacare's disability pension.

KG: Healthy as a blossoming rose.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,803

Re: Mayo Clinic Updates on former Wolves 

Post#32 » by Calinks » Sun Oct 8, 2017 2:21 am

El Hespiritu wrote:Kris Dunn: Left finger dislocation

Mouflon Payne: Fractured fourth metacarpal in his left hand.

The Vine: Rehabing from surgery on his left ACL.

Peko: Processing Obamacare's disability pension.

KG: Healty as a blossoming rose.

When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#33 » by packforfreedom » Sun Oct 8, 2017 7:59 am

I totally forgot about the Arnie Kander hype.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#34 » by GimmeDat » Sun Oct 8, 2017 10:08 am

Dunn was terrible his first few games, like 'out of the league bust' level bad, but he looked a lot better in that Bucks game.

He's talked about how he was unhappy playing SG for you guys and how he feels he's going to do a lot better with a) more time and b) a return to PG. (from the looks of his rookie season, he was lucky he got as much burn as he got over Tyus).

Bulls fans are really keeping their fingers crossed he can turn things around. His passing instincts actually looked pretty good in every game imo, he looks like he has potential as the PnR handler, but what's glaringly obvious is his inability to create separation from his defender. As a result, he's not aggressive attacking the ring. I'd been yelling at my screen for him to actually attack and use his athleticism, and he's only really done it on two plays (vs Bucks).

Sounds like he'll be out 2-4 weeks with that finger, unfortunately.

As for LaVine, sounds like the plan is a December return sometime. He certainly looks like he's bulked up, maybe that will help him get to the line more. I'm just hoping he comes back looking like his old self and we'll go from there.

For those interested in Markkanen, he's expected to play for the first time today.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#35 » by PharmD » Sun Oct 8, 2017 10:10 am

GimmeDat wrote:Dunn was terrible his first few games, like 'out of the league bust' level bad, but he looked a lot better in that Bucks game.

He's talked about how he was unhappy playing SG for you guys and how he feels he's going to do a lot better with a) more time and b) a return to PG. (from the looks of his rookie season, he was lucky he got as much burn as he got over Tyus).

Bulls fans are really keeping their fingers crossed he can turn things around. His passing instincts actually looked pretty good in every game imo, he looks like he has potential as the PnR handler, but what's glaringly obvious is his inability to create separation from his defender. As a result, he's not aggressive attacking the ring. I'd been yelling at my screen for him to actually attack and use his athleticism, and he's only really done it on two plays (vs Bucks).

As for LaVine, sounds like the plan is a December return sometime. He certainly looks like he's bulked up, maybe that will help him get to the line more. I'm just hoping he comes back looking like his old self and we'll go from there.

For those interested in Markkanen, he's expected to play for the first time today.

Yeah, you appear to have a great read on him as an offensive player, the bolded is precisely correct imo.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#36 » by KGdaBom » Sun Oct 8, 2017 2:50 pm

GimmeDat wrote:Dunn was terrible his first few games, like 'out of the league bust' level bad, but he looked a lot better in that Bucks game.

Word is if the Wolves had kept the pick they too would have taken Markkanen. I like Mark, but don't get teams that could use a PG taking him over Dennis Smith Jr.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#37 » by GimmeDat » Sun Oct 8, 2017 10:59 pm

PharmD wrote:Yeah, you appear to have a great read on him as an offensive player, the bolded is precisely correct imo.

Thanks, yeah I just want to see him explode to the hoop! Hopefully his confidence increases as the year goes on.

KGdaBom wrote:Word is if the Wolves had kept the pick they too would have taken Markkanen. I like Mark, but don't get teams that could use a PG taking him over Dennis Smith Jr.

I was livid with the pick when we made it, because DSJ was on the board. Suggested to me that the Bulls had some delusional hopes for Dunn as well.

I'm happier with it now after his play for Finland but he's going to have to play just like that in the NBA for it to not be a mistake. DSJ is the real deal.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#38 » by KGdaBom » Mon Oct 9, 2017 2:01 am

GimmeDat wrote:
PharmD wrote:Yeah, you appear to have a great read on him as an offensive player, the bolded is precisely correct imo.

Thanks, yeah I just want to see him explode to the hoop! Hopefully his confidence increases as the year goes on.

KGdaBom wrote:Word is if the Wolves had kept the pick they too would have taken Markkanen. I like Mark, but don't get teams that could use a PG taking him over Dennis Smith Jr.

I was livid with the pick when we made it, because DSJ was on the board. Suggested to me that the Bulls had some delusional hopes for Dunn as well.

I'm happier with it now after his play for Finland but he's going to have to play just like that in the NBA for it to not be a mistake. DSJ is the real deal.

Exactly how I see it.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#39 » by southern wolf » Mon Oct 9, 2017 9:02 am

Brian Cardinal moved from his couch to his fridge back to his couch again.
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#40 » by ace625214 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 6:50 pm

My comments about Pek weren't in jest. There have been quite a few pictures and reports about him hanging out and doing business with well-known criminals. Add in him getting a property worth almost 70million Euros for 1/8 of market value and it doesn't seem like the trend will stop. I see him making a lot of money in his post-basketball career.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves