ImageImageImage

Anthony Edwards Thread: Part Two (Read First Post)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

m2002brian
Analyst
And1: 1,153

Re: Anthony Edwards Thread: Part Two (Read First Post) 

Post#641 » by m2002brian » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:31 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:Ant has turned a massive corner.

Game 50: 4 TOs
Game 51: 5 TOs
He has 4 total TOs the 4 games since.

There was a moment last night that stuck out so much even Jim Pete took a moment to comment on it.
Ant drove middle, was cut off and saw the double, so he dribbled it back out and reset. He didn’t force the issue and end up getting it poked away or dribbling off his leg. It’s a small thing in the moment, but if he continues to make those simple reads it is a game changer. After seeing the double, where’s it’s coming from and then backing out to reset, he can then formulate a plan, and drive/pass with a preformed idea. It’s the next level of basketball. The game inside the game.
BLUEGREENRED
firedavidkahn
Senior
And1: 1,177

Post#642 » by firedavidkahn » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:58 pm

This has to be one of the greatest signature shoes ever. The color scheme on this shoe is insane

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,377

Post#643 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:16 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,520

Post#644 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:48 pm

firedavidkahn wrote:This has to be one of the greatest signature shoes ever. The color scheme on this shoe is insane

It looks like you're viewing it from the side and the bottom at the same time...
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,003

Post#645 » by KGdaBom » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:34 pm

firedavidkahn wrote:This has to be one of the greatest signature shoes ever. The color scheme on this shoe is insane

I have more shoes than I know what to do with, but I might have to buy a pair of these. $180?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#646 » by Klomp » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:51 pm

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#647 » by KGdaBom » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:56 pm

At NBA.com Ant and KAT are in the top 15 for the MVP.

And five more (listed alphabetically): Devin Booker, Phoenix Suns; Jalen Brunson, New York Knicks; Anthony Edwards, Minnesota Timberwolves; Tyrese Haliburton, Indiana Pacers; Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota Timberwolves.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#648 » by KGdaBom » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:02 pm

I went on line to see about buying the Ant shoe. Price only $120. Sold out everywhere I checked except in very small sizes. I found a site that jacked up the price to $180 and it was available in some sizes.
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,589

Post#649 » by WolfAddict » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:30 pm

KGdaBom wrote:I went on line to see about buying the Ant shoe. Price only $120. Sold out everywhere I checked except in very small sizes. I found a site that jacked up the price to $180 and it was available in some sizes.

Sold out completely here in Aus and on EBay for over $300

I'm a massive sneaker head so will probably end up paying that... Yes, I'm aware I'm an idiot
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#650 » by KGdaBom » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:53 am

WolfAddict wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I went on line to see about buying the Ant shoe. Price only $120. Sold out everywhere I checked except in very small sizes. I found a site that jacked up the price to $180 and it was available in some sizes.

I'm a massive sneaker head so will probably end up paying that... Yes, I'm aware I'm an idiot

If you got tiny hooves size 9 or smaller US measurement I know a place you can still buy them for $120.
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,589

Post#651 » by WolfAddict » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:58 am

KGdaBom wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:

If you got tiny hooves size 9 or smaller US measurement I know a place you can still buy them for $120.

I'M A SIZE 9!!!!

Sorry for the caps, I'm just excited... :D
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#652 » by KGdaBom » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:20 am

WolfAddict wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:Sold out completely here in Aus and on EBay for over $300

I'M A SIZE 9!!!!

Sorry for the caps, I'm just excited... :D

Google Anthony Edwards signature shoe Champs sports. or click this extremely long link. Baby hooves. I don't know if they will ship to Australia or how much it will cost. They actually have up to 9.5 if that would be better.
https://www.champssports.com/product/~/IF1858.html?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&SID=7391&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=paid%20search-_-google-_--_-PLA-_-DPA-_--_-P-_-Prospecting-_--_-20573231483-_--_--_-PLA-_-IF185810.5-_--_--_-&cm_mmc=Paid%20Search-_-Google-_--_-PMAX%20Standard-_--_--_--_--_-Evergreen-_-20573231483-_--_--_--_--_--_--_-&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAlcyuBhBnEiwAOGZ2S1EPZO7NOVzjKpXFQd4OZsTkeE90L4bv-gMuxVd2nWyZJAAQdasmjBoC61oQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,088

Post#653 » by MN7725 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:41 am

m2002brian wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:Ant has turned a massive corner.

Game 50: 4 TOs
Game 51: 5 TOs
He has 4 total TOs the 4 games since.

There was a moment last night that stuck out so much even Jim Pete took a moment to comment on it.
Ant drove middle, was cut off and saw the double, so he dribbled it back out and reset. He didn’t force the issue and end up getting it poked away or dribbling off his leg. It’s a small thing in the moment, but if he continues to make those simple reads it is a game changer. After seeing the double, where’s it’s coming from and then backing out to reset, he can then formulate a plan, and drive/pass with a preformed idea. It’s the next level of basketball. The game inside the game.

yeah, that was big moment
ANT has been such a bull in china shop, once he makes up his mind to drive or take a shot, he pretty much will so that through regardless of defense, and he's athletic and skilled enough he can make good things happen more often than not

I always remember Popovich talking about young Kawhi, and when he knew Kawhi had "it", and it was when Kawhi realized that when they draw up a play for Kawhi, its not necessarily to get a shot, although thats the outcome if things work out, its to force the defense where the Spurs wanted it so that there would be multiple successful outcomes, even if Kawhi didn't shoot it

hope that has started to click with ANT
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#654 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:51 am

Read on Twitter

Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,645

Post#655 » by Domejandro » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:26 am

WolfAddict wrote:

Glad to see that the least price-gouged Australian is a member of our forum. :lol:

Always wild to hear from Australian friends about how brutal costs are for semi-luxury/entertainment items, due to shipping.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#656 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:52 pm

Read on Twitter

shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,226

Post#657 » by shrink » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:35 pm

I LOVED this Ant quote

ESPN: How confident are you that, this is the year you go to the NBA Finals?

ANT: Super-confident! If everybody stays healthy, I think we’re going to be a problem.

ESPN: Who stands in your way?

ANT: Ourselves. Myself. I think I’m a big impact in being in the way, if I’m trying to hunt shots, and play iso-ball the whole night, and not get my teammates involved, so I think ourselves. We’re in our own way.

I love that even with ESPN trying to hype other teams, Ant isn’t scared of anyone, and he puts the responsibility on himself to play the right way. Just awesome,
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,734

Post#658 » by winforlose » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:45 pm

shrink wrote:I LOVED this Ant quote

ESPN: How confident are you that, this is the year you go to the NBA Finals?

ANT: Super-confident! If everybody stays healthy, I think we’re going to be a problem.

ESPN: Who stands in your way?

ANT: Ourselves. Myself. I think I’m a big impact in being in the way, if I’m trying to hunt shots, and play iso-ball the whole night, and not get my teammates involved, so I think ourselves. We’re in our own way.

I love that even with ESPN trying to hype other teams, Ant isn’t scared of anyone, and he puts the responsibility on himself to play the right way. Just awesome,

Then the lights come on, the AE1’s are laced up, and he makes damn sure that we lose the fourth quarter, and the game. That was his mission post Christmas, and it is a mission he did well. Calling yourself an alcoholic is a great first step. But it only matters if you make the concerted effort to STOP DRINKING. Ant wants to be a functional alcoholic (so to speak,) and it is up to him (Finch, Mike, ect… will help,) to choose sobriety, and stop hurting the ones closest to him (his team.)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#659 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:08 pm

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,734

Post#660 » by winforlose » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:45 pm

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves