Post#281 » by _AIJ_ » Mon May 13, 2024 10:46 am

Kyle Anderson. That is all.
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
FrenchMinnyFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 524

Re: Wolves vs Nuggets 5/12/24 7PM Wolves lead 2-1 

Post#282 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Mon May 13, 2024 10:50 am

Whatever the outcome, this will be a great season for the Wolves. Players learn a lot and improve a lot. FO probably learn also and find some way to improve the team.
the duo KAT-ANT is not the best for ANT definitely. Maybe time to move on from KAT.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,029

Post#283 » by Dewey » Mon May 13, 2024 12:35 pm

Kat <> Durant

Wolves need to play desperate grit defense next game - if they do they win the series … cannot bank on Edwards to bail themselves out.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Guest84
Pro Prospect
And1: 501

Post#284 » by Guest84 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:29 pm

Couple things...

I know Jokic was killing Naz, but Naz was 5-6 fga, but played just under 19 min. Why didn't he get any run when we had a power outage on offense?

Secondly, I didn't realize it until reading an article and it prob shouldn't be an excuse but players are humans...It was Mother's day. Do you think Karl's head was in the game like it should've been? Looks like he mentioned it post game.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,548

Post#285 » by BlacJacMac » Mon May 13, 2024 2:16 pm

Nick K wrote:
Shem wrote:Blazer fan chiming in again. Just remember, the Wolves are my playoff team this year before I say anything. Now that we got that out of the way.

I really think overall in the first two games of the series, the Wolves didn't have any pressure and expectations on them for stealing those two games in Denver. They did it and all of a sudden they're mega favorites to beat the Nuggets. This is where the inexperience comes in. The young OKC Thunder as the #1 seed in the West is dealing with that too.

Are you guys are real? Yes, you are despite the disappointment of the last two games. I still stand by that statement. This is a good learning experience no matter how this series turns out with Denver. Anthony Edwards is going be debated as the best player in the NBA very soon. He's only 22 and he's a winner.

The future is still bright in Minnesota despite the recent disappointment. Besides, you can't expect Aaron Gordon to continue to shoot 11-12 from the field, right?

What great pithy comments those are. It's down to a best of 3 series now. I like us next game.

Didn't you also like us in games 3 and 4?
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,757

Post#286 » by TimberKat » Mon May 13, 2024 2:18 pm

Guest84 wrote:Couple things...

I know Jokic was killing Naz, but Naz was 5-6 fga, but played just under 19 min. Why didn't he get any run when we had a power outage on offense?

Secondly, I didn't realize it until reading an article and it prob shouldn't be an excuse but players are humans...It was Mother's day. Do you think Karl's head was in the game like it should've been? Looks like he mentioned it post game.

Notice Jokic was getting easy shots. Gordon was getting easy shots. What is Towns' easy shot? He needs space to shot the 3. What is his go to move? I feel like when he gets double team, I still don't see a open man. Need to watch the game again to see what's going on.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#287 » by BlacJacMac » Mon May 13, 2024 2:38 pm

Guest84 wrote:Couple things...

Gordon was destroying Naz. I think Naz missed every single rotation on the perimeter and he got blown by multiple times.

Naz's improvement on defense this year was a really big story. And "big wings" like Gordon are the type of guy that he's usually at his best against. But last night, he looked like Luka Garza on defense.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,665

Post#288 » by Note30 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:39 pm

Rudy Gobert on Aaron Gordon going 11-for-12: “A lot of them were contested so if Gordon turns into Kobe Bryant, we just got to live with that”

DPOY everybody.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#289 » by BlacJacMac » Mon May 13, 2024 2:48 pm

Note30 wrote:Rudy Gobert on Aaron Gordon going 11-for-12: “A lot of them were contested so if Gordon turns into Kobe Bryant, we just got to live with that”

DPOY everybody.

He might not know what "contested" means...
Macwolf527
Junior
And1: 218

Post#290 » by Macwolf527 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:48 pm

Calinks wrote:
Shaka_Zulu wrote:
Note30 wrote:Can't we believe we blew most of our trade assets on this **** center. Clint Capela would have been better tonight. Isiah Hartenstein would have been better. Embarrassing.

Settle down. Its easy to be emotional in gut wrenching loss like this. But no need to go overboard. And forget the stellar season up to this point.

He had an awful game, but that was it is, a single game.

I knew Minnesota fans would go into meltdown mode if things got tough. I wont sugar coat it, things are bad. Denver could have won one of these games but to drop two? That's lethal. I didn't pick us to win this series but the first two games really opened my eyes to what we are capable of right now.

Things are grim but the series is essentially reset. We haven't lost any players, we still have the same team that played those first two games. Denver is operating at peak level right now, we have to come up and match it. If we don't we lose to the better team, period. That sucks but I can live with that. Every game just helps inform this team on what they need to do to be better in the future. This is an education.

Chris Finch raised an interesting point concerning these home games. The time spent around family and friends can easily become a distraction when prepping for a game. Factor in the three days between games 2/3 and the Mother's Day weekend, and it could be difficult to lock-in to these playoff games for an inexperienced playoff team. Focus is so crucial when you're playing basketball at this level of intensity. I could tell the Wolves were out of sync in the Friday game and the only thing I saw different on Sunday, was Ant playing at a higher level.

Denver is not going to shoot lights out every game (especially Gordon) and I hope the Wolves will not be this terrible every game. I believe having had their behinds handed to them the last two games, hopefully players will come out with a bit more urgency and focus when we play them again in Denver on Tuesday. The Tuesday - Thursday/Away - Home layout could be just the midweek setting needed for the Wolves to close out the series. I don't know if they're ready for the National focus they've been receiving. The lights appear to be to bright for them. Sadly, we may still be a year away, but here's to hoping for the best.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,665

Post#291 » by Note30 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:54 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
Note30 wrote:Rudy Gobert on Aaron Gordon going 11-for-12: “A lot of them were contested so if Gordon turns into Kobe Bryant, we just got to live with that”

DPOY everybody.

He might not know what "contested" means...

Or "a lot"
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#292 » by BlacJacMac » Mon May 13, 2024 4:36 pm

We're playing an 8 man rotation, and right now FOUR of them are basically non-scorers.
Guest84
Pro Prospect

Post#293 » by Guest84 » Mon May 13, 2024 7:10 pm

Thought I'd post this to show how Gordon got his points. He got most of his stuff off mismatches and poor rotations. What I don't see is Naz guarding him as is was alluded to earlier. However, Jokic was killing Naz but not Gordon. I think you can accept the Jokic points but you cannot let the "others" get going. They over helped in this game and it cost them.

BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#294 » by BlacJacMac » Mon May 13, 2024 7:19 pm

I think you don't see Naz because he missed every rotation last night...
Guest84
Pro Prospect

Post#295 » by Guest84 » Mon May 13, 2024 7:21 pm

Guest84
Pro Prospect

Post#296 » by Guest84 » Mon May 13, 2024 7:25 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:I think you don't see Naz because he missed every rotation last night...

No Naz was def at fault but it wasn't all Naz. This was a total team effort and everyone lacked. However, when it comes to Gordon the statement about him killing Naz was inaccurate is all I'm saying.

The whole team was poor on rotations, overhelped, etc. My thing is Naz didn't play at all in the entire 4th when the wolves needed offense. When everyone out there was getting beat, why not put another offensive player out there? It's not like he was 2-10.
KATKlownFeet
Sophomore
And1: 47

Post#297 » by KATKlownFeet » Mon May 13, 2024 9:22 pm

Nick K wrote:
Shem wrote:Blazer fan chiming in again. Just remember, the Wolves are my playoff team this year before I say anything. Now that we got that out of the way.

I really think overall in the first two games of the series, the Wolves didn't have any pressure and expectations on them for stealing those two games in Denver. They did it and all of a sudden they're mega favorites to beat the Nuggets. This is where the inexperience comes in. The young OKC Thunder as the #1 seed in the West is dealing with that too.

Are you guys are real? Yes, you are despite the disappointment of the last two games. I still stand by that statement. This is a good learning experience no matter how this series turns out with Denver. Anthony Edwards is going be debated as the best player in the NBA very soon. He's only 22 and he's a winner.

The future is still bright in Minnesota despite the recent disappointment. Besides, you can't expect Aaron Gordon to continue to shoot 11-12 from the field, right?

What great pithy comments those are. It's down to a best of 3 series now. I like us next game.

And I like you to stop jinxing the Wolves :lol: . You said Wolves would win Game 3, come back in Game 3, blah blah blah. Show some humility after making such bad predictions. :banghead:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,521

Post#298 » by Klomp » Mon May 13, 2024 9:43 pm

Players not named Anthony Edwards shot a combined 20-49 (.408) on 3-pointers in Games 1 and 2.
Players not named Anthony Edwards shot a combined 13-45 (.289) on 3-pointers in Games 3 and 4.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 212

Post#299 » by Loaf_of_bread » Tue May 14, 2024 1:34 am

Macwolf527 wrote:
Calinks wrote:
Shaka_Zulu wrote:

Settle down. Its easy to be emotional in gut wrenching loss like this. But no need to go overboard. And forget the stellar season up to this point.

He had an awful game, but that was it is, a single game.

I knew Minnesota fans would go into meltdown mode if things got tough. I wont sugar coat it, things are bad. Denver could have won one of these games but to drop two? That's lethal. I didn't pick us to win this series but the first two games really opened my eyes to what we are capable of right now.

Things are grim but the series is essentially reset. We haven't lost any players, we still have the same team that played those first two games. Denver is operating at peak level right now, we have to come up and match it. If we don't we lose to the better team, period. That sucks but I can live with that. Every game just helps inform this team on what they need to do to be better in the future. This is an education.

Chris Finch raised an interesting point concerning these home games. The time spent around family and friends can easily become a distraction when prepping for a game. Factor in the three days between games 2/3 and the Mother's Day weekend, and it could be difficult to lock-in to these playoff games for an inexperienced playoff team. Focus is so crucial when you're playing basketball at this level of intensity. I could tell the Wolves were out of sync in the Friday game and the only thing I saw different on Sunday, was Ant playing at a higher level.

Denver is not going to shoot lights out every game (especially Gordon) and I hope the Wolves will not be this terrible every game. I believe having had their behinds handed to them the last two games, hopefully players will come out with a bit more urgency and focus when we play them again in Denver on Tuesday. The Tuesday - Thursday/Away - Home layout could be just the midweek setting needed for the Wolves to close out the series. I don't know if they're ready for the National focus they've been receiving. The lights appear to be to bright for them. Sadly, we may still be a year away, but here's to hoping for the best.

This is not the first time Finch has stated he prefers playing on the road, as it seems to bring more focus out of the team.
Guidus88
Junior
And1: 148

Post#300 » by Guidus88 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:55 am

Klomp wrote:Players not named Anthony Edwards shot a combined 20-49 (.408) on 3-pointers in Games 1 and 2.
Players not named Anthony Edwards shot a combined 13-45 (.289) on 3-pointers in Games 3 and 4.

and this include KAT going 4/5 on game 3...so basically 9/40 (22,5%)

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves