ImageImageImage

trash talking

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#41 » by revprodeji » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:25 pm

4ho5ive wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Sorry yall, but im re-joining the dark side with Rev, I actually think it may be better to trade down a few spots or even if we get shafted out of the #1 (huge possibility) and fall to the 4 and grab Roy Hibbert.

We would have our own Roy "ROY" next year. A Hibbert/Big Al frontcourt provides a TON of offense and alot of pick and roll/pop situations which i see us being very good at with Foye/McCants/Telfair.

Welcome to the darkside, we have cookies.

kingly222 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Only in a perfect world lol. Hibbert would be ok, but Rose +Diop = playoffs next year and so on. I think Rose is a difference maker much like Al, plus Diop is is better than Hibbert in everything except offense..

Rose could be a difference maker, or he could take a year or 2 to learn the pro game. Or FOye could come back and play exactly like we need from the PG spot.

I actually like Hibbert better than Diop. Hibbert is 2-3 inches taller, offensively is night and day different. Diop blocks more shots, but Hibbert is a far better system defender, pick/roll defender and has a much high BBIQ. Neither is more than average of a rebounder. Both are good at getting their body on the other 5 to keep them off the glass. I think Hibbert can provide much of what Diop would provide at a cheaper cost and at 4-5 years younger. And let us look at the offense for a second. Hibbert is a very good passer, from both the post, high post and top of the key. He has a jumper that he is confident in that goes to 19 feet. He has moves and counter moves with both hands. He can make difficult lay-ups also. His "weak spot" is that he differs to teammates instead of taking over. Also he has only been playing ball for a couple years. Considered a project when he started at GT. He has shown the work ethich and desire to improve. Drafting Hibbert fills a serious need for now and the future. The Hibbert-Oden match up last year in college shows that they are an interesting Match and would help us against portland

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/01/sport ... ointe.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17863547/

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatourn ... id=2815442

Worm Guts wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

In 12 years as Wolf, KG never played up an injury. He has no history of getting hurt in close or important games. The idea that KG was faking is ridiculous.

I agree completely. Lay of the KG hate guys. I know it is part of the grieving process and what he did might hurt, but get over it. DO NOT throw away the memory.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,843

Post#42 » by C.lupus » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:16 pm

revprodeji wrote:Welcome to the darkside, we have cookies.

I can be bought with cookies.

To be perfectly honest, I would be happy with a Hibbert pick as long as it wasn't top 3.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#43 » by revprodeji » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:24 pm

That statement makes no sense. I am sorry, but if you are happy with a prospect, and you feel they can make a valuable impact. And he is the best fit for your team. Who gives a crap if it is at 4 or 2? Either way same prospect same team. the "value" card makes no sense because the difference in trade value is "luther head"
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,843

Post#44 » by C.lupus » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:32 pm

revprodeji wrote:That statement makes no sense. I am sorry, but if you are happy with a prospect, and you feel they can make a valuable impact. And he is the best fit for your team. Who gives a crap if it is at 4 or 2? Either way same prospect same team. the "value" card makes no sense because the difference in trade value is "luther head"

It makes sense if I think there might be 3 others that are better picks.

I don't think anyone has him projected as a top 3 pick. If he truely is the best-fit pick for us, then we can trade down to get him. That way we get our guy at a cheaper price and get an asset or cash in return. Nothing wrong wiith that.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by revprodeji » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:22 pm

"better picks"

-if a player is a better fit, with a skill set that fits better, why is he not the best pick? DX says Hibbert is not a "sexy pick" but we need to get over that.

Trade downs scare me. Just because they often do not work.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,661

Post#46 » by Worm Guts » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:33 pm

revprodeji wrote:"better picks"

-if a player is a better fit, with a skill set that fits better, why is he not the best pick? .

Because he's not the best player.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,301

Post#47 » by andyhop » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:46 pm

Worm Guts wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Because he's not the best player.

But if he is the best fit for the team and his skill set makes the team better even though individually he isn't as good a player then the lesser individual player is the best player for that particular team.
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
tanat-0s
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#48 » by tanat-0s » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:51 am

Naw KG is just more bark than bite. Notice how when he thought his team was about to lose, he taps out and fakes and injury knowing that if he comes back and they win, he is the saviour, he comes back and they lose, the he was playing through injury.

Keep in mind Kg was on one knee in pain during the huddle, yet after the game the pain vanishes and he is able to jump up and down and run all around the court acting foolish. Go figure.

Yeah, you're a joke.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#49 » by deeney0 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:11 am

Say the Wolves end up with the 4th pick, Jordan stays in school, and Beasley, Rose, and Gordon go in the top three; I think it's hard to justify taking anyone but Hibbert.
TheYounGunz
Junior

Post#50 » by TheYounGunz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:15 am

deeney0 wrote:Say the Wolves end up with the 4th pick, Jordan stays in school, and Beasley, Rose, and Gordon go in the top three; I think it's hard to justify taking anyone but Hibbert.

I'd take Mayo before Hibbert in that case
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by revprodeji » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:18 am

Mayo and Gordon really do not fit with this team.

Unless you would like to show me how?
TheYounGunz
Junior

Post#52 » by TheYounGunz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:21 am

revprodeji wrote:Mayo and Gordon really do not fit with this team.

Unless you would like to show me how?

How does a SG not fit with this team?

I'd go

Center?? Trade/FA/Draft
Jefferson
Mayo
McCants
Foye

I am not a huge fan of Mayo anyway, just saying i would take him over hibbert. He does not have speed or explosiveness He might be too slow
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#53 » by casey » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:24 am

Naw KG is just more bark than bite. Notice how when he thought his team was about to lose, he taps out and fakes and injury knowing that if he comes back and they win, he is the saviour, he comes back and they lose, the he was playing through injury.

Keep in mind Kg was on one knee in pain during the huddle, yet after the game the pain vanishes and he is able to jump up and down and run all around the court acting foolish. Go figure.

KG probably read this post and knew word would get out that he faked the injury so he sat out the game today. He probably made his teammates throw the game too, because people would think less of him if the Celtics won without him. He's obviously a pussy, we all know that as a fact, but you gotta admit he is pretty damn smart planning this all out.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#54 » by deeney0 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:24 am

I would've taken Mayo in a heartbeat in that scenario a month ago; but since then, Mayo still hasn't stepped up like he needs to and Shad is playing better than ever (not to mention Bassy, which will have Foye playing more 2 than previously assumed)
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by revprodeji » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:28 am

TheYounGunz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
How does a SG not fit with this team?

I'd go

Center?? Trade/FA/Draft
Jefferson
Mayo
McCants
Foye

I am not a huge fan of Mayo anyway, just saying i would take him over hibbert. He does not have speed or explosiveness He might be too slow

mcCants and Gordon or even Mayo would be duplication. Mayo is 6'4-6'5 if lucky. Hard to to start that at 3. Also you are banking we find anything at the 5 spot in FA. Good luck. Also where is brewer in this line up? or Gomes?

"too slow" "explosiveness" have you read anything on that 99page draft thread? These issues have been addressed hardcore.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by revprodeji » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:29 am

deeney0 wrote:I would've taken Mayo in a heartbeat in that scenario a month ago; but since then, Mayo still hasn't stepped up like he needs to and Shad is playing better than ever (not to mention Bassy, which will have Foye playing more 2 than previously assumed)

it is very possible to see a 3 guard rotation of bassy/foye/shad with a vet filler.
TheYounGunz
Junior

Post#57 » by TheYounGunz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:33 am

revprodeji wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

mcCants and Gordon or even Mayo would be duplication. Mayo is 6'4-6'5 if lucky. Hard to to start that at 3. Also you are banking we find anything at the 5 spot in FA. Good luck. Also where is brewer in this line up? or Gomes?

"too slow" "explosiveness" have you read anything on that 99page draft thread? These issues have been addressed hardcore.

no and i don't care to. Hibbert's numbers have not been impressive either
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,917

Post#58 » by theGreatRC » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:38 am

This thread sure isn't going anywhere.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by revprodeji » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:41 am

TheYounGunz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

[/b]

no and i don't care to. Hibbert's numbers have not been impressive either

wow...

yea, that is all I will say. I am glad in your eyes you can see talent and you would want whoever has teh kewlist sportcenter heighlights. You are a fan, so am I and our opinion does not really matter. Rather than trying to convince you of Hibbert I can just sit back and wait to watch family guy.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by revprodeji » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:41 am

theGreatRC wrote:This thread sure isn't going anywhere.

have you not heard? All threads need to turn into draft threads

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves