Fun facts and unreal stats

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,724

Re: Fun facts and unreal stats 

Post#41 » by Calinks » Tue Dec 7, 2021 8:35 pm

The shooting is really strange man. I hope it turned around but we are like 30 percent into the season and it has been a bit better but still bad from nearly all our players outside of Towns. I do believe Beasley and Russell will start hitting at a higher clip though.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,655

Post#42 » by winforlose » Tue Dec 7, 2021 9:10 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think he really hates the new ball.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,974

Post#44 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jul 3, 2022 4:27 pm

winforlose wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/fadeawayworld.net/.amp/nba-media/the-minnesota-timberwolves-starting-5-has-a-long-wingspan-dangelo-russell-610-anthony-edwards-69-jaden-mcdaniels-70-karl-anthony-towns-74-rudy-gobert-79

I guess length matters ;)

Our Wolves are tall and talented. Tall and talented beats small and talented almost every time.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#45 » by winforlose » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:51 am

So there has been talk recently about upgrading our backup C. There is a player I was curious about. He is a bit undersized, and struggles on defense, but he has recently begun blocking shots at a better clip. The biggest flaw this player has is he needs minutes. However in 16 games last year he played 20 minutes or more. I used BB reference to gather those stats.

13.75 PPG, 6.2 TRB, 1.1 AST, 54% FG%,40.91% 3P%, .6 steals and 1.3 blocks per game.

For those wondering this is
Spoiler:
Naz Reid last year when given 20+ minutes. I cannot see why he isn’t a valuable extend and trade player?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,160

Post#46 » by shrink » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:26 pm

Which Timberwolf was last in VORP (Value Over Replacement Player) last year?

Spoiler:
Jaden McDaniels

0.0. Chris Silva
-0.1 Josh Okogie
-0.1 Jake Layman
-0.2 Leandro Bolmaro
-0.4 Jaden McDaniels

Towns led the team at +4.4, 10th in the NBA
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#47 » by KGdaBom » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:05 pm

shrink wrote:Which Timberwolf was last in VORP (Value Over Replacement Player) last year?

Spoiler:
Jaden McDaniels

0.0. Chris Silva
-0.1 Josh Okogie
-0.1 Jake Layman
-0.2 Leandro Bolmaro
-0.4 Jaden McDaniels

A lot of people having very high expectations for McDaniels, but so far despite great potential he has not been good.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#48 » by winforlose » Mon Aug 1, 2022 7:03 am

I was thinking about it, and every pickup we made in FA was from a western conference team either last year or this summer.

Forbes and Rivers from Denver
Paschall from Utah
Lawson from Dallas SL
Anderson from Memphis

Kinda funny how we kept it in the west. Not to mention all the players traded in and out where west to west (made easier by only trading with one team in a one to one trade.) Hell, even JO and McKinley Wright stayed West by going to Phoenix.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,746

Post#49 » by minimus » Mon Aug 1, 2022 12:37 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
shrink wrote:Which Timberwolf was last in VORP (Value Over Replacement Player) last year?

Spoiler:
Jaden McDaniels

0.0. Chris Silva
-0.1 Josh Okogie
-0.1 Jake Layman
-0.2 Leandro Bolmaro
-0.4 Jaden McDaniels

A lot of people having very high expectations for McDaniels, but so far despite great potential he has not been good.

Because Towns backup was Reid, while MCD was backup for superefficient in limited role Vando
Grubie024
Junior
And1: 416

Post#50 » by Grubie024 » Mon Aug 1, 2022 1:15 pm

minimus wrote:Because Towns backup was Reid, while MCD was backup for superefficient in limited role Vando

VORP - Value Over Replacement Player (available since the 1973-74 season in the NBA); a box score estimate of the points per 100 TEAM possessions that a player contributed above a replacement-level (-2.0) player, translated to an average team and prorated to an 82-game season.

Who McDaniels' back-up is doesn't impact his VORP to my understanding. It's a hypothetical backup.
McDaniels clearly has a long way to go in refining his game and gaining consistency, but the potential is there.
minimus
RealGM

Post#51 » by minimus » Tue Aug 9, 2022 8:30 am

I dont know whether is was already mentioned, but if Campazzo does not return in NBA, than Jordan McLaughlin and Rudy Gobert duo might have the biggest size differential in NBA
winforlose
General Manager

Post#52 » by winforlose » Tue Aug 9, 2022 10:08 am

minimus wrote:I dont know whether is was already mentioned, but if Campazzo does not return in NBA, than Jordan McLaughlin and Rudy Gobert duo might have the biggest size differential in NBA

I don’t care about the how, I just want this to be true. Too damn funny :)
Zonarosa
Sophomore
And1: 65

Post#53 » by Zonarosa » Tue Aug 9, 2022 2:44 pm

minimus wrote:I dont know whether is was already mentioned, but if Campazzo does not return in NBA, than Jordan McLaughlin and Rudy Gobert duo might have the biggest size differential in NBA

eh, not quite. with boban's move to houston, there's a 16" difference between him and trey burke.
minimus
RealGM

Post#54 » by minimus » Tue Aug 9, 2022 3:03 pm

Zonarosa wrote:

eh, not quite. with boban's move to houston, there's a 16" difference between him and trey burke.

OMG, how did I forget about John Wick nightmare
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,285

Post#55 » by Klomp » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:40 pm

A 45-win season will give Chris Finch the best winning percentage among coaches in franchise history.

tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
winforlose
General Manager

Post#56 » by winforlose » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:25 pm

Klomp wrote:A 45-win season will give Chris Finch the best winning percentage among coaches in franchise history.

I think Finch is gonna break just about every record in franchise history if the FO and Ownership give him the time and money he is due. Finch has proven to the fan base over the last 1.5 years that he is the real deal. I think 22/23 is gonna be when he proves it to the league.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#57 » by KGdaBom » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:29 pm

winforlose wrote:
Klomp wrote:A 45-win season will give Chris Finch the best winning percentage among coaches in franchise history.

I think Finch is gonna break just about every record in franchise history if the FO and Ownership give him the time and money he is due. Finch has proven to the fan base over the last 1.5 years that he is the real deal. I think 22/23 is gonna be when he proves it to the league.

Of course Sir Charles must believe that Finch is a horrible coach because all he talks about is us playing as dumb as a box of rocks.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#58 » by winforlose » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:36 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Of course Sir Charles must believe that Finch is a horrible coach because all he talks about is us playing as dumb as a box of rocks.

Dinosaurs would probably think humans look funny. The idea of a 50/40/90 big who shoots high volume 3s and attacks off the dribble with the skills of a guard is blasphemy to the old guys. They want KAT to be a back to the basket traditional big, and that is just nonsense. Playing guys in foul trouble is almost necessary when your best players get in frequent foul trouble. Sometimes it doesn’t work out, but when it does it saves games. Finch has balls, most NBA coaches don’t. I call that a positive.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#59 » by KGdaBom » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:32 pm

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Dinosaurs would probably think humans look funny. The idea of a 50/40/90 big who shoots high volume 3s and attacks off the dribble with the skills of a guard is blasphemy to the old guys. They want KAT to be a back to the basket traditional big, and that is just nonsense. Playing guys in foul trouble is almost necessary when your best players get in frequent foul trouble. Sometimes it doesn’t work out, but when it does it saves games. Finch has balls, most NBA coaches don’t. I call that a positive.

Good rebuttal to Charles. :D
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#60 » by Dewey » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:35 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

I like Charles bold opinions, but either way, he is not the sharpest tax in the box. I still like him most of them time
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves