ImageImageImage

trash talking

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

MN Die Hard
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#81 » by MN Die Hard » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:07 pm

Way to go Al, that is awesome.....it really hits KG where it hurts! I like that, along with the crack about "why are you doubling, cant you handle me on your own?".

KG has always been such a trash talker, even when he was here. Its funny to see a young fella give it back to him so effectively.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,762

Post#82 » by Basti » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:47 pm

horaceworthy wrote:http://www.twincities.com/timberwolves/ci_8095900?nclick_check=1

Looks as if Al Jefferson is just as quick with his wit as he is on his feet.

When Kevin Garnett emphatically reminded Jefferson of his all-star selections - "11 years! 11 years!" - Jefferson replied with something that Garnett couldn't top.

"I told him we both have one thing in common - no championships," Jefferson said. "He didn't like that too much."

:rofl: :rofl:
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#83 » by mandurugo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:55 pm

Unfortunately when it's all said and done, KG is much better than Al Jefferson - the trade made the wolves much worse in the short run. We'll see how long it takes the wolves to be respectable again, but I doubt it's going to be because Jefferson becomes as good a player as KG. We got lucky once, lets just hope that Al continues to improve and the front office does a better job constructing a balanced team this time around.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#84 » by TheFranchise21 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:50 pm

mandurugo wrote:Unfortunately when it's all said and done, KG is much better than Al Jefferson - the trade made the wolves much worse in the short run. We'll see how long it takes the wolves to be respectable again, but I doubt it's going to be because Jefferson becomes as good a player as KG. We got lucky once, lets just hope that Al continues to improve and the front office does a better job constructing a balanced team this time around.

KG is obviously better than Al. Nobody is arguing that Jefferson is better. I think we all knew and management knew this was going to be a very young, inexperienced team that was going to lose more than it was going to win. No one expects Jefferson to be as good as KG either. I don't get what you're trying to say.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#85 » by revprodeji » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:55 pm

big3_8_19_21 wrote:rev: It seems like your taking this choice of Mayo over Hibbert by youngunz a little to personally. I HAVE read most of the draft thread, and you raise very good points about Hibbert, but his athleticism and explosiveness are still the main concerns of any team that is looking to draft him. Regardless of need, many people (myself included) would rather pick the BPA and sort it out later. As a separate but related thought, many people would rank Mayo as a better prospect than Hibbert in the overall scheme of things. Therefore many people would pick Mayo over Hibbert.

Actually Mayo has been slipping, where as Hibbert is still considered 6 or so on the draft boards. Plus his play has improved.

I like Mayo. I just think that Hibbert will have a bigger and better impact for this team. Plus Mayo is only 11 months younger than Hibbert. I would be cool with Mayo. I think he could help and the FOye/Mayo/Shad 3-some would be nice. But I think we need to go big. We need some size on this team. The true debate is Beasley vs Hibbert/Jordan. With Rose being considered if Foye cannot handle the 1.

TheYounGunz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If Roy Hibbert is chosen by the Timberwolves, heck yes i am going to cheer for him, he would be in Minnesota so no doubt i would cheer for him. I wasn't a huge fan of Corey Brewer but embraced him after he was picked.

Sounds good

Devilzsidewalk wrote:I'm going to the darkside because the Wolves are gonna lose maybe 5 or 6 games more total this year and that pick is gonna drop like a brick

Grab a t-shirt and some cookies.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#86 » by mandurugo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:06 pm

TheFranchise21 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
KG is obviously better than Al. Nobody is arguing that Jefferson is better. I think we all knew and management knew this was going to be a very young, inexperienced team that was going to lose more than it was going to win. No one expects Jefferson to be as good as KG either. I don't get what you're trying to say.

Actually if you scroll up you'll see people saying that in hindsight that they would have traded have traded KG straight up for Al Jefferson. I was responding to that and to all the people who are so bent out of shape by KG's trash talking now, but don't mind Al's. Some of those comments have led to some ridiculous statements about KG as well. But in my first write-up I found my response to them a bit offensive, so I went back to basics.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#87 » by horaceworthy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:34 pm

revprodeji wrote:Actually Mayo has been slipping, where as Hibbert is still considered 6 or so on the draft boards. Plus his play has improved.

I like Mayo. I just think that Hibbert will have a bigger and better impact for this team. Plus Mayo is only 11 months younger than Hibbert. I would be cool with Mayo. I think he could help and the FOye/Mayo/Shad 3-some would be nice. But I think we need to go big. We need some size on this team. The true debate is Beasley vs Hibbert/Jordan. With Rose being considered if Foye cannot handle the 1.

I disagree with much of this.

Beasley vs. Hibbert/Jordan isn't really a debate right now, and shouldn't be.

I also don't think what Foye does has anything to do with whether or not Rose is the pick. Despite this recent stretch, we're not good enough to draft for need.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves