Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

NebWolvesFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Re: Iowa Wolves/G League talk 

Post#961 » by NebWolvesFan » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:41 pm

minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Developing passing skills is a smart way for a young player to get minutes in NBA. Although Miller is averaging 3 turnovers per game, I hope that Iowa HC is intentionally making Miller play with ball in his hands, be creative. So mid season results for Miller will be:

+ he is taking more threes (six attempts per game) and he is making 43% of them
+ he is taking different types of threes: pull-up, relocation, step back
+ he is playing more with ball in his hands
+ pretty consistent free throw shooter - 84.6%

- has showed some inconsistent effort and motor in defense
- turnovers and fouls numbers per game are up
- offensive rebounds and blocks numbers are down

It's important because if this team goes over second apron next year, he might have to handle Kyle Anderson minutes and what Kyle does. Hopefully, he can come close and be a better shooter.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,215

Post#962 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:04 pm

minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Developing passing skills is a smart way for a young player to get minutes in NBA. Although Miller is averaging 3 turnovers per game, I hope that Iowa HC is intentionally making Miller play with ball in his hands, be creative. So mid season results for Miller will be:

It's kinda crazy how much his development track reminds me of Naz. Reid was an offensive-minded, playmaking big in Iowa too. That didn't translate as much to the NBA though.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
cmoss84
Junior
And1: 102

Post#963 » by cmoss84 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:50 pm

Klomp wrote:
minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's kinda crazy how much his development track reminds me of Naz. Reid was an offensive-minded, playmaking big in Iowa too. That didn't translate as much to the NBA though.

You don't think Naz is an effective NBA offensive-minded big?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,215

Post#964 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:03 pm

cmoss84 wrote:
Klomp wrote:
minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

I was referring more to the playmaking, since that was the flash shown in the video from Miller.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,744

Post#965 » by minimus » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:11 am

Klomp wrote:
cmoss84 wrote:
Klomp wrote:It's kinda crazy how much his development track reminds me of Naz. Reid was an offensive-minded, playmaking big in Iowa too. That didn't translate as much to the NBA though.

I was referring more to the playmaking, since that was the flash shown in the video from Miller.

Yeah, I remember I was very intrigued by Naz ability to pass the ball as five-out big. To be fair, I think that group of players in Iowa was special, they were talented, they were hungry, they were familiar with each other and system: Reid, Vando, Nowell and McLaughlin. It helps when you play as a group. Unfortunately, I cant say same about our current Iowa team
minimus
RealGM

Post#966 » by minimus » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:28 am

His shooting mechanic looks better, release is cleaner as well. Still questionable footwork. My hope going into this season was that Kyle Anderson can mentor Minott and Miller in terms of defense and passing from wing position. Kyle uses his physical tools in defense at 100%: he is always in low stance, always actively uses hands. Really a special and player. Unfortunately it didn't happened the way I hoped, with World Championship and Kyle's eye injury...
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,891

Post#967 » by thinktank » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:33 pm

Looking like a 6-10 Miles Davis out there.

https://images.app.goo.gl/j5AYTKbrrKj3Kj5x8
“Tatum is garbage.” “Tatum is literally dogcrap.” -The Corey’s
minimus
RealGM

Post#968 » by minimus » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Miller definitely looks more comfortable at shooting the ball. Hope he can improve his body and defense as well.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,080

Post#969 » by shangrila » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:52 pm

If I didn't know the %s and just saw Miller's shot form I'd swear he was a terrible shooter.

Credit where it's due though, the leg kick is weird but it's going in the hoop consistently.
minimus
RealGM

Post#970 » by minimus » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:38 am

Read on Twitter

Thats indeed weird body-arms-legs shooting form...
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,540

Post#971 » by Domejandro » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:19 pm

Read on Twitter

There are legitimate concerns around Leonard Miller’s poor effort and being completely lost on defensive rotations. Plenty of time for him to improve, so I am not particularly concerned, but people saying that he is currently capable of playing real NBA minutes are completely missing actual performance for counting stats, in my opinion.
minimus
RealGM

Post#972 » by minimus » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:52 pm

Domejandro wrote:There are legitimate concerns around Leonard Miller’s poor effort and being completely lost on defensive rotations. Plenty of time for him to improve, so I am not particularly concerned, but people saying that he is currently capable of playing real NBA minutes are completely missing actual performance for counting stats, in my opinion.

High effort in offense, low effort in defense? :o
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,955

Post#973 » by KGdaBom » Thu Feb 1, 2024 5:44 pm

Domejandro wrote:
Read on Twitter

There are legitimate concerns around Leonard Miller’s poor effort and being completely lost on defensive rotations. Plenty of time for him to improve, so I am not particularly concerned, but people saying that he is currently capable of playing real NBA minutes are completely missing actual performance for counting stats, in my opinion.

Sorry Dome, but Miller's GLeague Highlights and Box scores are undeniable proof that he should be starting for the big Wolves right now.
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#974 » by Biff Cooper » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:49 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Domejandro wrote:There are legitimate concerns around Leonard Miller’s poor effort and being completely lost on defensive rotations. Plenty of time for him to improve, so I am not particularly concerned, but people saying that he is currently capable of playing real NBA minutes are completely missing actual performance for counting stats, in my opinion.

Sorry Dome, but Miller's GLeague Highlights and Box scores are undeniable proof that he should be starting for the big Wolves right now.

Was this statement in jest? Miller will definitely be in line to try and earn a meaningful role on the big team within the next year.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,955

Post#975 » by KGdaBom » Fri Feb 2, 2024 8:17 pm

Biff Cooper wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Was this statement in jest? Miller will definitely be in line to try and earn a meaningful role on the big team within the next year.

Would I jest? If I had wanted to make it obvious I would have put one of these on it :lol: . Then again it should have been obvious by me saying starting for the big Wolves rather than in the rotation for the big Wolves.
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#976 » by Biff Cooper » Fri Feb 2, 2024 10:07 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Would I jest? If I had wanted to make it obvious I would have put one of these on it :lol: . Then again it should have been obvious by me saying starting for the big Wolves rather than in the rotation for the big Wolves.

KGdaBom wrote:GLeague Highlights and Box scores are undeniable proof
This sounded jestful to me. :lol:
minimus
RealGM

Post#977 » by minimus » Sun Feb 4, 2024 9:53 am

In case we make 2-1 or 3-1 trade, can you see someone from our Iowa team to be signed to comply with minimum players number requirements and stay under luxury tax?

Garza? Does it make sense from financial standpoint to give him a Gupta deal? In order to keep him and use as trade asset later?

Javonte Cook? Just has scored 41 pts, 14-21 FG, 8-11 3PT (47% FG, 38% 3PT this season in gleague 6.7 3PTA. Last season he had 31% 3PT on 3.6 3PTA)
minimus
RealGM

Post#978 » by minimus » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:51 am

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,649

Post#979 » by winforlose » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:02 pm

minimus wrote:

In that same game Leonard Miller dropped a triple double with 21/11/10 in 38 minutes. Minott shot 11-16 (only 1-4 from 3 so 10 of 12 from 2,) for 23 points on 23/4/6/1/1 in 37 minutes.

Regarding Cooke, we saw Nowell do stuff like like this when he was in the G. But the 3 didn’t translate to the NBA. It is hard to get minutes for Minott and Miller much less Cooke in the NBA. Though if we trade for a PG I would be fine waiving Nix and replacing him with Cooke as a two way.
NebWolvesFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#980 » by NebWolvesFan » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:09 pm

winforlose wrote:
minimus wrote:

In that same game Leonard Miller dropped a triple double with 21/11/10 in 38 minutes. Minott shot 11-16 (only 1-4 from 3 so 10 of 12 from 2,) for 23 points on 23/4/6/1/1 in 37 minutes.

Regarding Cooke, we saw Nowell do stuff like like this when he was in the G. But the 3 didn’t translate to the NBA. It is hard to get minutes for Minott and Miller much less Cooke in the NBA. Though if we trade for a PG I would be fine waiving Nix and replacing him with Cooke as a two way.

It's very possible that if Minnesota makes a 2-for-1 or 3-for-2 trade that Clark gets the 14th rosters spot. It makes sense with him potentially returning from injury and having less than a year of NBA experience. He would be extremely cheap. If Clark goes to a traditional contract a two-way would open.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves