ImageImageImage

The Official Jaden McDaniels Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Re: Jaden McDaniels thread 

Post#81 » by Krapinsky » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:07 am

5 points, 1 defensive rebound, 1 assist in 29 minutes tonight. He took 3 shots. The 0 FT streak continues.

To his credit, he led in +/-
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,366

Post#82 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 4, 2021 6:09 pm

He's not a great offensive player yet. We all knew that already going into the season.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#83 » by Krapinsky » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:52 am

Didn’t catch the game tonight (league pass black out ) but he fouled out in 13 minutes? I could understand an undersized center guarding prime Shaq doing that, but not a SF. Come on now, get this kid in the g-league.

Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,480

Post#84 » by Foye » Sat Nov 6, 2021 9:23 am

Krapinsky wrote:Didn’t catch the game tonight (league pass black out ) but he fouled out in 13 minutes? I could understand an undersized center guarding prime Shaq doing that, but not a SF. Come on now, get this kid in the g-league.

He was the next Scottie Pippen on here literally a month ago.

Someone needs to create some easy buckets for him on offense so he gets more comfortable. The one capable of doing that got traded for a half donut, though, to save money.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,728

Post#85 » by winforlose » Sat Nov 6, 2021 12:16 pm

The issue is that he cannot build a rhythm because he is always in foul trouble. Some of it is self inflicted, some of it is the way the refs are calling things on him. Tonight for example, he set a lazy screen and got a quick offensive foul. However, you see Zubac commit similar screens extending the hip or sliding into the wolves defender and you don’t see a corresponding foul call. It is the difference between a young player and established player getting calls. MCD needs to learn that until he is more established he is needs to be much more careful.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,026

Post#86 » by Dewey » Sat Nov 6, 2021 6:39 pm

Krapinsky wrote:Didn’t catch the game tonight (league pass black out ) but he fouled out in 13 minutes? I could understand an undersized center guarding prime Shaq doing that, but not a SF. Come on now, get this kid in the g-league.

Ya he needs to figure some stuff out…
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,101

Post#87 » by Nick K » Sat Nov 6, 2021 6:55 pm

Calinks wrote:I think its worth looking into Jaden's scoring. He has produced

total points in each game. I know his job isn't to score but those are some really concerning numbers. I don't know if he will ever be a solid scorer but I would hope he would be capable of averaging closer to 10 PPG than he is.

I have been so wrong on McD. It's early and I still believe in hs talent but he's making it tough to stay positive. I thought he was going to make a big jump this year. He still might but...

The worst part is he plays a low IQ game. His fouling is untenable.

Another poster says he needs to be a 3 and d guy. I agree, but he can be more.

These young guys need time to figure it out. 2 years at least. It's hard because we're all impatient.

I would sit McD for a few games or so and let him watch. Part punishment, part learning experience. Of course he only plays 10 minutes a game now due to foul trouble. He hasn't learned much. :banghead:
m2002brian
Analyst
And1: 1,152

Post#88 » by m2002brian » Sat Nov 6, 2021 7:07 pm

They didn’t coin the term sophomore slump for nothing.

This year Ant and MickyD’s will take their lumps. I’m hoping for a year 3 explosion though.
And as talented as Towns and, to a lesser extent, DLo may be, this team would be better suited to follow Memphis’ model of adding toughness around already tough + talented players.

We aren’t going anywhere when our “best” player is a weak whiner and EVWRYBODY on the team knows he’s soft as play doh fresh out the can.
BLUEGREENRED
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,366

Post#89 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 6, 2021 10:52 pm

Has anyone gone back and done a deep dive on McDaniels' technical issues at Washington? Starting to think they came from arguing foul calls. As if the techs buried his propensity for foul trouble.

I still think he's a very good defender. Defending without fouling could bring that up a notch.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
wolfen
Senior
And1: 216

Post#90 » by wolfen » Mon Nov 8, 2021 8:50 pm

Part of me wants McD to play a month in the g-league so he can get his sh@t together. Nathan Knight is not a better player, but he actually is an OLDER player with a more advanced build. Why not give Knight a shot in McD's spot? Bare minimum, he'd be a much better rebounder, and we need that. Also somewhat of a pick and roll threat, which would be nice.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,637

Post#91 » by Domejandro » Tue Nov 9, 2021 3:18 pm

wolfen wrote:Part of me wants McD to play a month in the g-league so he can get his sh@t together. Nathan Knight is not a better player, but he actually is an OLDER player with a more advanced build. Why not give Knight a shot in McD's spot? Bare minimum, he'd be a much better rebounder, and we need that. Also somewhat of a pick and roll threat, which would be nice.

Nathan Knight is a much worse defensive player and would further kill Minnesota’s abysmal spacing. Jaden McDaniels - despite his numerous flaws - is immeasurably better than Nathan Knight (at least currently). That suggestion would definitely make the team worse (as impossible as that currently feels).
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#92 » by Krapinsky » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:08 pm

Another clunker. 2 points, 1-5 shooting, 5 fouls, 1 rebound in 13 minutes.

AbeVigodaLive
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,494

Post#93 » by AbeVigodaLive » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:00 pm

Krapinsky wrote:Another clunker. 2 points, 1-5 shooting, 5 fouls, 1 rebound in 13 minutes.

I created a new drinking game. But it's only for moderate drinkers.

- Player 1 takes a shot for every point.
- Player 2 takes a shot for every rebound.
- Player 3 takes a shot for every foul.

4.44 points.
4.0 rebounds
4.2 fouls

I assume we'd all just take a shot if he somehow stumbles into a free throw. I don't know... it's only happened 3 times in 10 games. He's unleashed the ghost of Trenton Hassell.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#94 » by Krapinsky » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:12 pm

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:Another clunker. 2 points, 1-5 shooting, 5 fouls, 1 rebound in 13 minutes.

4.44 points.
4.0 rebounds
4.2 fouls

I assume we'd all just take a shot if he somehow stumbles into a free throw. I don't know... it's only happened 3 times in 10 games. He's unleashed the ghost of Trenton Hassell.

Lol, 10/10 rated post.

King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#95 » by King Malta » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:05 am

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

4.44 points.
4.0 rebounds
4.2 fouls

Yeah but he doesn't rock the high socks though.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,728

Post#96 » by winforlose » Tue Feb 1, 2022 1:42 pm

Thought I would share this link and open this up to discussion. Dane Moore on his podcast compares MCD to Aaron Gordon. Not sure I see it, but I would love to hear what you guys think.

https://www.canishoopus.com/2022/1/31/22910114/dane-moore-nba-podcast-triple-double-kat-mcdaniels-as-aaron-gordon-game-recap
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,001

Post#97 » by KGdaBom » Tue Feb 1, 2022 3:13 pm

winforlose wrote:Thought I would share this link and open this up to discussion. Dane Moore on his podcast compares MCD to Aaron Gordon. Not sure I see it, but I would love to hear what you guys think.

https://www.canishoopus.com/2022/1/31/22910114/dane-moore-nba-podcast-triple-double-kat-mcdaniels-as-aaron-gordon-game-recap

Dane Moore is wrong. :o
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,750

Post#98 » by minimus » Tue Feb 1, 2022 4:33 pm

winforlose wrote:Thought I would share this link and open this up to discussion. Dane Moore on his podcast compares MCD to Aaron Gordon. Not sure I see it, but I would love to hear what you guys think.

There are enough similarities: high wall concept in defense and importance of low man, a versatile big in offense and importance of playing off the ball. Very similar roles, but different players.
SmokeyPaw
Starter
And1: 1,163

Post#99 » by SmokeyPaw » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:54 pm

Both Ant and Jaden will be in the Rising Stars challenge. Ant was the 1st selection, Jaden the 11th.

Read on Twitter
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,219

Post#100 » by shrink » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:37 pm

Interesting to see Edwards picked in front of Mobely and LaMelo!

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves