ImageImageImage

The Official Rudy Gobert Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,998

Re: The Official Rudy Gobert Thread 

Post#781 » by KGdaBom » Wed May 8, 2024 7:29 pm

Gilbert Arenas has a YouTube called Gil's arena. They are live right now and claiming since the Wolves played great D in game 2 against Denver without Rudy, that Rudy is a Bogus DPOY and it should have gone to Wemby. 16K watching it live.

The link changed to talking about Murray's "Massive Fine."
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,517

Post#782 » by BlacJacMac » Wed May 8, 2024 7:32 pm

Why would anyone care what Gilbert Arenas has to say?
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#783 » by KGdaBom » Wed May 8, 2024 7:34 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:Why would anyone care what Gilbert Arenas has to say?

16K watching it live. I would estimate 20 viewer messages coming in per second. Obviously people care. He has well known guests mostly supporting the stance that Rudy did not deserve the DPOY and it should have gone to Wemby.
I of course think they are all full of sheet :o and not looking at the big picture.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#784 » by BlacJacMac » Wed May 8, 2024 8:01 pm

People love an idiot. Doesn't mean I'll waste my time on them.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#785 » by BlacJacMac » Wed May 8, 2024 10:51 pm

Read on Twitter
sdmasche
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#786 » by sdmasche » Thu May 9, 2024 7:51 am

KGdaBom wrote:Gilbert Arenas has a YouTube called Gil's arena. They are live right now and claiming since the Wolves played great D in game 2 against Denver without Rudy, that Rudy is a Bogus DPOY and it should have gone to Wemby. 16K watching it live.

With Wemby at home since the start of the PO because his team won 22 games.

I mean, Wemby is already a great player/defender and will be even better, but he can't be the DPOY this year, period.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#787 » by KGdaBom » Thu May 9, 2024 8:22 am

sdmasche wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Gilbert Arenas has a YouTube called Gil's arena. They are live right now and claiming since the Wolves played great D in game 2 against Denver without Rudy, that Rudy is a Bogus DPOY and it should have gone to Wemby. 16K watching it live.

With Wemby at home since the start of the PO because his team won 22 games.

I mean, Wemby is already a great player/defender and will be even better, but he can't be the DPOY this year, period.

One post. Wow. I'm glad you joined us. Gil had 4 guests on his show and one was trying to say the voters got it right, but Gil and the other 3 pretty much shouted him down.
sdmasche
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#788 » by sdmasche » Thu May 9, 2024 8:28 am

Yeah, I joined as a reader in 2015 but never posted anything.

Really excited about this Wolves team, I've been following since Ricky arrived (I'm from Spain). A lot of bad years of suffering to reach this point, so we need to enjoy it now. :D
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,209

Post#789 » by shrink » Thu May 9, 2024 12:34 pm

TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#790 » by TimberKat » Thu May 9, 2024 1:37 pm

KGdaBom wrote:

16K watching it live. I would estimate 20 viewer messages coming in per second. Obviously people care. He has well known guests mostly supporting the stance that Rudy did not deserve the DPOY and it should have gone to Wemby.
I of course think they are all full of sheet :o and not looking at the big picture.

Half of those 16k are bots. The other half are just watching the girl that is on the show. :D I watched 1/2 a show and I can't stand it. He is just there to create controversy.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#791 » by KGdaBom » Thu May 9, 2024 5:42 pm

TimberKat wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Half of those 16k are bots. The other half are just watching the girl that is on the show. :D I watched 1/2 a show and I can't stand it. He is just there to create controversy.

For whatever reason his show is extremely popular. I watched for about 10 minutes and there was no girl on the show when I was watching.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#792 » by BlacJacMac » Thu May 9, 2024 6:01 pm

TimberKat wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Probably more. And even a higher % of the comments are likely AI generated.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#793 » by KGdaBom » Thu May 9, 2024 6:38 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
TimberKat wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:16K watching it live. I would estimate 20 viewer messages coming in per second. Obviously people care. He has well known guests mostly supporting the stance that Rudy did not deserve the DPOY and it should have gone to Wemby.

All I can say is SO WHAT. To me these are ridiculous attempts to downplay the popularity of Gil's show. It's fine if you disagree with what he/his guests/ and his viewers have to say. I don't agree with them. I don't know how many bots there are or how many AI comments there are, but he has more traffic on his broadcasts than any other I've ever seen.

From all I've heard and seen I would guess that half or more of all casual NBA fans think Wemby should have won the DPOY.
Once again I'm not casual and I don't think that.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#794 » by TimberKat » Fri May 10, 2024 1:39 am

KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
TimberKat wrote:Half of those 16k are bots. The other half are just watching the girl that is on the show. :D I watched 1/2 a show and I can't stand it. He is just there to create controversy.

All I can say is SO WHAT. To me these are ridiculous attempts to downplay the popularity of Gil's show. It's fine if you disagree with what he/his guests/ and his viewers have to say. I don't agree with them. I don't know how many bots there are or how many AI comments there are, but he has more traffic on his broadcasts than any other I've ever seen.

From all I've heard and seen I would guess that half or more of all casual NBA fans think Wemby should have won the DPOY.

Are we down playing the popularity or just making fun of the popularity (if we could even call it popular). We debated with a bunch of people to death regarding Gobert vs Wemby in the main board so not going to repeat. It's only fitting GA and Shaq don't get a vote on this matter. Congrats to Gobert.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#795 » by KGdaBom » Fri May 10, 2024 3:24 am

TimberKat wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

Are we down playing the popularity or just making fun of the popularity (if we could even call it popular). We debated with a bunch of people to death regarding Gobert vs Wemby in the main board so not going to repeat. It's only fitting GA and Shaq don't get a vote on this matter. Congrats to Gobert.

My point is that Gobert is great and deserving of the DPOY, but he's not popular and Wemby is very popular and has more blocks and steals which are the criterion casual fans have for DPOY. As wrong as it is Wemby just may be the people's DPOY.
Guest84
Pro Prospect
And1: 458

Post#796 » by Guest84 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:09 pm

So the league went back and fined Gobert another $75k for the money gesture...which he absolutely fouled on that play. However, was Murray's gesture included in the $100k he got? How about the gun/shooting gesture after the 4pt play on Towns??

The league needs to make it make sense...
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#797 » by BlacJacMac » Tue May 14, 2024 5:20 pm

Guest84 wrote:So the league went back and fined Gobert another $75k for the money gesture...which he absolutely fouled on that play. However, was Murray's gesture included in the $100k he got? How about the gun/shooting gesture after the 4pt play on Towns??

The league needs to make it make sense...

Murray was not fined for the finger guns.

He got 100K for a combination of the money gesture and throwing TWO things on the court.

100K is the maximum fine.

That's why Rudy got a "discount" this time after being fined 100K the first time...
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,383

Post#798 » by Baseline81 » Tue May 14, 2024 6:01 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:Murray was not fined for the finger guns.

He got 100K for a combination of the money gesture and throwing TWO things on the court.

That's why Rudy got a "discount" this time after being fined 100K the first time...

Are you sure?

I could be wrong, but when I read the league's statement, it did not mention the money gesture.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#799 » by BlacJacMac » Tue May 14, 2024 6:21 pm

Baseline81 wrote:

Are you sure?

I could be wrong, but when I read the league's statement, it did not mention the money gesture.

I guess they let that one slide to make it look like a "tougher" punishment for throwing things on the floor during play.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,209

Post#800 » by shrink » Tue May 14, 2024 6:59 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:

Are you sure?

I guess they let that one slide to make it look like a "tougher" punishment for throwing things on the floor during play.

BlacJac’s right, Murray made the money sign too, plus he decided to skip the CBA-mandated post game interviews.

Rudy missed out on a bargain! Look at all the other childish stuff he could have done for an additional $25,000!

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves