Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,425

The official Wendell Moore Jr. thread 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:20 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,457

Re: The official Wendell Moore Jr. thread 

Post#2 » by Baseline81 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:22 pm

On the NBA Draft Board:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2192580

From Duke4life831:
Best case scenario I can see him being Malcolm Brogdon. Similar size, length and athleticism. Played a similar role in college as well, in the big combo guard kind of role. I had more faith in Brogdon coming out because he had a bigger body of work playing at the high level compared to Moore only having the 1 year of it.

I think Brogdon is the better shooter coming out of college, but I think Moore is a little quicker. Passing I think they're pretty close as well coming out. So ya if Im taking Moore 1st round its with the hopes that you have yourself the next Brogdon.

But the negative with Moore is he doesnt have an elite skill set to fall back on. And to me that is always a dangerous thing. Having that elite something to fall back on is always a big time benefit (athleticism, shooting, defense, passing, so on). Like I can easily see Moore not being a good enough floor general to get plenty of time with the ball in his hands. I also dont think he is a reliable enough shooter to have the safety of being a 3&D guard to fall back on.

I would feel comfortable taking him somewhere between 20-35 in the draft.

10.25" hands as well. I will stick with my Brogdon comparison for his ceiling.

Brogdon:
10.25" hands
6'5.5" in shoes
6'10.5" wingspan
8'2" standing reach
220 pounds

Moore:
10.25" hands
6'5.5" in shoes
7'0.5" wingspan
8'5" standing reach
217 pounds

So very similar size, very similar when it comes to athletic ability, and very similar when it comes to the roles and skill sets coming out of college.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#3 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:09 pm

I like his size and skillset. 217 pounds with a 7 foot wingspan is excellent. Put that together with good ball handling, shooting and defense what's not to like?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:13 pm

KGdaBom wrote:I like his size and skillset. 217 pounds with a 7 foot wingspan is excellent. Put that together with good ball handling, shooting and defense what's not to like?

I think he profiles very similarly to the much-hyped Jalen Williams. Those two will be interesting to monitor. Also worth noting, Moore is actually 5 months younger than Williams.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

NebWolvesFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#5 » by NebWolvesFan » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:38 pm

The Wolves starting backcourt in Oct. 2023 will be Moore and Edwards. He will be the "PG" in the future. Actually, Edwards will be the main facilitator and usage guy with Moore the perfect compliment
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,783

Post#6 » by winforlose » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:48 pm

He seems like what they were looking for in Culver. A JO type defender with multipositional offensive skills.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:57 pm

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#8 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:04 pm

winforlose wrote:He seems like what they were looking for in Culver. A JO type defender with multipositional offensive skills.

Think Culver with a great shot, but not quite as much athleticism.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#9 » by Norseman79 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:10 pm

They must have liked him at PG better than Davidson, Washington and others to pick him with them available. We will see how much initiating he does during summer league. Kind of like the idea of just slapping him at point guard and letting him run the show. Throw Minott at the 3 and Manek at the 4.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:13 pm

Norseman79 wrote:They must have liked him at PG better than Davidson, Washington and others to pick him with them available. We will see how much initiating he does during summer league. Kind of like the idea of just slapping him at point guard and letting him run the show. Throw Minott at the 3 and Manek at the 4.

Finch really hasn't gone with the traditional PG route. Moore is a great fit next to Edwards, whether initiating or both on the wing.

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,756

Post#11 » by minimus » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:30 pm

Wait a minute... So we had interest in Turner and Capella, but ended up with drafting Kessler. Also we drafted a guy very similar to Brogdon. So we basically got a package similar skills wise to Turner-Brogdon?! I honestly never thought that Moore can be our oversized PG, combo guard. But if he can, dear God, it might unlock our defense and offense. One big thing though. Brogdon is an elite slasher in NBA, I wonder whether Moore can benefit from NBA spacing and develop some slashing/finishing ability.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#12 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:43 pm

One thing I like a lot is his shooting at the line went 81%, 85%, 81% his 3 years, so really consistent numbers there, and 2pt and 3pt % both rose each season. Whereas Culver for example, 65 and 71% respectively at the line, and 3 pt percentage nose-dived 80 points between freshman and soph seasons. Just makes me a little more comfortable with Moore's potential to shoot at a reasonable rate at least.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:49 pm

Read on Twitter

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:57 pm

His rookie contract will start at $2,275,680

Macwolf527
Junior
And1: 218

Post#15 » by Macwolf527 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:22 pm

I promise you we will be talking in great detail about Wendelll Moore by midseason. He will be making his challenge to be in the rotation. Think Andre Iguodala with a little less explosiveness, but a better shot. He’s smart, competitive, and passionate. You want a player like this on your team. He’s a jack of all trades, but if you tell him to Master a trade, he will. His development makes DLo expendable. Right now DLo needs to accept his worth. If he’s not willing to, you have to move on. He is what he is and that’s not enough at $31 million, 20 million maybe $25 if we get the all star back, that was with the Nets. You ride him this year to develop Moore, find a stop gap in a trade and move on. Moore allows you to require less from the PG position. My all out pick is Murray. Forget (F) those draft picks. We trying to be in the back part of the draft anyway. That and the 2nd is about the same. Find some earlier 2nd rounders and swap the next 2-3 years worth of 1st rounders for Murray, and we’re coming for heads.

I like DLo, but this is his 3rd contract. The 2nd contract was for potential. This contract is Market, SON! If you want the dollars, you have to take the chance and prove, then we talk around the deadline about extension. No agreement, we cut ties and we find you a spot we both like.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Klomp » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:51 am

Read on Twitter

Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,104

Post#17 » by Nick K » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:12 am

minimus wrote:Wait a minute... So we had interest in Turner and Capella, but ended up with drafting Kessler. Also we drafted a guy very similar to Brogdon. So we basically got a package similar skills wise to Turner-Brogdon?! I honestly never thought that Moore can be our oversized PG, combo guard. But if he can, dear God, it might unlock our defense and offense. One big thing though. Brogdon is an elite slasher in NBA, I wonder whether Moore can benefit from NBA spacing and develop some slashing/finishing ability.

Good post. Exactly right.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,104

Post#18 » by Nick K » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:22 am

Macwolf527 wrote:I promise you we will be talking in great detail about Wendelll Moore by midseason. He will be making his challenge to be in the rotation. Think Andre Iguodala with a little less explosiveness, but a better shot. He’s smart, competitive, and passionate. You want a player like this on your team. He’s a jack of all trades, but if you tell him to Master a trade, he will. His development makes DLo expendable. Right now DLo needs to accept his worth. If he’s not willing to, you have to move on. He is what he is and that’s not enough at $31 million, 20 million maybe $25 if we get the all star back, that was with the Nets. You ride him this year to develop Moore, find a stop gap in a trade and move on. Moore allows you to require less from the PG position. My all out pick is Murray. Forget (F) those draft picks. We trying to be in the back part of the draft anyway. That and the 2nd is about the same. Find some earlier 2nd rounders and swap the next 2-3 years worth of 1st rounders for Murray, and we’re coming for heads.

I like DLo, but this is his 3rd contract. The 2nd contract was for potential. This contract is Market, SON! If you want the dollars, you have to take the chance and prove, then we talk around the deadline about extension. No agreement, we cut ties and we find you a spot we both like.

Good post. Right on.
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,160

Post#19 » by Shaka_Zulu » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:25 am

Doubt he will be a PG solution on first glance, but will be exciting to follow him from summer league and onwards. Every clip you see him, clear cut fundamental player that can do everything.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#20 » by KGdaBom » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:30 am

He likes to take the rock to the rim.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves