ImageImageImage

The Official Rudy Gobert Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Dalvin
Rookie
And1: 909

Re: The Official Rudy Gobert Thread 

Post#581 » by Dalvin » Fri Feb 2, 2024 12:49 am

I'm hoping Gobert is 1st in line for All star replacement. His defense this season has been one of the major reasons the team sits atop the West
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,965

Post#582 » by KGdaBom » Fri Feb 2, 2024 12:54 am

winforlose wrote:
shrink wrote:
Read on Twitter

I looked it up, and it’s Gobert by a mile

3.26. Gobert

2.54. Wembanyama
2.52. Claxton
2.49. Kessler
2.46. Poetl
2.42. Bitadze
2.39. Hartenstein

DPOY!!!

Yep DPotY, but not an all star. All star replacement doesn't count IMO if he gets in that way.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#583 » by KGdaBom » Fri Feb 2, 2024 12:55 am

Dalvin wrote:I'm hoping Gobert is 1st in line for All star replacement. His defense this season has been one of the major reasons the team sits atop the West

He has arguably been our best player, but KAT and Ant score more.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,498

Post#584 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Feb 2, 2024 12:56 am

The NBA wants the game to finish at 215-212.

Sadly, there is no place for Gobert in the "modern" ASG.

He'll have to settle for DPOY.
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,567

Post#585 » by WolfAddict » Fri Feb 2, 2024 12:56 am

Defence isn't really an All-Star selection criteria though (unfortunately) so I can see how Rudy missed out
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,565

Post#586 » by Domejandro » Fri Feb 2, 2024 1:01 am

Dalvin wrote:I'm hoping Gobert is 1st in line for All star replacement. His defense this season has been one of the major reasons the team sits atop the West

Domantas Sabonis is next on the list for big men (De'Aaron Fox will be for guards).

From an impact perspective Gobert>Towns>Edwards, but defense is generally undervalued for netting an All-Star game nomination. The broader problem is that twelve roster slots just isn't enough for a league with fifteen teams in each conference.
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 482

Post#587 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:15 am

Does not matter. Rudy can rest and stay strong for the PO. Nobody care about this show. It will not bring anything to the Wolves.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,241

Post#588 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:33 am

I would guess second in line at best. They'll put in a first Kings player before adding a third Wolves player.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,241

Post#589 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:34 am

BlacJacMac wrote:The NBA wants the game to finish at 215-212.

Sadly, there is no place for Gobert in the "modern" ASG.

He'll have to settle for DPOY.

The funny thing is, when things tighten up in the 4th, having a DPOY like Rudy would be beneficial.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,653

Post#590 » by winforlose » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:47 am

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
shrink wrote:
Read on Twitter

I looked it up, and it’s Gobert by a mile

3.26. Gobert

2.54. Wembanyama
2.52. Claxton
2.49. Kessler
2.46. Poetl
2.42. Bitadze
2.39. Hartenstein

DPOY!!!

Yep DPotY, but not an all star. All star replacement doesn't count IMO if he gets in that way.

The west is packed and they were not gonna let the Wolves have 3 all stars. Rudy would need ADs spot, and AD is on a big market team.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#591 » by KGdaBom » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:50 am

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
DPOY!!!

The west is packed and they were not gonna let the Wolves have 3 all stars. Rudy would need ADs spot, and AD is on a big market team.

I was 95% confident Rudy would not make the All Star team.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#592 » by winforlose » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:55 am

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Yep DPotY, but not an all star. All star replacement doesn't count IMO if he gets in that way.

I was 95% confident Rudy would not make the All Star team.

But at least he will be DPOY and NBA champion.
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,567

Post#593 » by WolfAddict » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:58 am

winforlose wrote:
But at least he will be DPOY and NBA champion.

winforlose
General Manager

Post#594 » by winforlose » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:58 am

BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#595 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:16 am

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
DPOY!!!

AD is having a monster year on both ends and has been healthy. He’s more deserving than LeBron, so he had to be in.
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 482

Post#596 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Fri Feb 2, 2024 8:45 am

I agree for AD. He has been amazing this year. For me him and Kawhi can compete with Rudy for DPOY. I think Rudy a bit ahead but race is close.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,596

Post#597 » by Note30 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:26 pm

Loaf_of_bread wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:
Well obviously there are 5 players on the court... but winning a championship without an all nba-er next to you.. LeBron has done it. Kawhi did it. Freaking Durant left to a team that won without him.

LeBron's titles he had Wade and Bosh, Kyrie Irving and Anthony Davis. Teams win titles individuals don't. Basically you are saying you don't like Durant. It's coo. With a few exceptions IMO he's mostly been a class act. I too hated him joining the Warriors. We all knew those teams couldn't lose.

Yes, I don't care for Durant's character, and feel Kat is the same. While Kat has shown improvement, he has also shown limitations on what I believe it takes to be a leader of a championship team. And will never be capable of it.

We can call this ant's team longterm, but how right now? Dude porking chunkies on the side w a kid on the way? Not going to find any past championship teams with the likes of durant, Kat, or ant(until he grows up) leading them ...

Dude wtf? Get off your high horse. He's a cheater, it's not awesome, definitely don't condone it, but I'm not gonna say he can't lead a basketball team.

Also calling people chunkies? Maybe you need to grow up a bit.

Dude jus
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions
- March 2023
winforlose
General Manager

Post#598 » by winforlose » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:41 pm

FrenchMinnyFan wrote:I agree for AD. He has been amazing this year. For me him and Kawhi can compete with Rudy for DPOY. I think Rudy a bit ahead but race is close.

Lakers at 25 and 25 have the same number of all stars as the Wolves who are 34-14 and leading the West. If the tables were reversed Dlo or Reaves would be an all star and Karl would not be. You would be at 3-1 Lakers over Wolves. If LAL gets Lebron they should not get AD. If Wolves get Karl and Ant then they should also get Rudy if he is favored in DPOY.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#599 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:37 pm

winforlose wrote:
FrenchMinnyFan wrote:I agree for AD. He has been amazing this year. For me him and Kawhi can compete with Rudy for DPOY. I think Rudy a bit ahead but race is close.

Lakers at 25 and 25 have the same number of all stars as the Wolves who are 34-14 and leading the West. If the tables were reversed Dlo or Reaves would be an all star and Karl would not be. You would be at 3-1 Lakers over Wolves. If LAL gets Lebron they should not get AD. If Wolves get Karl and Ant then they should also get Rudy if he is favored in DPOY.

They got it right for what it is. Its an offensive showcase of the league's best players.

Its an All-Star Game. Its not a reward for winning.

OKC and Denver each got 1. The 5th place Kings got none (with 2 very deserving guys).

AD is averaging 25/12/4 with 3.5 stocks and is destroying people on defense. It's a lot easier to argue he's a Top 10 player in the league right now than he's not.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#600 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Feb 2, 2024 11:11 pm

Rudy Gobert when asked about not being selected as an All Star, first, he said he was very happy to see KAT and Ant make. And then on himself not making it, he said:

"When it comes to me, I didn't even put that much expectation in it. Not the first time I've been taken for granted, disrespected about these things. I've been in this league for a long time, I know how it works. I mean, I'm happy -- at the end of the day, I get to get some vacation. The best defender in the world, the No. 1 team in the West and the No. 1 defense in the league, and we get to enjoy the beach during the All Star weekend. Might be a blessing, actually."

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves